Texas Fishing Forum

Monticello

Posted By: Mojoe_Fishing

Monticello - 08/30/19 03:16 PM

Anyone know why they closed monticello?!!
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Monticello - 08/30/19 03:40 PM

Monti
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Monticello - 08/30/19 03:43 PM

Got this from another forum. In short, the lease was not renewed for the park so Luminant owns all the land so they put a padlock on the gate and have closed it for good. The land that surrounds the lake is all private property.

The lake park was still open but the lease with the city was not renewed. The facilities like the docks and boat ramps are now in need of repairs from my understanding creating safety hazards that the company could be held liable for. So as it sits it is private property and no one gets on the lake with private property surrounding it. I hear someone was in contact with the company but it wasn’t sounding like any progress to get it open for fishing was made.
Posted By: JWfish

Re: Monticello - 09/01/19 08:26 AM

I fear the same happening to Lake Fairfield since Luminant closed their Big Brown plant there. There are only 2 boat ramps and the main one is closed off because the boat dock is messed up to the point of being unusable. So very sad to see us losing such once fantastic fisheries.
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: Monticello - 09/07/19 02:04 AM

With the plant not generating revenue anymore I’m sure the issue of liability was a driving force.
Posted By: Tee1967

Re: Monticello - 09/07/19 07:21 AM

Nope, accounting decided they did not want the expense to upkeep the park so they let it go back to Luminant. I live about 4 miles from the lake that just shows you that the local government doesn't give a squat about the fishman
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum