Texas Fishing Forum

Stupid question for the pros

Posted By: B. T.

Stupid question for the pros - 03/02/18 06:44 PM

I've got a boat with a POS fish finder on it. I'd like to replace it with something that can find crappie beds with ease, maybe even find the big blues laying on bottom if it's possible. What kind of fish finder would you recommend? Maybe $500. I only fish a small private lake, if I go to a bigger lake i'll only need it catfish. I'm not real big into bass fishing unless I hook 1 lol

Thanks in advance
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Stupid question for the pros - 03/02/18 07:24 PM

Call David at Shut Up and Fish. He'll get you set-up with the best unit for your budget.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Stupid question for the pros - 03/03/18 01:07 PM

Lots of great used units out there as folks upgrade...check the classified sectio
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Stupid question for the pros - 03/03/18 03:53 PM

Look at the HB Helix series. Nothing better on the market.
Posted By: B. T.

Re: Stupid question for the pros - 03/03/18 09:11 PM

Thanks!!
Posted By: Shaggin Bass

Re: Stupid question for the pros - 03/03/18 09:13 PM

for that money, get a garmin striker 7 with side view. great clarity and chirp sonar
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Stupid question for the pros - 03/07/18 09:30 PM

Check with Russell Marine Products, he has a good selection and the guy knows his stuff well. Easy to deal with and quick turnaround. Personally, I would recommend looking at the Humminbird Helix series, as mentioned above. They are about as user friendly chart-plotter as I have ever owned.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Stupid question for the pros - 03/07/18 09:52 PM

We got a garmin 73sv during black friday for 600 everything included for installation and use (SI and DI). Works great, especially like that both SI and DI are on 1 transducer so only 1 piece to attach to the trolling motor and didn't need to add a mounting bar on the back.

Eric
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum