Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Somerville

Posted By: basspromaster

Lake Somerville - 01/24/18 07:08 PM

Ok was looking for some info on Lake Somerville. How's the fishing? Places to camp? Structure? Any other basic info that y'all have. Planning a trip in March probably.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lake Somerville - 01/24/18 09:00 PM

Shallow shallow shallow. Most of everything will be up spawning at that time.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Lake Somerville - 01/24/18 09:20 PM

Its been a fairly quiet gem lately.
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Lake Somerville - 01/24/18 09:52 PM

The shallow water marker buoys ARE NOT where they are supposed to be. They moved in the floods and have not been replaced.
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: Lake Somerville - 01/25/18 01:23 AM

Thanks. I will be in a 15ft semi V sonwomt be doing much running. There are enough rampsnthat I shouldn't have to do much running around.
Posted By: Shoreboundangler

Re: Lake Somerville - 01/27/18 07:00 AM

I remember doing some great shore fishing from Yegua Creek Park. You can post up from the beach near the boat ramp and soak baits on bottom for catfish. I also remember going to the "free park" at the end of fisher rod off PR 25. That area had more brush and structure around the shoreline. Hike west of the dead end and try soaking live worms around the trees close to the bank. There are also lots of gaspergoo here mixed in with the cats, mostly channel but I think I also caught blues. There are also some red ear and blue gills in the trees. Somerville is fantastic!
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: Lake Somerville - 01/28/18 12:57 AM

There is a huge thread about it in the Bank Fishing section.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10741848/Lake_Somerville#Post10741848
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum