Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville Tips

Posted By: nathanhdz

Lake Lewisville Tips - 08/21/19 03:51 PM

**ANY TIPS WELCOME!**
A buddy of mine is wanting me to take him and a few of his family members fishin on Lake Lewisville this Saturday since I'm the only angler he knows.
I aint gunna pass up an opportunity to fish, obviously, but I also don't know much about lake Lewisville fishin other than fishing the barge.

We're taking out a fishing pontoon, and I'm wondering if it would be best to aim for crappie or white bass.
If crappie would be the best bet, what are some good spots to look for deep brush?
OR would it be better to aim for the bridges in the pontoon?

If white bass would be a better option, what are some good spots to check out?
Deep or shallow? LOL I've got so many questions...

I'll take any help y'all can offer. I wanna make sure they catch SOMETHIN! Lol
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Lake Lewisville Tips - 08/21/19 04:36 PM

If I was you, i'd hit the 35 bridge and fish for crappie on the pillars. If you don't know where brush piles are, then you won't find them. Sandies are slow right now
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Lake Lewisville Tips - 08/21/19 04:51 PM

Contact a guide and ask them if they would give a price on riding in your boat and show you locations to fish. Would be a learning opportunity and a great chance to put you and your family on some fish. We did this on Lake Fork. He showed us how to read our fish finder properly, tuned it in for us, showed us summer patterns for big bass and best baits to use. Still use those tips and tricks to this day and they work every summer.

Contact Jacky Wiggins. Super nice guy and an awesome guide. Maybe he can provide you some pricing for this kind of service if he has the time.

http://www.ntxfishing.net/

Posted By: Mr. Skeeter

Re: Lake Lewisville Tips - 08/22/19 03:18 PM

Sandbass are schooling everywhere
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Lake Lewisville Tips - 08/22/19 05:22 PM

It has been a while since I fished Lewisville but I use to fish it a lot. I fished mainly for sandies and hybrids. I am mainly a bait fisherman and my go to places when seining were the beach by the Colony ramp and the beach NW of the cut on the west side of the lake. My experience with Lewisville was forget about using store bought minnows for sandies. With a cast net I liked the Pier 121 marina and along the cut on the NW side. The party cove one. If you are thinking about trolling then you might try between the cuts. Live bait fishing I liked the are just north of the Colony cut and Twin Poles.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Lake Lewisville Tips - 08/22/19 05:50 PM

Main lake humps and ledges just like any other lake. Watch for where the thermocline and humps meet up
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Lake Lewisville Tips - 08/27/19 12:53 PM

How did yall end up doing
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum