Texas Fishing Forum

Evinrude Etec G2

Posted By: Verkeith

Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/07/18 07:30 PM

No popcorn needed, but who's running one, pros and cons, please!?!
Posted By: graywolfrider

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/07/18 07:39 PM

I am and love it. I am running a 250HO on a 20 ft Ranger and without a doubt best motor I have ever ran. Not gonna say any faster than Mercury or Yamaha, but mid-range is stout, on plane is very strong. I have no cons have mine since oct of 16 in the shop once for some software upgrades or something. Easy on oil quiet etc. You in my neck of the woods come take a ride.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/07/18 08:29 PM

After the first ones came out and they fixed the bugs I haven't heard any complaints. Everybody that has one says the are awesome and you can't really beat the 10 year warranty. I've heard they are expensive though but what isnt

graywolfrider....pm sent
Posted By: ACAMS

They sure are funny looking!

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/07/18 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
After the first ones came out and they fixed the bugs I haven't heard any complaints. Everybody that has one says the are awesome and you can't really beat the 10 year warranty. I've heard they are expensive though but what isnt

Yeah, I'm really interested in a Ranger and thinking about running the G2.
Posted By: toofy

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/08/18 03:31 AM

Love my G2. Had it for one year now.

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/08/18 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: toofy

Does the computer display come standard with the engine?
Posted By: toofy

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/08/18 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Verkeith

I don't know. It came with mine. I think so.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/08/18 05:20 PM

If I'm not mistaken the 3.5" screen comes standard and the 4.5" is optional. The larger screen displays more data as well.

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/08/18 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: tmd11111

If I'm not mistaken the 3.5" screen comes standard and the 4.5" is optional. The larger screen displays more data as well.
n
Thanks guys for the info. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about the G2.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/08/18 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: ACAMS
They sure are funny looking!

Have you seen new mercury motors?
J D popcorn
Posted By: daddystog

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/13/18 08:11 PM

I just bought a 2018 Ranger with a G2 so still waiting to get some years before I'm willing to talk about reliability but 10 years of warranty and from a local dealer is what sold me on trying one
it will take some getting use to , I always ran Mercurys or Yamahas the Evinrude G2 sounds completely different but it will scream and at idle it's the quietest 2 stroke I've ever heard run , starts first touch of the key even in below freezing weather

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/13/18 09:22 PM

How quiet is it at wot?
Posted By: daddystog

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/14/18 04:12 PM

How quiet is it at wot?

about the same as my Mercury was, it just has a different sound as you start throttling up
Posted By: bubbaque

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/28/18 12:08 AM

I have a 250 HO G2 on a Basscat Puma, in one year I just used 2 gallons of oil, it sips gas, has a 10 year warranty which seems to provide the best coverage of all. It is quiet and really Hauls Bass, I got over the odd look after a couple weeks and now think it looks bad [censored].

Re: Evinrude Etec G2 - 03/28/18 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: bubbaque
I have a 250 HO G2 on a Basscat Puma, in one year I just used 2 gallons of oil, it sips gas, has a 10 year warranty which seems to provide the best coverage of all. It is quiet and really Hauls Bass, I got over the odd look after a couple weeks and now think it looks bad [censored].

I'm still considering, I love my yamaha and how quiet it is at WOT. I'm in the market for a new boat and trying to decide....thanks for the info.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum