Texas Fishing Forum

Where to fish? Lake Anahuac.

Posted By: iKwame

Where to fish? Lake Anahuac. - 12/06/19 06:09 PM

Hi.. Where can I go fishing at Lake Anahuac this weekend? Where are the piers or just fishing off the banks.

Any good fishing holes too?
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Where to fish? Lake Anahuac. - 12/07/19 01:27 AM

Lake Anahuac??? I don't think anyone really fishes that big mudhole anymore. I could be wrong. There are no piers on Anahuac. You can put in at the Turtle Bayou ramp on the northeast side. You get there by going east on I-10 and getting off on 61. You might catch a few small bass.

Do yourself a favor and just go to the Trinity river. You can put in at the I-10 bridge, where you won't have to deal with the locks. Or you can put in at the Wallis Project ramp. You will have a much better chance of catching fish on the Trinity.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Where to fish? Lake Anahuac. - 12/07/19 02:19 AM

Sounds like Lake Anahuac is smoking hot!
Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Re: Where to fish? Lake Anahuac. - 12/07/19 06:03 AM

Go a few miles further south and fish the bay for speckled trout and redfish. Lake anahuac has a nice nature center but no fishing docks.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Where to fish? Lake Anahuac. - 12/07/19 01:43 PM

If your bank fishing you can go down to Anahuac to the 4 way turn right, go to the end of the road.That's the end of the lake where it dumps into the river. Its controlled by gates so if there is some flow you can catch some cats fish there. Looking at google maps there are a bunch of fences there now that used to not be there. you will just have to check it out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum