Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Bob conditions

Posted By: Undertow

Ray Bob conditions - 06/12/19 12:39 AM

Anyone been out since the big Sunday storm? Was thinking about doing some crappie fishing Friday. But the park alerts make it sound like the lake is just a mess. Cant help but feel like they are overblowing things, for a lake that is only a little over 4 feet high. Haven't been out on it since end of April though.

Thanks,
Skop
Posted By: Mallison22

Re: Ray Bob conditions - 06/12/19 02:31 AM

Launched out of Isle D state park today. Other than swim beach being closed and I guess some campsites, I couldn't tell there was a storm. Lake is obviously still up, but no floaters etc.

Enjoy!
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Ray Bob conditions - 06/12/19 03:36 AM

There were more floaters on the main lake Sunday after the storm than I have ever seen on the east side. I think I saw 5 big ones, looked like big limbs that blew out of trees.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Ray Bob conditions - 06/12/19 02:07 PM

If Ray Bob looked anything like my yard and neighbors lawns after the storm you can bet there are floaters out there...be careful
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Ray Bob conditions - 06/12/19 03:00 PM

Bring someone with you if you are launching on Sanger side, walkways are real high on the ramps.
Posted By: Undertow

Re: Ray Bob conditions - 06/12/19 03:04 PM

Thanks Gents for the info. I'll go ahead and take my chances by putting around at slow to moderate speeds. Cant believe the Pond Creek ramp shows to be closed. For a 4-5 foot high lake? And that was dated May 30, before the big windstorm hit.
Posted By: Len B 1

Re: Ray Bob conditions - 06/14/19 06:02 PM

Only 3 ramps open since last wknd.
Posted By: Mallison22

Re: Ray Bob conditions - 06/14/19 08:17 PM

4' high.
Posted By: DJ BANCO

Re: Ray Bob conditions - 06/29/19 05:49 PM

going tomorrow, how are the ramps?
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Ray Bob conditions - 06/29/19 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by DJ BANCO