Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni Boat Ramps

Posted By: Set That Hook

Tawakoni Boat Ramps - 03/23/18 06:39 PM

Haven't been to Tawakoni before but plan to go this weekend. Can anyone tell me if and where there are No Fee public access boat ramps? Any tips on where to go on the lake for bass would be helpful as well.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Tawakoni Boat Ramps - 03/25/18 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Set That Hook
Haven't been to Tawakoni before but plan to go this weekend. Can anyone tell me if and where there are No Fee public access boat ramps? Any tips on where to go on the lake for bass would be helpful as well.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
I saw your post sun am.Sorry I cant help you, but have been want n to go to t wok for a few weeks.Let me know how your trip was.And what you found out on ramp situation. Used to fish it a lot looong time ago. Thanks HOOK SET.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Tawakoni Boat Ramps - 03/25/18 03:07 PM

There are very few non fee ramps. You have the 2 on FM 751 (1@ Whites Causeway and 1 and Duck Cove) I’ve never had issues at either one. Then there is another one on the West end of the 2 mile bridge( FM 276).
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Tawakoni Boat Ramps - 03/25/18 03:46 PM

I have always launched at the two mile bridge but i'm a crappie fisherman.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Tawakoni Boat Ramps - 03/25/18 05:45 PM

There's also one down by the dam. Take the turn off for Holiday Marina, then veer to the right as the pavement transitions to Holiday's driveway. There's a public ramp not too far down that road.

Re: Tawakoni Boat Ramps - 03/25/18 05:59 PM

Correct, forgot about that one. As soon as you top the hill going towards Holiday hang a right

Re: Tawakoni Boat Ramps - 03/25/18 05:59 PM

Correct, forgot about that one. As soon as you top the hill going towards Holiday hang a right
Posted By: duckkillah

Re: Tawakoni Boat Ramps - 03/26/18 03:07 PM

They have opened the ramp at the east end of 2 Mile bridge since the construction is over. Its a lot smaller than before, though. And BE CAREFUL putting in or loading with a north wind.....it will push you into the concrete in a blink!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum