Texas Fishing Forum

replacing stolen/missing fishing equipment

Posted By: fishfun7368

replacing stolen/missing fishing equipment - 06/20/19 02:18 PM

I had all of my fishing equipment come up missing. I know it was a tough situation but now I need to replace it does anyone know any real good deal when have to purchase a large amount of equipment.
lost 12 baitcast combos mostly lews. 14 plano boxes full. 2 soft tackle bags full just a idea was has to replace
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: replacing stolen/missing fishing equipment - 06/20/19 02:22 PM

Tough deal, sorry to hear. I am hopeful you filed a police report? Watch your area Craigslist to see if any of your gear shows up. Also pay a visit to your local pawn shops and let them know what you lost. Be sure to leave them your name and number.
Posted By: skeeterusa

Re: replacing stolen/missing fishing equipment - 06/20/19 03:46 PM

I feel your pain brother....
All rods are 25% off at academy right now.... They have some Hot Deals on a few Lew's combos also. They also have a current $10/$20/$100 coupon out right now.
I bit the bullet and picked up 7 Dobyns Tuesday so I could use the $100 coupon plus the 25% off coupled with a $75 gift card=good deal.
If you are near SETX I have some stuff that I will be parting with just give me a shout.
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: replacing stolen/missing fishing equipment - 06/20/19 04:03 PM

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum.../baitcasting-combos-various#Post13187242
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: replacing stolen/missing fishing equipment - 06/21/19 12:10 PM

I also have some gear you can have!
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: replacing stolen/missing fishing equipment - 06/21/19 10:24 PM

orange thieves strike again. some years back a pack of them got caught and the judge apparently thought stealing fishing equipement wasn't that big a deal and just fined them. Hence a pack is still in business.

when my boat sank progressive paid me for the reels I lost due to infusion of sand (with the water) . Have you thought about insurance?
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: replacing stolen/missing fishing equipment - 06/22/19 12:36 AM

if you are near DF/W
i have rods that are legitimate
& lures
I will give you some stuff
I will never be able to use it all
let me know
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: replacing stolen/missing fishing equipment - 06/23/19 12:34 PM

Post online that you are looking to buy fishing tackle and are interested in Lew's combos and tackle boxes of lures and soft plastics.
Thieves aren't that smart, and if you have someone respond, take along a buddy who just happens to be an undercover cop, and that just happens to have a drug sniffing dog.

I've had my tackle stolen years ago and it's not easy to replace everything, and what I hated most was the sentimental value I could never replace.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: replacing stolen/missing fishing equipment - 06/23/19 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
orange thieves strike again

What orange thieves are you referring to B Allen? I live in Orange and haven't heard of this yet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum