Texas Fishing Forum

Costa Del Mar sunglasses

Posted By: sheaown

Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/04/18 04:47 PM

Has anyone compared the Blue and Green Mirror lens in and around the stained Texas lakes? Which color is best and with can you see the fish under water very well?
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/05/18 01:59 AM

I used both, but found I liked the blue glass better. Really it is just personal preference.
Posted By: photofishin

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/05/18 07:34 AM

Blue is darker and MUCH better offshore. Green/brown/grey likely will work better for lake fishing. This chart may help you decide. I wasn't about to spend $250 on sunglasses and just always used cheapo polarized glasses until I won a pair of Costas...it's like going from Black and White TV to 4KHDTV!

https://www.sportrx.com/blog/costa-color-lenses/
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/05/18 11:58 AM

It’s personal preference. I like the blue, especially on bright days at the lake. They are a little dark when there is some cloud cover, and you fall into that situation where you can’t decide to leave them on or not. The green ones I had were pretty good on the water as well, especially looking into the shallow water. They were better on lower light days. My wife has the gray lenses in hers, and they are way better in lower light and still good in the sun. I have never looked thru them at the lake though.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/05/18 12:09 PM

I wear the green mirror 99% of the time and if its cloudy and I remembered to bring them I'll use the brown lens. I have tried the blue mirror(different brand) and just went back to the greens. All personal preference I think. I want to try the new color "silver sunrise mirror?" for early mornings just to see if its as good as everyone says.

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/05/18 01:05 PM

I appreciate all the response thanks. I have used the green and never looked thru the blue.
Posted By: 10percent

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/06/18 06:26 AM

Gradient lenses/colored lenses generally are treated chemically by your eyewear dr. Clarity above or below water, windshields any trans. light bending surface is dictated by the quality of the untreated lens. Corning Optics have been the choice of ophthalmologist for years. Not all but the bulk of the new gen brands are worse than no shades. A little knowledge......
Posted By: 361V

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/06/18 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: 10percent
Gradient lenses/colored lenses generally are treated chemically by your eyewear dr. Clarity above or below water, windshields any trans. light bending surface is dictated by the quality of the untreated lens. Corning Optics have been the choice of ophthalmologist for years. Not all but the bulk of the new gen brands are worse than no shades. A little knowledge......
Just clarifying: are you stating that it is my imagination that I can see “better” under the surface with sunglasses or that it is my imagination that my eyes feel way less “stressed or tired” if I wear sunglasses on bright sunny days?
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/06/18 07:29 PM

Posted By: bigdiastema

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/07/18 04:49 AM

Anyone use the CMate readers?
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/07/18 06:23 PM

I use green for fishing. Blue for everyday stuff. The blue is darker
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/10/18 09:06 PM

I prefer the Green Mirror when fishing in bright conditions.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/10/18 09:58 PM

Green Mirror is the best for sight fishing IMO, Blue Mirror is the best all around... again IMO.

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/10/18 11:47 PM

Thanks Guys
Posted By: Bonehead1

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/11/18 11:36 AM

I checked out a pair of cmates readers yesterday at a bps. The adds say no lines, but they are made just the same as other offerings, a small reader spot in the lower viewing area molded or cut in clearly leaving visible lines.

A bit disappointed. I was prepared to purchase a set, I really like Costa clarity and have/had a few regular frames over the years.
Posted By: bigdiastema

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/13/18 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Bonehead1
I checked out a pair of cmates readers yesterday at a bps. The adds say no lines, but they are made just the same as other offerings, a small reader spot in the lower viewing area molded or cut in clearly leaving visible lines.

A bit disappointed. I was prepared to purchase a set, I really like Costa clarity and have/had a few regular frames over the years.

Wish they offered them in the green lens.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/14/18 09:41 PM

Green mirrors work best for me.
Posted By: Mofishin1990

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/18/18 03:19 PM

I like the green mirror for the high contrast. They make darker spots in the water, what ever it might be under there, more defined i think, with toning down the brightness and making things you would want to see brighter. What I did was found a place that let me take a pair of the blue and green out side to compare. Blue to me just kinda made everything darker, blocked sun well, but really nothing else. The green on the other hand cut out the sun without making everything dark, as well as put a high contrast on everything like I mentioned before. For me the green mirror are more helpful for the fishing that I do; lake/river.

Re: Costa Del Mar sunglasses - 04/19/18 01:17 PM

Thanks very much for all of your input I went with the green lens.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum