Texas Fishing Forum

Belton Lake Cedar Ridge courtesy dock

Posted By: jdr418

Belton Lake Cedar Ridge courtesy dock - 07/16/19 11:54 PM

I am pretty sure that all of the lakes in the C.O.E.'s Ft. Worth district are in need of lots of repair and maintenance after this springs high water. That being said, here is an example of a dangerous problem I have seen on Belton Lake. This is the courtesy dock at the ramp in Cedar Ridge Park. It has boards missing and broken around the perimeter and there is lots of bumper padding missing that will cause damaged to your boat when docking. Worst of all there is a large section of aluminum decking missing from the walkway from shore to the dock. You have to walk on the bottom of the guard rail to get across. If you boat on Belton Lake call the local Corp office or the Ft. Worth office and ask them to fix this issue. If there are other safety issue report them also.

Attached picture KIMG0468.jpg
Attached picture KIMG0472.jpg
Attached picture KIMG0473.jpg
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Belton Lake Cedar Ridge courtesy dock - 07/17/19 01:22 PM

your lucky to have a dock a lot of lakes in north tx you have to park on the bank.
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Belton Lake Cedar Ridge courtesy dock - 07/17/19 07:01 PM

Im pretty sure this is why we pay an entrance fee to the park, or buy the annual pass. I see docks like this literally for years! BTW, I live in Killeen and use that and many other docks on Belton, and Stilhouse. It's frustrating because you almost cant use them, first of all people are fishing from them, or they are in the shape you mentioned.
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Belton Lake Cedar Ridge courtesy dock - 07/17/19 07:07 PM

Im not sure if this is the same dock, but the website says the Cedar Ridge "fishing dock" is closed permanently.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Belton Lake Cedar Ridge courtesy dock - 07/17/19 07:28 PM

Rogers Park ramp on Belton is worse. Whom ever responsible for dock insp./repair dropping the ball badly.
Posted By: SALLYSUE

Re: Belton Lake Cedar Ridge courtesy dock - 07/17/19 07:29 PM

and west cliff also
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Belton Lake Cedar Ridge courtesy dock - 07/18/19 12:30 PM

Yellow tape kinda says it all.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Belton Lake Cedar Ridge courtesy dock - 07/18/19 12:31 PM

they are not going to fix them. At Lake Waco they remove them and put in a cheese piss of [censored]. Was told it cost ($3500 to 5000) to much to repair every time the lake floods and these new thing are only $1500. Also our congress man said he was going to get money to fix up all the parks but that was just a campaign promise, the C O E did not get a dime more for the past 3 years.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum