T
txshotgun Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
T
On Science channel now. cheers

Recycle! Become an organ donor!

Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: txshotgun] #9124234 07/13/13 12:45 AM
S
StephenB Offline
Bucket Expert
Bucket Expert
S
Drinking Chimay like it was regular beer was what got me in trouble with the law that one time. smile

Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: txshotgun] #9124240 07/13/13 12:48 AM
T
txshotgun Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
T
Chimay is some good stuff. I had an experience with Duvel that still gets brought up by friends 14 yrs later... I had NO idea it was 9%.

Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: txshotgun] #9124258 07/13/13 12:54 AM
L
Leever Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
St. Bernardus Abt 12 and Rochefort 10 FTW.

Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: Leever] #9124287 07/13/13 01:11 AM
T
txshotgun Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Leever

I've never tried those two. I bet my favorite store, Paradise Spirits and Fine Wines has it, or will order if for me. Exceptionally knowledgeable staff.
Intersection of 407 and 35W north of TMS.

Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: txshotgun] #9124305 07/13/13 01:17 AM
H
Hancock Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
A man is driving down the road and his car breaks down near a monastery. He goes to the monastery, knocks on the door, and says, "My car broke down. Do you think I could stay the night?"

The monks graciously accept him, feed him dinner, even fix his car. As the man tries to fall asleep, he hears a strange sound. A sound unlike anything he's ever heard before. The Sirens that nearly seduced Odysseus into crashing his ship comes to his mind. He doesn't sleep that night. He tosses and turns trying to figure out what could possibly be making such a seductive sound.

The next morning, he asks the monks what the sound was, but they say, "We can't tell you. You're not a monk." Distraught, the man is forced to leave.

Years later, after never being able to forget that sound, the man goes back to the monastery and pleads for the answer again.

The monks reply, "We can't tell you. You're not a monk."
The man says, "If the only way I can find out what is making that beautiful sound is to become a monk, then please, make me a monk."

The monks reply, "You must travel the earth and tell us how many blades of grass there are and the exact number of grains of sand. When you find these answers, you will have become a monk."

The man sets about his task.

After years of searching he returns as a gray-haired old man and knocks on the door of the monastery. A monk answers. He is taken before a gathering of all the monks.

"In my quest to find what makes that beautiful sound, I traveled the earth and have found what you asked for: By design, the world is in a state of perpetual change. Only God knows what you ask. All a man can know is himself, and only then if he is honest and reflective and willing to strip away self deception."

The monks reply, "Congratulations. You have become a monk. We shall now show you the way to the mystery of the sacred sound."

The monks lead the man to a wooden door, where the head monk says, "The sound is beyond that door."

The monks give him the key, and he opens the door. Behind the wooden door is another door made of stone. The man is given the key to the stone door and he opens it, only to find a door made of ruby. And so it went that he needed keys to doors of emerald, pearl and diamond.

Finally, they come to a door made of solid gold. The sound has become very clear and definite. The monks say, "This is the last key to the last door."

The man is apprehensive to no end. His life's wish is behind that door!
With trembling hands, he unlocks the door, turns the knob, and slowly pushes the door open. Falling to his knees, he is utterly amazed to discover the source of that haunting and seductive sound......

[Linked Image]
Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: txshotgun] #9124313 07/13/13 01:21 AM
T
txshotgun Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
T
bang OK, finish the story! I googled the story and GOOGLE FAILED!!!! hung

Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: txshotgun] #9124314 07/13/13 01:22 AM
K
Kahuna Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Derek

Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: txshotgun] #9124323 07/13/13 01:24 AM
B
Bass Buster I Offline
Angler
Angler
B
I guess i need to become a Monk to find out

That Bass dont care if your in a Ranger boat or a metal bathtub with a trolling motor mounted to it
if he aint biting neither will do you any good
Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: Bass Buster I] #9124331 07/13/13 01:26 AM
H
Hancock Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
Originally Posted By: Bass Buster I
I guess i need to become a Monk to find out

FTW! That and the secret monk juice recipe.

[Linked Image]
Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: txshotgun] #9124382 07/13/13 01:39 AM
T
txshotgun Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
T

Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: Leever] #9124395 07/13/13 01:44 AM
Der Vorsteher Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Online Shocked
TFF Guru

Never had Rochefort but Abt 12 is my absolute favorite beer.

[Linked Image]
"Farewell and Adieu You Fair Spanish Ladies...:
Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: Hancock] #9124741 07/13/13 03:57 AM
T
Texassippian Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: ReelBusy
A man is driving down the road and his car breaks down near a monastery. He goes to the monastery, knocks on the door, and says, "My car broke down. Do you think I could stay the night?"

The monks graciously accept him, feed him dinner, even fix his car. As the man tries to fall asleep, he hears a strange sound. A sound unlike anything he's ever heard before. The Sirens that nearly seduced Odysseus into crashing his ship comes to his mind. He doesn't sleep that night. He tosses and turns trying to figure out what could possibly be making such a seductive sound.

The next morning, he asks the monks what the sound was, but they say, "We can't tell you. You're not a monk." Distraught, the man is forced to leave.

Years later, after never being able to forget that sound, the man goes back to the monastery and pleads for the answer again.

The monks reply, "We can't tell you. You're not a monk."
The man says, "If the only way I can find out what is making that beautiful sound is to become a monk, then please, make me a monk."

The monks reply, "You must travel the earth and tell us how many blades of grass there are and the exact number of grains of sand. When you find these answers, you will have become a monk."

The man sets about his task.

After years of searching he returns as a gray-haired old man and knocks on the door of the monastery. A monk answers. He is taken before a gathering of all the monks.

"In my quest to find what makes that beautiful sound, I traveled the earth and have found what you asked for: By design, the world is in a state of perpetual change. Only God knows what you ask. All a man can know is himself, and only then if he is honest and reflective and willing to strip away self deception."

The monks reply, "Congratulations. You have become a monk. We shall now show you the way to the mystery of the sacred sound."

The monks lead the man to a wooden door, where the head monk says, "The sound is beyond that door."

The monks give him the key, and he opens the door. Behind the wooden door is another door made of stone. The man is given the key to the stone door and he opens it, only to find a door made of ruby. And so it went that he needed keys to doors of emerald, pearl and diamond.

Finally, they come to a door made of solid gold. The sound has become very clear and definite. The monks say, "This is the last key to the last door."

The man is apprehensive to no end. His life's wish is behind that door!
With trembling hands, he unlocks the door, turns the knob, and slowly pushes the door open. Falling to his knees, he is utterly amazed to discover the source of that haunting and seductive sound......

I know the answer!

Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: txshotgun] #9124742 07/13/13 03:57 AM
T
Texassippian Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
but I can't tell you, because you're not a monk.

Re: How do Trappist Monks brew their beer? [Re: Der Vorsteher] #9124795 07/13/13 04:27 AM
L
Leever Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted By: CoachWhite34™

Never had Rochefort but Abt 12 is my absolute favorite beer.

I give a slight edge to Rochefort 10 over Abt 12. It is the most complex tasting beer I have ever tried. Actually pretty crazy how many flavors come through. But at almost seven dollars per 11 ounce bottle, it is a treat I do not indulge in often.

I will say that Abt 12 is also my top beer for the fact that it is not hard to find.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide