Print Thread
Helping a fella outdoorsman out #9475433 11/12/13 04:13 AM
L
Lone Star Cat Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
My cousin bubba and I helpef save a guys life this last Saturday out on lake aqullia a small lake just to the west of Hillsboro we had decided to go crappie fishing on the corps brush piles out there n we started out on our. 1st pile of the day witch the bite was slow to none on the mourning start but soon we had a unexpected surprise when we saw the game wardens headed straight for our boat as we continued to attempt to catch crappie so as they approached us we gave them our proper documents n they checked life jackets n then told us good luck n headed out there is a lot of corps of engineer land surrounding this lake so lots of huters were out n about all around the lake so as they headed of bubba and I seen a canoe with two men in it and the game warden headed for them as we kept fishing they spent a lot of time with those guys but as time passed they moved on as did bubba n I we tryed some timber on the other side of a island but no takers as we decided to try for some catfish earlier that morning I had threw four catfishing rods n with the crappie tackle just in case we might switch what we wanted to fish for later in the day so as I had thought we did so we headed to catch some fresh bait for our new adventure of chasing some catfish n bait was hard to come by 1st spot for bait was a no go so we headed towards the dam by this time the wind had picked up n we were on a mission to catch bait for the great blue cats n this lake as we thought we found a small feeder creek that was holding enough bait for us to go catfishing n we still had to work hard for the bait we cought pluse I was tired of chunking that net anyways so we headed back around the bank to the timber out by the island known as snake island anyways my eyes r watching the sonar / graph as we came around the corner of a bank were we could see the island I'm running the boat motor wide open so it's hard to hear if someone in the front of my boat try's talking to me I can't hear them especially when they don't turn around to talk so bubba is up in the front of the boat n he's talking n saying something n I can't hear nothing he's saying but I new I was about to bring us down on our speed so when I would slow down I would be able to find out what he was talking or saying to me n I did slow down n he said you see that over there on this small island next to snake island I said yea what is that that looks like hunter orange he said yea looks like someone over there bubba said so as we looked n putted along we saw a boat headed out of a cove n head that way n bubba said man I think something's wrong over there n I'm looking but couldn't see anybody anymore n about that time bubba said hay man it looks like there's a boat over there sinking n I said yea man it does so by now I got the boat headed that way n then we see a guy running hard n fast to the side of the island we were headed towards n he stoped n was waving fast trying to get our attention but by now we bothe new something was wrong n I say man bubba I hope everyone is ok because I don't want to see anyone dead he said yea me too as I cranked up my speed to full throttle towards the boat as we approached the island we both could see better that there was a man in the water about 100 to 150 yards of the island n 30 to 40 feet from a canoe so we headed straight for him n the guy on the island was pointing at him so we new were we were needed at this moment we pulled up n I told bubba grab that rope n throw it to him as he did the guy grabbed it he was wearing a life jacket but it was barely on him so we asked him if he was ok n he said yea then bubba said how long you been n the water he said about five min n so we said how do you want to do this get n the boat or what n I have a 14ft alum lone star boat with a 15hrs evenrude motor so I'm like I hope this fella can get in and on top of that he had waters on n two big ol buck knifes strapped to him so he was full of water n he was a big boy but as he pulled up into our boat we helped pull him in and "bam" he was in n we were headed to the bank/island he was ok but in shock from flipping over into 63deg water but as we got him to the bank he's buddy was there to help him out n onto shore he said to us thank god for you guy I disinterested know what to do so told them we would go get there boat/canoe n there stuff spread all over the lake n we did we collected all of there stuff n the canoe get all to the bank n they thanked us so the reason why these guys were there were because they were duck hunting they had set up right there by the bank with there duck mojo n duck decoys to hunt duck when the guy we saved had shot a small teal duck as he could not get to his kill when he decided to get in the canoe to go after it we'll the wind was blowing in waves were white caping n as he got to his duck out n the water n reached over for it a wave cought him just right n tumped him over so soon after that is when bubba and I came along for the ride anyway we ended up pulling them to the boat ram after we turned there boat over n got all the water out they thanked us n we said your welcome as we were happy n thankfull to help a man n distress but them guys were the same guys we saw the game warden go to after us earlier in the mourning n we ask what did the game warden say to y'all n they said well we had two shotguns n a boat load of duck decoys n the game warden said so what r u guys hunting for funny a go figer anyways we ended up calling it a day to n head home but saving a man from drounding is a great feeling some times it takes awhile to hit you but bubba was like well I feel good about myself today n he said go do you feel n I said I don't know I guess the same n I don't know why but I felt like it was ment to be n god had guided us to this man and his friend when we thought we were going catfishing god had other plans for my cousin n I. I am a fisherman n I love to chase n eat fresh water fish n I love The Lord my lord god your lord god n it reminds me of when The Lord saved peter n told him not to be afraid n the bible n I want to be fearless to anything that stands in my path because when god is with me who I say who can be against me hope y'all enjoyed my story because it was a great adventure bubba n I had embarked on that day were life came out on top. The end

Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: Lone Star Cat] #9475442 11/12/13 04:20 AM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Heck of a story. Goodonya for helping those guys out!

Bobby Barnett

Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: Lone Star Cat] #9475448 11/12/13 04:21 AM
L
Lone Star Cat Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Thought today would be a good day to post because it's Veterans Day

Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: Lone Star Cat] #9475463 11/12/13 04:27 AM
C
ColoradoTransplant Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Right place at the right time... good work!

Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: Lone Star Cat] #9475464 11/12/13 04:27 AM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
WOW joseph ...!!!!!
the things folks do to recover wildlife ....
hats off to everyone involved ....
angels were there ....
on the shoulders of all involved ....
how lucky was this guy ...?
KABOOM brother

Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: Lone Star Cat] #9475496 11/12/13 04:46 AM
L
Lone Star Cat Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Yes it was crazy ketchn been fishen long time never had anything like this happen but only down fall was no crappie that day I wanted to keep searching but my cuz wanted to to other anyways I will be looking again real soon

Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: Lone Star Cat] #9475501 11/12/13 04:48 AM
L
Lone Star Cat Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Thanks Colorado

Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: Lone Star Cat] #9475502 11/12/13 04:49 AM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
btw ...silly question time .....
did the teal make it ?

Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: Lone Star Cat] #9475504 11/12/13 04:50 AM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
could a been a real nice green wing drake ....
them sure are some fine lookin little ducks ya know

Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: Lone Star Cat] #9475513 11/12/13 05:00 AM
L
Lone Star Cat Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
We picked that duck up n gave it to that guy n he said all this for a teal n I said hay that's what we do

Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: ColoradoTransplant] #9475526 11/12/13 05:09 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted By: ColoradoTransplant
Right place at the right time... good work!

Plus #1. Good job. cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: Lone Star Cat] #9475568 11/12/13 06:32 AM
C
Catfish-hunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Nice story,sometime god puts you in the right place at the right time. I travel a lot and there has been many accidents I come across on the roads that if I had been on time,I would have seen them first hand. A couple happened a few feet in front,and just in my rear view mirror. Others of course minutes. Makes you think...

Also I thought the punch line was going to be the game warden shows up when you tow them to the ramp and all is well,and then writes a ticket for teal being out of season.LOL good story,interesting read.

Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: Lone Star Cat] #9475592 11/12/13 08:24 AM
L
lookingfor25 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Way to go lone star cat

Living for God, family and the great outdoors.
Re: Helping a fella outdoorsman out [Re: Lone Star Cat] #9475786 11/12/13 01:39 PM
M
mayor (crappiepete) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Great adventure, just never understand why some folks get on the water not prepared for the wind and elements. Like wise have pulled some boats to the ramp.

Using the site for a while...this is really great to share fishing ideas and success with others.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide