Texas Fishing Forum

Transducer Fix

Posted By: nxt

Transducer Fix - 05/20/18 10:47 PM

Transducer XTM9DI25T. Here's the problem. Hit something and a small piece of the plastic (where the clamp fits thru a small slot) broke off on one side. Still in place, however, it's not secure on both sides. Question is has anyone ever use any type of glue to secure a transducer to the motor? Looked for a drop in transducer shield but can't find one for this model. Have a feeling a new transducer in my future.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Transducer Fix - 05/21/18 01:10 AM

I have repaired one with JB weld.(epoxy)..I had to almost rebuild both of the tabs...worked great...another tip is to use a couple of 24 inch zip ties to secure the transducer to the trolling motor...you can get it good and tight but it will allow the transducer to slip and slide when you hit something where the metal clamp wont..causing the plastic tab to break...(lesson learned after replacing two transducers)
Posted By: nxt

Re: Transducer Fix - 05/21/18 09:07 PM

Fixed, thanks to David (shut up and fish). Good guy, he will get my future business.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Transducer Fix - 05/22/18 01:44 PM

David is a good guy...used him for my electronics purchases and installs..does quality work for sure...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum