Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Reports Peculiarities

Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/10/19 01:56 PM

Does anyone else find it odd that when you read fishing reports from guides on lakes that one will say "topwater lures is hot right now". But then you'll read another fishing report, from a different guide, on the same lake, and they'll say "topwater lures are not productive but crankbaits are". Then another guide will say "topwater lures and crankbaits are not productive but Carolina rigs are the way to go".
Posted By: stratos caster

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/10/19 04:07 PM

I've seen it from one end of the boat to the other.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/10/19 07:14 PM

Fishermen, we're all liars!! smirk
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/10/19 07:17 PM

Not odd at all as 3 different guides specialize in 3 different techniques. To each his own. Doesn't mean any of the 3 are lying.
But that would tell me that I can take my favorite bait and probably catch fish. LOL

Jody
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/10/19 07:36 PM

It would also tell me some guides are starting their days much earlier than others and /or fishing different depths.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/11/19 04:18 PM

If you fish enough u know there are multiple patterns going on. Can't think how many times someone tells me how they caught them, and me thinking I did that alot and never caught any.
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/11/19 07:14 PM

Back in the 90s a couple of publications frequently reported that the bass fishing in Conroe was good around the hydrilla edges. I'll bet the 270,000 grass carp they stocked in Conroe years before were loving those reports.........
Posted By: slim1

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/12/19 01:45 PM

Back a couple of years ago they reported the fishing at Cooper was great on the mid lake humps. The lake was down 14 feet. The humps were islands and all boat ramps were closed. Couldn't get a boat on the lake. I had a friend who did a radio report from Toledo Bend every day back in the 80's. Fishing wasn't that good the first of the week. As the week went on it got better. By Friday they were almost jumping in the boat. He tells me that's how we get customers.
Posted By: Carol Knowles

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/12/19 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Weekender
Not odd at all as 3 different guides specialize in 3 different techniques. To each his own. Doesn't mean any of the 3 are lying.
But that would tell me that I can take my favorite bait and probably catch fish. LOL

Jody

Thats what I was thinking! If 3 different guides are catching with 3 different types of bait, sounds like a good day to go fishing!!
Posted By: EZ_Legend

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/16/19 03:19 AM

If you are referring to the TPW reports, I consider them worthless (respectfully). They seem to report on one or two types of "lure" and who the hell knows how it was fished. Ex. I have fished with a particular t-rig, partner tied on exact rig and caught zero! Before you say it, I was not "running the front" I let him run the helm and I fished the back. Just trying to make a point.
Posted By: Sgrem

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/16/19 04:09 AM

Can drag and drop this report to any piece of water:

"Fishing has been poor to excellent in zero to 14ft of water on topwaters, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, soft plastics, as well as live bait."
Posted By: TxBassSniper

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/16/19 11:35 PM

FIshed and won an Anglers Choice pro am on Livingston on a baby chug bug in the middle of July. Everyone I talked to after the tourney said they couldn't buy a topwater bite. What they didn't know is that I was fishing in a spring fed creek that stays about 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the lake. So yeah it's possible one report could differ from several others while still being truthful.
Posted By: AustinBassFishingGuide

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 06/22/19 12:42 AM

All baits are individual tools that pertain to a specific situation under specific weather conditions and a certain type of structure/cover. There are times of the year that fish look up to feed and a time of the year they look down to feed. Also, they spread out or condense based on available light and/or intermittent current/wind.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Fishing Reports Peculiarities - 07/11/19 09:05 PM

Lips are moving their lying like politicians
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum