Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics or lake master which is best for my Humminbird?

Posted By: PKfishin

Navionics or lake master which is best for my Humminbird? - 02/27/18 08:05 PM

The guys I know use Navionics, Humminbird and the sales guys are trying to sell Lakemaster. Anyone know the scoop on this?
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Navionics or lake master which is best for my Humminbird? - 02/28/18 01:05 AM

I have both, they both have their own strong points. You will find they vary on accuracy of contours on different lakes. Navionics is better on some and Lakemaster on others. With that being said, I prefer the Navionics card and usually use it.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Navionics or lake master which is best for my Humminbird? - 02/28/18 01:23 AM

Same here. I prefer navionics accuracy over lakemaster. But lm has some cool features I haven’t seen on some cheaper navionics cards.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Navionics or lake master which is best for my Humminbird? - 02/28/18 01:39 AM

Ford or Chevy.....

Tried both, but I am a Navionics guy forever.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Navionics or lake master which is best for my Humminbird? - 02/28/18 02:06 PM

Both are great products, and each have their own strengths and weaknesses, mostly depending on map availability for the the lakes or areas on a lake that you fish. I would compare data from both cards for the areas you fish, and if you cant run both cards, I would go with the one that offers the most and best coverage for you. I am running the Humminbird Solix units on my current boat and use the Navionics Platinum South card and it works great for me and those units allow me to share 1 card between the two. Check out the latest data from Navionics at the Webapp and be sure to toggle the button in the bottom left corner to turn on the Sonar Chart layer. Navionics Webapp
Posted By: Monkeypuncher

Re: Navionics or lake master which is best for my Humminbird? - 02/28/18 06:57 PM

I have the navionics card and it’s pretty accurate, however, i can’t use the “follow the contour’ feature with it on my helix 9. From what I’ve heard, only lakemaster can do that, hopefully I’m wrong and someone will chime in here.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Navionics or lake master which is best for my Humminbird? - 02/28/18 09:00 PM

I like Lakemaster,.... potatoe...patato..taters

hooked the best ones are the used ones you find on here for about half price sometimes,..
Posted By: Jumpin J

Re: Navionics or lake master which is best for my Humminbird? - 02/28/18 09:24 PM

I like the Lakemaster, for Humminbirds, most detail plus Boat Lane Markers, where available.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Navionics or lake master which is best for my Humminbird? - 02/28/18 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Monkeypuncher
I have the navionics card and it’s pretty accurate, however, i can’t use the “follow the contour’ feature with it on my helix 9. From what I’ve heard, only lakemaster can do that, hopefully I’m wrong and someone will chime in here.

You are not wrong, following contours only works with Lakemaster.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum