Texas Fishing Forum

What is this?

Posted By: lconn4

What is this? - 03/16/18 04:55 AM

Came across this in Glade while fishing Fork Thursday. Made of rubber mesh.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: What is this? - 03/16/18 05:24 AM

Minnow Trap or Crawfish Trap
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: What is this? - 03/16/18 01:26 PM

Very nice trap. Spending the time trapping Crayfish in the areas that you want to fish is one of the best ways I know to help you build the skirts to match the Crayfish. Having the right jig to do this is very important so it is carrying all the senses that the fish are looking for. You will find that the Crayfish colors vary from one part of the lake to the next. Having 5 traps in the section that you want to fish will give you the information needed to build the right baits to mimic the Crayfish.
Posted By: 361V

Re: What is this? - 03/16/18 01:42 PM

Hard to see in picture but I think I see a cone shaped inlet on each end. If so you toss in a little bread or whatever for bait and the minnows are funneled in through the cone shaped inlet to the bait but rarely find their way out of the holes in the ends because of the cone shape. You found a minnow trap. Good for small bait sized bluegills/perch also!
Posted By: lconn4

Re: What is this? - 03/16/18 03:41 PM

There was no door or trap on either end of it. Wondered if another fisherman had seen it and cut the doors off. It was in an area that would be easy for it to be seen but not near where anyone on foot would be fishing.

Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: What is this? - 03/17/18 01:52 AM

might be one of the TPW zebra muscle trap that got washed away.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: What is this? - 03/17/18 02:40 AM

Minnow trap imo
Posted By: DedShort

Re: What is this? - 04/24/18 02:00 PM

Its an aggie PFD
Posted By: squib

Re: What is this? - 04/24/18 02:20 PM

Maybe a holding pen for a perfect-sized tournament fish.
Posted By: Marc-62

Re: What is this? - 04/24/18 02:28 PM

That's a beaver trap use to use some just like that a few years ago. Bait it up & beavers love to go in them perfect design .
Posted By: toofy

Re: What is this? - 04/25/18 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: DedShort
Its an aggie PFD

roflmao
Posted By: sae

Re: What is this? - 04/25/18 12:02 PM

D.S. you a,int right.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum