Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Matt Fahrner and wife, Nancy, along with their children, Brea, age 9 and Julia, age 11, from Minnesota made time before going on their cruise trip to go on a fishing charter aboard the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team in Fort Lauderdale FL. We had winds out of the east at 7-10 mph and seas running 3-4 ft., temperatures in the low 80s, typical Chamber of Commerce weather.

Fifteen minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale FL. I put down two #8 plainers, both with double hook Bonito strips with sea witches in front. For surface baits, we put down four Ballyhoos. We trolled the reef picking away at some Bonitos and Kingfish.

I changed the program and headed out to 350 ft. of water to the Shark grounds. From there I put out three Shark baits surface, midrange and bottom and one kite with two live Goggle Eyes. Our first fish was on the right short as the green hornet jumped out of the water a nice Mahi Mahi. Nancy was our angler and reeled in the 11 lb Mahi Mahi. We reset again and waited for the bite which did not take too long. The bottom rod bent over as line peeled off the 80 International Reel. Matt jumped into the chair while Brea and Julia cheered on their dad. Forty-five minutes later the Bull Shark was brought to the side of the boat for picture taking and was released.

With good pictures and memories to share on their cruise, the anglers retired into the a/c salon aboard the Happy Day Today for the trip back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: www.topshotfishing.com.