Texas Fishing Forum

Family Trip - Broken Bow

Posted By: TFFTexican

Family Trip - Broken Bow - 07/10/19 12:28 PM

Taking family trip in a couple of weeks - with 4 little ones (12 to 1 years old). We have never been. Any spots to plan for fishing? We are staying at one of the Beavers Bend Cabins.
Posted By: mow

Re: Family Trip - Broken Bow - 07/12/19 09:52 PM

f'd up the cold hole..its red now..also its become a federal secret when they dump trout..your only luck is to time it when they have a trout release..lake is way up..just got back two weeks ago.lots and lots of rain...just have to explore your options..almost nobody will tell you anything..keep a lookout for the tankers that hold the trout..and then follow them and see where they release..if you can find where they release..its a mother load of fun for the kiddos..the water is cold on the mountainfork,,and i guess you know that the swimming area sno cone stand is a must..best sno cones ive ever had!..pm me for any other info..good luck
Posted By: SoonerDG

Re: Family Trip - Broken Bow - 07/15/19 03:27 PM

Haven't been since memorial day. caught quite a few fish. I assume with the little ones you'll be fishing from the bank. The best place I know of from the bank is the stretch from the bridge to 40 foot hole. It's the next bridge past the fly shop. There's good bank access along both sides, but they launch all the kayaks there too so you'll have to deal with them. Another good bank spot is above what used to be lost creek (second bridge past the fly shop). If you're coming from the fly shop you cross that bridge and there's a parking area on the left. It's a bit of a steep hill but it's pretty easy to get to the water. In either place, if you just want to catch fish, float a salmon egg or a worm under a bobber down the current seams. I'm not a purist and this is the best way to catch numbers.

If it's just you and you want to wade, fish the area down stream of the swimming area. Wade out to the middle about 50 yards from the bridge and use either an inline spinner of float the salmon egg/worm. Wading in the spot above is also good and gives you access to better water than fishing from the bank.

Those are the areas I normally fish and I most always catch my limit. Also, stop in and talk to the guy who owns the fly shop. he's a super nice guy and he'll tell you what's producing at that time.

All this is assuming you're fishing with conventional gear. I know nothing about fly fishing.
Posted By: TFFTexican

Re: Family Trip - Broken Bow - 07/15/19 07:11 PM

Thanks guys! Just hoping to let he kiddos have some fun out there.
Posted By: AlbertineDavis

Re: Family Trip - Broken Bow - 07/17/19 09:13 AM

That`s very interesting, you can relax from your children`s noisy
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Family Trip - Broken Bow - 07/17/19 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by AlbertineDavis
That`s very interesting, you can relax from your children`s noisy

Not sure what point you are trying to make or even if you're making a point. I have 4 kids and my favorite outdoor experiences are with them. Nothing more relaxing than seeing my kids having fun outdoors.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum