Print Thread
S.A. Kids Fishing Club Rescheduled!!!! #9222686 08/12/13 10:12 PM
1st Class Tackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Hey all,

The Bad News......
Unfortunately the event for the tournament and pot luck lunch has been rescheduled. After speaking with Boerne Lake Athletics & Aquatics Supervisor Edward Puente we have decided to reschedule the event. They are already scheduled to have an Alligator Swim. This may have several hundred people swimming across the lake, this information isnt confirmed but it apparently has been advertised. We are taking the suggestions of Boerne Lake and rescheduling our event.

The Good News...
Boerne Lake may be interested in partnering with us for this event and future events. After seeing our growth and speaking with us about our program they mentioned wanting a program like this already. SO now we are going to have a sit down on how we can help each other to make the event an even bigger success.

They MAY offer free advertising for more exposure and a bigger crowd
They MAY offer to wave the gate fees for anyone in the tournament
They MAY offer the Pavilion at no fee for us to use as our weigh station etc.

I have a meeting scheduled later this week with Mr. Puente. Im going to do anything I can to make sure we can make a strong partnership and create a solid program. We couldnt be happier that Boerne Lake and the City of Boerne are interested in supporting the S.A. Kids Fishing Club.

I personally want to apologize to everyone for having to reschedule this event. I take full responsibility for any and all issues that may have come up due to the rescheduling of this event. The opportunities that have jumped into our laps have forced us to continue the planning of this event however; it almost guarantees that the event is going to be a huge success. I encourage all of you to please bear with us and make sure you stay tuned for the reschedule date. Something tells me this is going to be an epic event.

If we want we can still make a get together this weekend but gate fees etc will still be in place. We are going to hold all the donated items, the raffle and the freebies until the true event hopefully next month some time.

We are planning on having:
Pot Luck Lunch
Kids and Adults tournament
Medals for the kids division
Raffle
Discussion on the future of the S.A. Kids Fishing Club

We are still in communication with a corporate sponsor and Boerne lake as more information becomes available we will edit this first post. Make sure you check back often.

Like us on Face book:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/SA-Kids-Fishing-Club/694520943894926

Email us @:
sakidfish@gmail.com

Tight Lines,
Alex R.

Re: S.A. Kids Fishing Club Rescheduled!!!! [Re: 1st Class Tackle] #9222827 08/12/13 10:53 PM
T
TuN3R Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Sorry about the news i will take responsibility as well for it ! So far things are looking bright with several people offering to help us as well as sponsoring etc , boerne lake interested to work with us is another great news .

Last edited by TuN3R; 08/12/13 11:47 PM.

Re: S.A. Kids Fishing Club Rescheduled!!!! [Re: 1st Class Tackle] #9223107 08/13/13 12:30 AM
Pop1655 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I'd be a whole lot more enthused about coming if it was gonna be about 20 degrees cooler!
Let everybody get through back to school and do late September or October.
May be a blessing in disguise!

Re: S.A. Kids Fishing Club Rescheduled!!!! [Re: Pop1655] #9223125 08/13/13 12:33 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted By: Pop1655
I'd be a whole lot more enthused about coming if it was gonna be about 20 degrees cooler!

Yes Sir! Sounds like a very good idea. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: S.A. Kids Fishing Club Rescheduled!!!! [Re: Pop1655] #9223159 08/13/13 12:44 AM
T
TuN3R Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T

Yup we might be doing this sometimes around late september . Let's see we will know more after the meeting.

Re: S.A. Kids Fishing Club Rescheduled!!!! [Re: 1st Class Tackle] #9223166 08/13/13 12:45 AM
Pop1655 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I hosted a rally the third weekend in October for 10 years and we had perfect weather every year. Never too cold, never rained on us once in ten years. Maybe luck, but it always worked great.

Re: S.A. Kids Fishing Club Rescheduled!!!! [Re: Pop1655] #9224039 08/13/13 05:59 AM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L

Great Idea "Pops". There was no way I could have made this upcoming weekend. I am working two jobs and getting a weekend off is almost impossible. Maybe late September or October I might be able to get a weekend off. Would love to meet other Bream Busters. rockon

Re: S.A. Kids Fishing Club Rescheduled!!!! [Re: 1st Class Tackle] #9224072 08/13/13 07:23 AM
J
jagg Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
On a side note: when we gonna see reports and pics of your next fishing adventure, Alex? Talking about a nice Hill Country river trip! bannana2

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless His Holy Name!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBzsXYK-44H5uEUe3WXjmLg
Re: S.A. Kids Fishing Club Rescheduled!!!! [Re: jagg] #9225040 08/13/13 04:56 PM
1st Class Tackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
POP you are right the weather will definitly be more forgiving. However the idea with starting now was to hopefully have the club ready for registration when school started. We would have had an october and a september event eitherway.

Now it will hopefully just make our first event even better even if it does push back our start date a bit. The inital response on the reschedule has been good. only 1 person has mentioned being upset and another 1 or 2 were disapointed but everyone else has been very supportive thanks all. Pop and Laker I hope to see both of yall out at the event!!!

Originally Posted By: jagg
On a side note: when we gonna see reports and pics of your next fishing adventure, Alex? Talking about a nice Hill Country river trip! bannana2

Jagg!!! Glad your back we should get together sometime.

I honestly stoped posting my reports it seems to me that people werent responding as well as they used to. I figured people were tired of hearing from me. It has been an overly good year and I definitly dont want to be THAT GUY...

Also I ran into some issues with the forum since Im now appearently tetering on the individual and commercial line. Some of my post's that didnt sell a thing but talked about products ended up in odd places like bass fishing announcments page when I was talking about trout worms so I just figured I wouldnt waiste my time or the moderators....

I made it back out to the frio twice this summer and I hit the guad a couple times getting low now though. Iv actually been deep water fishing for bass at Boerne lake as of late. If I saw a desire for the post's I would definitly keep them coming.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide