Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Travis Vacation_Fishing

Posted By: TXanalogkd

Lake Travis Vacation_Fishing - 07/21/19 03:20 PM

We have been to Canyon Lake multiple times, so I am thinking about taking the family to Lake Travis. Do you all have have any suggestions for decent lodging near the lake. I plan on pulling the boat.
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Lake Travis Vacation_Fishing - 07/22/19 01:23 AM

The island is pretty cool looking with decent pricing. There is also some good rentals on VRBO.

If you go during the weekend I would advise somewhere in/near the river. The main lake gets pretty nuts on the summer weekends when people start driving their giant cruise liners around.
Posted By: herbsteiner

Re: Lake Travis Vacation_Fishing - 07/22/19 05:06 PM

I live on Lake Travis. Be aware that on the weekends, there is such a gaggle of pleasure boaters of all types and jetskis that in the main lake basin it's like a small ocean but with conflicting waves coming at you from all sides simultaneously. We were in a 19 foot Legend with a 200 on the back and got the crape' beat out of us with 3 and 4 footers by noon and had to head back to the house.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Lake Travis Vacation_Fishing - 07/24/19 08:09 PM

Awww Herb! It wasn't that bad! At least we caught em!

Re: Lake Travis Vacation_Fishing - 07/25/19 02:17 AM

Okay, yeah, we caught 'em. LOL But it was rough.

Re: Lake Travis Vacation_Fishing - 07/30/19 12:00 PM

Well rough or not...I ain't skeered of it! Ya gotta go where they live! But, I am getting a bigger boat this week!

Re: Lake Travis Vacation_Fishing - 07/31/19 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by fivebites
Well rough or not...I ain't skeered of it! Ya gotta go where they live! But, I am getting a bigger boat this week!

Have you sold the Legend?

Re: Lake Travis Vacation_Fishing - 08/05/19 10:36 AM

YEP...and bought a bigger one! '17 Alpha 199 with a 225 Proxs! Sweet boat!!

Re: Lake Travis Vacation_Fishing - 08/05/19 12:10 PM

Sweet ride, Randy!! thumb thumb thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum