Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Perky/Transome Saver

Posted By: crankbait 1

Lake Perky/Transome Saver - 12/11/17 02:37 PM

First this is not a rant or a point finger post but just a little advise that would be the Godly/Friendly thing to do. Saturday I went to Perky to fish for a few hours got there about 9AM, went to back of boat to un-hooked passenger side strap then took off Transom saver and THIS IS WHERE I HAD A BRAIN FART I leaned my Transom saver up against the back of the passenger side of boat proceeded to the driver side to take strap off then proceeded to console to put on depth finder then went from there to truck never looked back or thought about Transom saver leaning on back of boat till I was leaving and could not find it then remembered what I did. I drove back around by light pole hoping who ever found it would of set it on edge of grass or leaned it up against pole but no such luck so I had to drive back to Diana with motor half way tilted up and hoping that if I hit a bump that it would not bounce and blow out my seals and fall breaking the skeg busting lower unit talk about on pins and needles, Yes I know lots of people travel without a Saver on there motor but a 200hp is kind of heavy and I'm the guy thing normally happen to, I made it home ok. Mostly this was my fault for not taking the Transom Saver to the truck or do as I sometimes do and put it on the back deck, It's hell getting old. Maybe who ever picked it up needed more than I did due to they could not afford to buy one, but I know if I would of found it laying in parking lot I would of leaned it up against pole, someone else my of gotten it but at least I would of did the right thing. Who knows if they are a TFF reader maybe they will give a shout out.
Posted By: BAllen91

Re: Lake Perky/Transome Saver - 12/12/17 03:08 AM

It's Perky...your lucky you still had a trailer and wheels on your truck when you came back in.
Posted By: Timberking

Re: Lake Perky/Transome Saver - 12/12/17 01:51 PM

It feels sketchy at Perky at high noon.
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: Lake Perky/Transome Saver - 12/12/17 01:58 PM

I lost mine going down the bumpy roads in Shreveport. Got to Ouachita river and had no saver....I sure hope no one got hurt.

I also lost one in the water at Toledo Bend...I couldn't ever swim down deep enough and it was too muddy!
Posted By: flexpress

Re: Lake Perky/Transome Saver - 12/22/17 05:03 PM

i carry a 2x4 for that [censored] i do it once in a while
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Lake Perky/Transome Saver - 12/22/17 10:55 PM

It's way better now since they cleared out the woods and bank. Really wish it was safe to park there and fish it at night.
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: Lake Perky/Transome Saver - 12/30/17 08:07 PM

Used to live near Perky.
Always saw widow glass in the parking lot where a car got broke into.
Would not go there after dark. Local drug addicts took over the place.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum