Texas Fishing Forum

C-Map Genesis does anyone use it?

Posted By: hardheadking

C-Map Genesis does anyone use it? - 02/14/18 06:09 PM

Curious does anyone use this? I got an id and looked and couldn't find anything near me or anything I could download and look at. Maybe its all private paid for accounts? Maybe the maps are not viewable on a PC or my phone? Do you have to download and put on your boats gps mapper? Not obvious to me.

It doesn't seem like anyone would upload their custom map data to share with others. Most fisherman are not anxious to share their honey holes with the rest of the world despite the fact that most of the world knows where they are anyway.

Personally, if I could have my own software like this to make my own maps I'd do that. But I don't want all my stuff up on the cloud.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: C-Map Genesis does anyone use it? - 02/14/18 06:36 PM

Yes Genesis is a payed subscription. Your mapping work while making your own maps on the water will be yours and yours only. Without the subscription it goes to the Web. For it to be effective you must have very high speed internet. Our internet services sucks in Justin and the download for the program took so long it failed due to the time restraints. It is so bad I cannot even update my Nav. Card or even download that program to do so.
Posted By: hardheadking

Re: C-Map Genesis does anyone use it? - 02/15/18 01:08 AM

Can you view the maps that are free on our PC, like Windows? I guess that would be slow too.

How fast is your connection? Mine is only 3mbit but that is fast enough for movies etc, plenty fast. It could be that their server is not very responsive.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: C-Map Genesis does anyone use it? - 02/15/18 01:15 AM

Yes you can view the maps. It is plenty fast for that. My computer is running at 5 and 6mbit and still too slow to download the programs to do the other things.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum