Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Belton Gar on the move.

Posted By: AQUA11

Lake Belton Gar on the move. - 04/27/18 01:50 PM

The last 2 days have been epic for bow fishing for gar. The big ones are moving and my wife has been hunting them hard. She killed the lake record last Sunday and these two huge ones this week. First one is a 21lb. and second is a 25lb. We will be having a "gar fry" this weekend for sure!!

Dust off those old fishing bows and go walk the banks for some carp, buffalo, and gar. Tons of fun and good to eat also.
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Lake Belton Gar on the move. - 04/27/18 06:39 PM

Wow!!!!! She is going to get arthur itis!!!!!!!!😜
Posted By: sae

Re: Lake Belton Gar on the move. - 04/27/18 08:39 PM

You are cause sum body to commit sewer side.
Posted By: Marc-62

Re: Lake Belton Gar on the move. - 04/27/18 09:33 PM

Gar makes good cut bait for jugs or trotlines. Almost as good as baby carp & buffalo hooked right thru the back with the tail fin trimmed so they swim erratic . You have found the trifecta for trash fish. Enjoy the catan fry & good hunting .
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Lake Belton Gar on the move. - 04/27/18 11:37 PM

Buffalo ribs cooked right are pretty good. Had a neighbor that took all we would bring them.
They also made fish head soup but I never got up the nerve to try it.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Lake Belton Gar on the move. - 04/28/18 02:17 AM

So remind me, do I need a low poundage bow? If so, how low...I normally shoot about a 50 pound bow...

I would rather shoot them with a .22, but that is not a legal means...what kind of bow reel setup do y’all recommend...dam things are taking over Aquilla...I need to get a good recipe for gar balls, as well.
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Lake Belton Gar on the move. - 05/26/18 03:00 PM

Gar is one of my favorite fish to eat better than catfish blueggill no mud taste no fish taste 2cents
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Lake Belton Gar on the move. - 05/26/18 03:57 PM

Bless you for removing those trash fish. Now if you could work on the carp...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum