Texas Fishing Forum

Brazos @ Tin top Vandals

Posted By: LittleBoatBigFish

Brazos @ Tin top Vandals - 06/14/18 01:09 AM

Not really a report or complaint just a heads up...
My wife, son and I camp from time to time on the brazos sand bars. We leave our old truck at the ramp...
Weekend before last, somebody decided to have their will at the left side of it with a baseball bat.
Last weekend the door lock was "jimmy'd".
Bare in mind this is a "not pretty" 86' ford f150, that is not attractive...inside or out. It just sucks to let it get beat up.
Not real sure what to do about it...
Posted By: Dug71

Re: Brazos @ Tin top Vandals - 06/14/18 01:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Have been thinking of putting in there to fish the river, but not now!
Posted By: LittleBoatBigFish

Re: Brazos @ Tin top Vandals - 06/15/18 01:31 AM

I may contact a homeowner nearby and offer $20 to park on land, not as security, just as a place "off ramp"

I'm sure it's due to overnight parking versusdaytime only...
Posted By: Royce Sanders jr

Re: Brazos @ Tin top Vandals - 06/15/18 01:52 AM

When I lived in Weatherford, I would put in there. But I would only go down during winter months when no one else was there. Didn’t ever have any issues but, it was usually cold then too. I’m sure between the partying and traffic during summer it could happen to anybody. Who knows they may have thought it was abandon vehicle. Even in the wintertime the ramp area looked shady.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Brazos @ Tin top Vandals - 06/16/18 10:50 PM

Sorry for your losses. Tin Top has always been a shady area at best. Never saw the sign for the dump in that area but a lot of people think that’s where it is! Everyone pulls down there & dumps all their trash. Been lucky though, from skiing the river through high school & college to fishing it off and on over the last 30 years I have not got hit......yet. Sux....I mean shucks!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum