Texas Fishing Forum

KVD switched sponsors to Lews

Posted By: Burbarry

KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/23/19 10:57 PM

This is a big switch by one of the biggest names in fishing.

KVD new sponsorship with Lew’s
Posted By: gar1970

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/24/19 12:15 AM

Money talks
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/24/19 12:27 AM

follow the money,...they all do... flag
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/24/19 12:29 AM

So he's dropping Quantum?
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/25/19 07:24 PM

Lews owns Strike King, so it makes sense...KVD is a strike king man, Strke king was purchased by Lews. Really no different than him going from Motorguide to Minnkota, I get the spotlock issue at the time, but Minnkota is owned by Johnson outdoors, which also owns humminbird and talon.....just saying
Posted By: SAKS

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/26/19 01:12 AM

Basically all the Strike King guys have switched to Lews. Hackney, Montgomery, Niggemeyer, Rose just off the top of my head. I believe those guys switched last year.
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/26/19 01:43 AM

Better question is how much do you think he makes on that deal?
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/26/19 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jobie99
Better question is how much do you think he makes on that deal?

Imma wait and see when his initials are on his model Lews reel( You know this is going to happen)
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/26/19 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by SAKS
Basically all the Strike King guys have switched to Lews. Hackney, Montgomery, Niggemeyer, Rose just off the top of my head. I believe those guys switched last year.

I don't understand the above mentioned switch. Lew's doesn't make lures and Strike King doesn't make reels. KVD put his name behind Quantum reels. When he stops endorsing Quantum and starts putting his name on Lew's, that will be a switch. I am not really sure what reels Hackney, Montgomery, Niggemeyer and Rose use. If they switch from their present reel and go with Lew's, that too will be a real switch.

It is my understanding that the only way a touring fisherman can survive, is with sponsorship. The bigger the sponsor, the better sponsorship that is possible. That's why the fisherman, his clothing, his boat and tow vehicle are covered with sponsorship stickers. The same thing goes for racing.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/27/19 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rayzor
Originally Posted by SAKS

I don't understand the above mentioned switch. Lew's doesn't make lures and Strike King doesn't make reels. KVD put his name behind Quantum reels. When he stops endorsing Quantum and starts putting his name on Lew's, that will be a switch. I am not really sure what reels Hackney, Montgomery, Niggemeyer and Rose use. If they switch from their present reel and go with Lew's, that too will be a real switch.

It is my understanding that the only way a touring fisherman can survive, is with sponsorship. The bigger the sponsor, the better sponsorship that is possible. That's why the fisherman, his clothing, his boat and tow vehicle are covered with sponsorship stickers. The same thing goes for racing.

Which part don't you understand? Lews bought Strike King. Most of the big name Strike King guys have left their rod and reel sponsor to join the Lews team. Now Kvd left Quantum for Lews.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/27/19 06:20 PM

It's real simple. Lews owns Strike King. Lews tells the Strike King pros if they want to keep their sponsorships they use Lews rods/reels.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/27/19 08:56 PM

I wonder how many people actually buy one brand over the other just because of a PRO who is sponsored by a brand. The Pro didn't switch because it is necessarily a better product only because they paid him more money.
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/28/19 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
I wonder how many people actually buy one brand over the other just because of a PRO who is sponsored by a brand. The Pro didn't switch because it is necessarily a better product only because they paid him more money.

Performance bias. Associating a pro’s performance with his gear.
Posted By: jcwebb70

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/29/19 01:16 PM

As stated above, about the money not the product. Lew's is a reel company that bought a lure company. SK guys still under contract with other rod/reel sponsors, so they couldn't breach those contracts. When their rod/reel sponsorships expired they were brought over. I'm sure it was a lucrative deal for the pro's, and more efficient for Lew's. Lew's will make the same reels they do now, just put his KVD on it and bump the price. So if you currently use Lew's, go buy now before they re-market, if you like Quantum, wait until the KVD comes off the plate depending on if the market it as "last chance" or "discontinued model:))
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/29/19 02:32 PM

So he isn't running a Nitro any longer?
Posted By: herbsteiner

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/29/19 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

Nitro/Tracker/Mako/Tahoe are all owned by BassPro, who doesn't... as of this afternoon, anyway... own Lew's or Quantum. BPS also owns Ranger, Triton, and Stratos, but they shut down the Stratos brand. I think a couple other boat lines as well are owned by BassPro.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/29/19 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by herbsteiner
Originally Posted by Douglas J

Nitro/Tracker/Mako/Tahoe are all owned by BassPro, who doesn't... as of this afternoon, anyway... own Lew's or Quantum. BPS also owns Ranger, Triton, and Stratos, but they shut down the Stratos brand. I think a couple other boat lines as well are owned by BassPro.

So he will be in a Skeeter?
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 09/29/19 08:18 PM

He just got a new Nitro Z21 in January but that doesn't mean much these days.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: KVD switched sponsors to Lews - 10/01/19 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by gar1970
Money talks

100 percent right! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum