Texas Fishing Forum

BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!!

Posted By: BadstreetTX

BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 01:29 AM

BUYERS BEWARE:

I recently received some counterfeit Seaguar InvizX line from Amazon.com (That's fake line for those of you in Rio Linda)
I notified Amazon and they promptly issued me a credit, but I wanted to post a warning on TFF because the seller is still active on Amazon.
The fakes are easy to spot if you are a regular buyer of Seaguar in 1000yd spools. I have identified several discrepancies between the counterfeit line and genuine Seaguar that I will list below next to the photos. However, the easiest way to identify the fake is to pay attention to how the line is wound on the spool. Genuine Seaguar line will be wound perfectly on the spool and will be held in place with a Seaguar sticker. There will also be a sticker on the plastic cover surrounding the spool. If you receive a spool without a plastic cover, and the line is uneven and overlapping itself (basically it looks like it was spooled without a machine), it is a fake. Other identifiers include:
1. No plastic cover for the spool.
2. The label is not the same size as the spool (the spool's circumference is greater than the label's circumference)
3. The label does not have the "Level Wind Technology" logo at the bottom right of the logo
3. The text on the label is fuzzy or out of focus

FAKE SPOOL ON THE LEFT

Posted By: fluker

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 05:09 AM

I also received a "counterfeit" 1000 yd spool of Seaguar Abrazix from Amazon. Same features as above, label smaller, no Seaguar tag on line and no "level wind decal" on spool. Should have known, price was $40 less expensive than BP. Amazon refunded money with no problem.
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 11:49 AM

How does it fish ?
maybe worth the $$$$
Posted By: barbarian

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 11:55 AM

Did Amazon ask you to ship it back to them?

Could it be a type of quality reject from factory?
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 12:05 PM

Did you call or e-mail Seagar customer service?
Posted By: kscatman76

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 12:12 PM

you need to search the thread's on the bass fishing page. I'm pretty sure that is legit line since they are no longer level winding the bulk spools. there was a thread about that a month or so back.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: kscatman76
you need to search the thread's on the bass fishing page. I'm pretty sure that is legit line since they are no longer level winding the bulk spools. there was a thread about that a month or so back.

Yep, it’s been posted many times that they are no longer using the levelwind technology. Even some spools from tackle warehouse are coming this way to guys who bought it.
Posted By: Mofishin1990

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 01:10 PM

Wonder why they stopped level winding them? Production time maybe?
Posted By: ShamrockSmith

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 02:16 PM

Thats what I was thinking. Last big spool I got from Tackke Warehouse wasn’t levelwind either. If you got to keep the line plus got refunded you came out way ahead in that deal.
Posted By: Catch&Release-Me-Again

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 03:54 PM

Contacted Tackle Warehouse and they said they get their line directly from Seaguar and Seaguar quit level winding but he was unaware of the other things listed. I called Seaguar but had to leave a voicemail about the other problems. Recording said they will call me back asap.

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 04:58 PM

Contacted Tackle Warehouse and they said they get their line directly from Seaguar and Seaguar quit level winding but he was unaware of the other things listed. I called Seaguar but had to leave a voicemail about the other problems. Recording said they will call me back asap.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 05:44 PM

Have you seen the burn test video on Youtube to show real vs fake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L55t1jhcrtQ
Posted By: John175☮

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: K.D.
Have you seen the burn test video on Youtube to show real vs fake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L55t1jhcrtQ

^^^Legit test to see if it's fluorocarbon line. Mono lights on fire.

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 05:59 PM

Someone is sure gonna feel bad when they realize that their rant is invalid and false.
Posted By: Bermise

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 08:26 PM

What’s funny is how so many think it’s counterfeit due to stickers. Go use it!
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 08:50 PM

Fake, Fake News!
Posted By: BadstreetTX

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/05/18 11:46 PM

Amazon said to keep it and refunded my money. I called Seaguar and it's a fake. No need to send it to them as its a different color, texture and elasticity than InvizX. Plus all the discrepancies mentioned above. Pretty obvious. It's cheap monofilament someone wound on a spool in their garage and printed out a fake label with a color printer.
Not the first time something like this has happened on Amazon. I purchased a Shimano Metanium XG for around $300 ($100 below retail) from Amazon and received a shrink wrapped Metanium HG box. When I opened it, it was an old Shakespeare spinning reel spooled up with mono. Amazon provided a refund for that as well. Doesn't happen a lot, but counterfeit is big business.
To the guy who made the stickers comment, a word of advice. If you ever vacation to New York, don't buy a Rolex from the vendor on the corner.
Posted By: fluker

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/06/18 12:55 AM

For the non believers, I found out the hard way, after spooling 5 reels and going to lake, the first cast with a non weighted wacky worm tied on, the line floated on top. I cut off a piece of line and dropped in water and it never sank. Mono floats-Fluoro sinks. If anyone wants to buy the remnants of line as I am presently re-spooling my reels.....
Posted By: Basshoe

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/06/18 01:09 AM

It's the new floating Fluoro lines by Seagular

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/06/18 01:11 AM

Burn some for us and YouTube it.

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/06/18 04:02 PM

Just got off the phone with Gerry at Seaguar. He told me they don't do level winding anymore, the stickers are different now and the spools are slightly different and the packaging is also different too.
Talked to him about the video on youtube with the fake fluorocarbon burning. He said last year there was an issue with fake line being made in China but they put a stop to it.

Hope this ends the worry about fake line.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/06/18 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Catch&Release-Me-Again
Just got off the phone with Gerry at Seaguar. He told me they don't do level winding anymore, the stickers are different now and the spools are slightly different and the packaging is also different too.
Talked to him about the video on youtube with the fake fluorocarbon burning. He said last year there was an issue with fake line being made in China but they put a stop to it.

Hope this ends the worry about fake line.

That settles it! No chance anyone will ever sell fake Seaguar again

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/06/18 08:55 PM

Why not just buy from a reputable company?
Posted By: b00stin4

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/06/18 10:50 PM

I sure hope this is not the case...
I have used some of the "new/knock off" sold by reputable local shop and it is garbage..
unless it is fake? from reputable tackle shop? in which case still garbage..
guess I should be looking for new old stock seagaur?
and then next year? switch to Trilene?

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/07/18 02:55 AM

I did talk to Tacklewarehouse.com first and they knew about some of the packaging changes and they gave me Seaguars number so I could get all the changes.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/07/18 03:09 AM

Its legit this has been posted many times.
Posted By: Bermise

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/08/18 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: BadstreetTX
Amazon said to keep it and refunded my money. I called Seaguar and it's a fake. No need to send it to them as its a different color, texture and elasticity than InvizX. Plus all the discrepancies mentioned above. Pretty obvious. It's cheap monofilament someone wound on a spool in their garage and printed out a fake label with a color printer.
Not the first time something like this has happened on Amazon. I purchased a Shimano Metanium XG for around $300 ($100 below retail) from Amazon and received a shrink wrapped Metanium HG box. When I opened it, it was an old Shakespeare spinning reel spooled up with mono. Amazon provided a refund for that as well. Doesn't happen a lot, but counterfeit is big business.
To the guy who made the stickers comment, a word of advice. If you ever vacation to New York, don't buy a Rolex from the vendor on the corner.

Did you make up the reply from Seaguar? Seaguar response is here.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt..._spool_-#UNREAD

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/08/18 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Bermise
Originally Posted By: BadstreetTX

Did you make up the reply from Seaguar? Seaguar response is here.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt..._spool_-#UNREAD

popcorn crow popcorn...
Posted By: Aggie Angler 93

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/08/18 01:50 PM

Here is Gerry w/Seaguar contact information if you guys have any questions if the line is counterfeit or not.

Gerry Benedicto
Kureha America, LLC – Seaguar Division
420 Lexington Ave., Suite 2510
New York, NY 10170
212-867-7040
gbenedicto@kureha.com
www.seaguar.com
Posted By: wh2004

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/10/18 05:34 AM

Dude doesn’t want to acknowledge it’s real cuz now he’s the scam artist.
Posted By: toofy

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/10/18 11:12 PM

What is Rio Linda?
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/11/18 09:05 PM

popcorn2
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/14/18 08:08 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/14/18 09:02 PM

This is exactly why I purchase stuff that is pure junk. I expect it to be junk, I pay junk prices, and when I use it, it performs like junk.

Only an idiot would take the time to counterfeit junk. And if an idiot does, and I unknowingly buy it, I still get nothing different than what I expected in the first place.
Posted By: ShinerInTx

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/16/18 04:24 AM

Lol

Re: BEWARE: COUNTERFEIT SEAGUAR InvizX sold on AMAZON !!!!!!! - 06/16/18 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Sawhorse
This is exactly why I purchase stuff that is pure junk. I expect it to be junk, I pay junk prices, and when I use it, it performs like junk.

Only an idiot would take the time to counterfeit junk. And if an idiot does, and I unknowingly buy it, I still get nothing different than what I expected in the first place.

You sir...are a genius! roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum