Texas Fishing Forum

January fishing trip

Posted By: FishingFever2424

January fishing trip - 09/16/19 07:05 PM

I’m looking for recommendations for a late January fishing trip. It can be anywhere in the US for good fresh water fishing. Wife is offering up a birthday trip and I would welcome ideas!!! No preference on type fishing at this point. I figure wherever it is , I can book a guild in that area for targeting the right fish and having the right tackle.
Thanks everyone in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: January fishing trip - 09/16/19 09:28 PM

Dale Hollow Lake up in Tennessee for some GIANT Carp thumb

You could also get in on the world class Smallmouth Bass fishing while you're there

https://dalehollowcarpadventuresrx.ecwid.com/
Posted By: Gone Fishin'

Re: January fishing trip - 09/19/19 10:41 AM

The Winter Months are the prime time of the year for LOTS of Catfish (Both Blues and Channels) on Lake Richland Chambers located between Corsicana and Palestine. ( RC is about an hour and a half South of Dallas/Ft. Worth and is the 3rd largest inland Lake in Texas at 45,000 Acres) Check us out at www.gonefishin.biz as we have a "Package Special" including a Fishing Trip For Two and Cabin at the Marina for $379. Thanks and give us a call anytime at 903-389-4117.
Here's a few Pics from last Winter:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: skeeter17584

Re: January fishing trip - 09/19/19 11:48 AM

Falcon Lake with Broken Braid Guide Service! John Adami is a killer guide for Big Bass!If you want South Florida I suggest Lake Okeechobee with Tom Mann Jr. Always produces a great time
Posted By: BCB

Re: January fishing trip - 09/20/19 01:43 AM

Toho or Okeechobee would be our targets.
Posted By: FishingFever2424

Re: January fishing trip - 09/21/19 02:24 AM

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. All of them are very much appreciated. Someone recently suggest bone fishing in South Florida. Does anyone have any thoughts on bone fishing?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum