Texas Fishing Forum

I may have to become a bass fisherman

Posted By: Bentman63

I may have to become a bass fisherman - 09/30/19 08:53 PM

I prefer crappie . But you have to be a marine expert to catch them. How deep are they, How high are the suspended, are what is the thermocline depth?, where is the creek channel?,minnows or jigs ? etc...

It is the same with catfish. You have to be a marine scientist.

With bass you don't have to use your brain. Just throw lures at the bank .
Posted By: T Bird

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 09/30/19 09:30 PM

Really? hmmm
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 09/30/19 09:59 PM

"With bass you don't have to use your brain. Just throw lures at the bank .".......great analogy, ...

oh,and be rich. hooked
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 09/30/19 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.
"With bass you don't have to use your brain. Just throw lures at the bank .".......great analogy, ...

oh,and be rich. hooked

Wow, I have been doing this with mixed results for years. I was actually considering becoming a catfish fisherman. All you have to do is put something stinky on a treble hook and throw it in the water.

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 09/30/19 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rayzor
Originally Posted by JIM SR.

oh,and be rich. hooked

Wow, I have been doing this with mixed results for years. I was actually considering becoming a catfish fisherman. All you have to do is put something stinky on a treble hook and throw it in the water.

You have to consider a lot of different factors. You have to know how to find them in regards to depth and weather. You have to catch shad and sometimes you have to drift for them. With bass you just throw a lure towards the bank with a fancy bass boat that has a 200 hp motor
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/01/19 12:32 AM

I've been doing it all wrong! I don't have a fancy boat with 200 horses. Wait until I tell my wife that I'm going need a new (fancy) boat. I will also need a new place to live. roflmao
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/01/19 02:03 AM

It's just that simple. We are all rooting for you. Posts up your pics. when you get them.
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/01/19 03:37 AM

flush
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/01/19 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bentman63
I prefer crappie . But you have to be a marine expert to catch them. How deep are they, How high are the suspended, are what is the thermocline depth?, where is the creek channel?,minnows or jigs ? etc...

It is the same with catfish. You have to be a marine scientist.

With bass you don't have to use your brain. Just throw lures at the bank .

Most fish are easy to catch if you know the proper technique. Unfortunately, most anglers only concentrate on a single species of fish. One of the reasons that bass tournaments went to artificial lures is that bass are very easy to catch with live bait. If you really want a challenge look into the Texas Parks and Wildlife Elite Angler program. To become a Texas Elite Angler you have to catch 5 different species, of a certain size, in either freshwater or saltwater. To date only 5 anglers in Texas have achieved both the Freshwater and Saltwater Elite Angler Awards by catching 10 different qualified species of fish.

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/01/19 01:18 PM

plus with live bait the bass can swallow the hook
Posted By: hadite81

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/01/19 06:24 PM

This is why I fish for pleasure.... Even catching nothing is a great day out. Learning to fish with artificial, used to be a minnow user, now honing my non fish catching skills with lures!
Posted By: deucer02

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/02/19 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bentman63
plus with live bait the bass can swallow the hook

I don't mind when they swallow the hook. Hooks aren't expensive, and you can get the hook back when you filet it.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/02/19 02:52 PM

Yea, you can throw lures at the bank but you'll mostly catch dinks. I get a lot of nice bass fishing for crappie. LM Bass will take a jig or minnow just like a crappie.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/02/19 04:41 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: balazs

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/02/19 04:56 PM

I'm not sure if you are serious this seems like an epic troll attempt roflmao
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/02/19 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by PKfishin
Yea, you can throw lures at the bank but you'll mostly catch dinks. I get a lot of nice bass fishing for crappie. LM Bass will take a jig or minnow just like a crappie.

[Linked Image]

Wow! Beautiful Bass. Those Brush Piles are paying off.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/03/19 11:59 AM

I catch lots of largemouth bass on cut bait. They just can't resist a big hunk of white meat waving in front of their face.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/04/19 05:13 PM

Donald: This was a deep shady dock where the crappie were staging just before the spawn. That bass was there to eat them but could not pass up that shiner.
Posted By: TXfisherman12

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/14/19 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by hadite81
This is why I fish for pleasure.... Even catching nothing is a great day out. Learning to fish with artificial, used to be a minnow user, now honing my non fish catching skills with lures!

^2. Remaining grateful for the times you can get out and fish is priceless

Re: I may have to become a bass fisherman - 10/14/19 09:02 PM

I was just joking around with this thread yall. I know bass fishing takes some skill too. It is hard to use that foot controlled trolling motor while fishing at the same time. I still can't use mine very well.
Seriously though. Sorry if I came off [censored] an A-Hole
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum