Texas Fishing Forum

LAKE OF THE PINES

Posted By: Rhino Ranger

LAKE OF THE PINES - 09/24/19 08:18 PM

Any info on fishing this lake would be appreciated. Never been there but planning a trip in couple weeks bass fishing. Staying at Lake Of The Pines RV.
Posted By: crankbait 1

Re: LAKE OF THE PINES - 09/24/19 09:58 PM

Most likely want get any Info on Pines there is a big Open Team Bass tour going on this weekend it showed to be $10,000 first place so lips will be tight.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: LAKE OF THE PINES - 09/25/19 12:44 AM

You'll be on the best end of the lake Rhino. As water temps start to fall, the bass will start gathering in the creek bends in that area. I'll send you a PM when I get the time and hook you up with some "hot spots".
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: LAKE OF THE PINES - 09/25/19 01:39 AM

Rhino- currently they are really hitting crankbaits(squarebills/bandit 200 size) on any riprap or rock on the south end of the lake. Not all of them are keepers but if you want to catch 20+ fish a day that's what I'd do!
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: LAKE OF THE PINES - 09/25/19 07:20 PM

LOTS of small fish to be caught down south right now. Cranknbaits, fluke in the grass, frogs, you throw it and it will get bit.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: LAKE OF THE PINES - 09/25/19 08:50 PM

was out there Sunday on North end of the lake. Caught about 15 on frogs and weightless flukes over the grass. Did that in about 4 hours.
Posted By: Boudreaux

Re: LAKE OF THE PINES - 09/26/19 08:51 PM

Highly recommend staying at LOP Marina/RV. The owner's are personal friends of mine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum