Texas Fishing Forum

Bob Sandlin

Posted By: slabnut

Bob Sandlin - 01/04/18 09:29 PM

Was wondering if sandies and crappie run in any creeks around Bob Sandlin. Thanks
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Bob Sandlin - 01/04/18 11:08 PM

TPWD rates the lake "excellent" for white bass, higher than any other fish species. I'd have to think that any feeder creeks will see these sand bass coming up from the lake during the late winter/early spring.

TPWD shows crappie as "good" on the lake.

Brad

Re: Bob Sandlin - 01/04/18 11:44 PM

Thanks Brad. Just bought property there but have never fished the lake. Very beautiful and clean area.
Posted By: Smash-Tech Custom Baits

Re: Bob Sandlin - 01/05/18 06:10 AM

Right now you should be able to catch them on the humps on the main lake between the highway and railroad bridge.
Posted By: Big Hopper

Re: Bob Sandlin - 01/05/18 03:06 PM

Crappie hang out under the road bridge at Barefoot Bay. You can catch them there when they are migrating. Lots of people catch them under the railroad bridge too.

If you are looking for spawning sandbass, and we get some rain, go to the back of the Cyprus Springs dam, where the water flows in from Cyprus above. The flow will be stacked with sandies.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Bob Sandlin - 01/05/18 04:36 PM

It is just a beautiful lake, no doubt. I bet you will like it out there. Having an abundant supply of white bass and crappie makes fishing opportunities expand over just bass. You get a few extra seasons of different kinds of fishing.

Brad

Re: Bob Sandlin - 01/05/18 06:24 PM

Thanks guys. After looking at several other lakes, the wife and I just fell in love with the area. Looks like a great place to retire.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum