Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Whitney vacation fishing

Posted By: EasTex86

Lake Whitney vacation fishing - 08/24/19 08:45 PM

Taking the family to Lake Whitney this upcoming weekend for Labor Day. Never been
Would like to get some fishing in. I will Be bring my boat.
I have smaller kid 5 yr old. We need to be catching not fishing
If you not what I mean. Any help on catfish or strippers would be appreciated.
Thanks
Posted By: boocat

Re: Lake Whitney vacation fishing - 08/24/19 09:06 PM

So where you staying? I've seen alot of striper/white action all around Walling Bend Island and between the island and the state park. Don't know much about catfish. You might pick up one of those Fishing Hot Spots map. ..I understand the dam is fragrant this time of year??
Posted By: EasTex86

Re: Lake Whitney vacation fishing - 08/24/19 09:23 PM

Loafers Bend East is where we are staying
Posted By: blackhorse

Re: Lake Whitney vacation fishing - 08/24/19 11:13 PM

one of the best ways to catch fish is to troll, I have done for years here. When the fishing is tough it's a good way to catch fish, especially with a kid.
trolling the east shore by the dam has always produced fish for us. good luck!
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Lake Whitney vacation fishing - 08/25/19 02:39 AM

There are tons of small blue cats in the main lake right now. Finding a lot under stripers, the stripers may or may not be feeding. If they are not feeding the blue cats will be. Just outside the lofers bend West boat ramp, about 100-200 yrds off the bank in about 30-45 fow there are a load of catfish all along that area towards lofers bend boat ramp. Just look for fish out from the rocky shoreline
Posted By: marschall

Re: Lake Whitney vacation fishing - 08/27/19 10:28 AM

Took the boat out last Saturday and the only boats were all on the south side of the lake between the cliffs to the west side near the cliffs to the island . Lake smells terrible on the south side like it is turning over .
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Lake Whitney vacation fishing - 08/27/19 09:18 PM

Stripers have been running along the shore around the loafers bend east and west area. Guides have indicated they are having to work for limits but catching a limit most days.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum