Texas Fishing Forum

Vacation - Need a New Lake

Posted By: Rayzor

Vacation - Need a New Lake - 04/26/18 01:37 AM

We will be going back to Big Cedar Lodge next September. On the way back, we always stay a few days at a new lake. We have done Ouachita and Broken Bow in the past.

I have considered Lake Tenkiller Ferry in Oklahoma and Beaver Lake in Arkansas. Anyone have a favorite lake with a nice place to stay that they would recommend?
Posted By: In2Deep

Re: Vacation - Need a New Lake - 04/26/18 12:55 PM

You could check out Lake Eufaula -- or perhaps Grand Lake. Both in OK.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Vacation - Need a New Lake - 04/26/18 01:01 PM

Lake Dardanelle..Ark.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Vacation - Need a New Lake - 04/26/18 01:44 PM

Beaver is beautiful. I'd live by it if I could get my Texas wife to move.

Re: Vacation - Need a New Lake - 04/27/18 01:16 AM

Any comments on Tenkiller?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Vacation - Need a New Lake - 04/27/18 11:48 AM

I know this is a little off your question but absolutely one of the greatest vacations my family ever had was when I rented an 80’ 5 bedroom houseboat on Ouachita for an entire week. Towed my bass boat behind us. Fished every morning and evening. Towed kids on tubes & wake boards during the day. Tied up to our own different private little island every night. Great vacation!
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Vacation - Need a New Lake - 04/27/18 12:40 PM

There is a resort on Grand Lake of the Cherokees that I used to stay, just loved that place. Can’t remember the name of the place offhand, though. Have a buddy that owns a lake house up there now...fishing is fantastic on that lake...right around the resort area is always good and the lake is explorer friendly, with some monster fish, regardless of type.

FYI, I used to take vacations on Broken Bow, as well.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Vacation - Need a New Lake - 04/27/18 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
I know this is a little off your question but absolutely one of the greatest vacations my family ever had was when I rented an 80’ 5 bedroom houseboat on Ouachita for an entire week. Towed my bass boat behind us. Fished every morning and evening. Towed kids on tubes & wake boards during the day. Tied up to our own different private little island every night. Great vacation!

Man we did that last summer on Ouachita, it was awesome. The downside is I could not take my boat, the lower unit decided to blow up a week before. I just sat on the boat, provided supervision and drank! We parked in a cove and never left.

Try it Rayzor!
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Vacation - Need a New Lake - 04/27/18 11:11 PM

Never fished there but for some reason CAT likes to go to Millwood.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Vacation - Need a New Lake - 04/28/18 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: MrRoachie
Never fished there but for some reason CAT likes to go to Millwood.

Beeg feesh...duh!
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Vacation - Need a New Lake - 04/28/18 01:01 PM

Just thought about this..

We have stayed in North Little Rock at the Wyndham Riverfront a couple of times.

It is across the street from the Minor League Ball Field and 1 block from a stop for the street car that can take you across the river to Downtown Little Rock.

There is a boat ramp a couple miles west of there at Burns Park to fish the Downtown area and if you go further to 430 on the other side of the lock there is Little Maumelle boat launch.

Re: Vacation - Need a New Lake - 04/29/18 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: 721Phoenix
Originally Posted By: 361V

Man we did that last summer on Ouachita, it was awesome. The downside is I could not take my boat, the lower unit decided to blow up a week before. I just sat on the boat, provided supervision and drank! We parked in a cove and never left.

Try it Rayzor!

I am sure one of those trips would be great but this trip is just my Wife and I going. We have actually tried several times to get our numerous in-laws to rent one of these houseboats. It's like trying to herd cats. As a matter of fact, we have tried to pull off all kinds of family vacations and in 11 years, only one has been pulled off.
Posted By: JeeDubYa

Re: Vacation - Need a New Lake - 05/06/18 03:12 PM

Check out Sardis. I have friends that go there and they catch lots of fish including Walleye
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum