Texas Fishing Forum

Issue with 2015 Merc 4stroke trim

Posted By: FishTheBite

Issue with 2015 Merc 4stroke trim - 02/04/18 09:56 PM

When applying power to trailer boat the trim will not stay up. And it looks like thier is fluid leaking out of the top of the cylinder. This is the third trim unit for this motor. The issue before was that the motor would not trim down when on plane.

Are thier known issues with tilt/trim on Mercury 4strokes?

Of course the motor is now out of warranty so has anyone had the issue and managed to fix it themselves?
Posted By: Gdubfisherman

Re: Issue with 2015 Merc 4stroke trim - 02/06/18 04:13 PM

I have an 05 2 stroke 115 that does the same thing. Mechanic told me that the load on the motor when trailiering my boat will force the motor down and not allow it to stay trimmed up, said if it gets worse I will need to change my tilt/trim motor. I am not experiencing the trimming issue while on plane like you have so I’m not sure on that.
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: Issue with 2015 Merc 4stroke trim - 02/07/18 01:27 AM

Thanks for the reply Gdub. There is enough of a problem with the 4strokes that there is a sticky on BBC. Talked to Gary with Tracker Marine in Round Rock and even though its a little over a year since the last replacement he feels like there is a fair chance that Mercury will honor the warranty since it’s a known issue. Gary is stand up guy and the reputation of Tracker Marine Service down here in Central Texas is one reason I went with Tracker went I bought the boat.
Posted By: Gdubfisherman

Re: Issue with 2015 Merc 4stroke trim - 02/07/18 03:45 PM

Man that’s good news! Let me know if they get it handled for you and if they ever give you a firm reason why this keeps happening, then I can have some knowledge for miyself.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum