Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: GoPro users?? [Re: Fishinfellow] #8918906 05/10/13 06:03 PM
Rob Lay Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow

If you'll excuse the music, this is my main video, my others are just bland, or clips from the first week I had my camera. I've got a bunch more footage, just gotta get some big ones on film.

Good job with the fast forward editing and music. I like the fixed for showing angler and then better view of fish in boat. Compared to POV I think fixed might give away spots a little more than POV. I also prefer POV because the movement provides more action and shows water and fish. You need wide angle for POV like the Contour though.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: GoPro users?? [Re: Rob Lay] #8918952 05/10/13 06:19 PM
Fishinfellow Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow

If you'll excuse the music, this is my main video, my others are just bland, or clips from the first week I had my camera. I've got a bunch more footage, just gotta get some big ones on film.

Good job with the fast forward editing and music. I like the fixed for showing angler and then better view of fish in boat. Compared to POV I think fixed might give away spots a little more than POV. I also prefer POV because the movement provides more action and shows water and fish. You need wide angle for POV like the Contour though.

Yeah that's one of my big pet peeves when it comes to fishing videos, they need to be short and to the point. In this video I've got the camera mounted to the rail next to my bench seats, which is a little low for my liking, but it does leave a little more to the imagination as for the location. Never really thought about that.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: GoPro users?? [Re: GrassProShop Jim] #8918971 05/10/13 06:27 PM
H
hoss1324 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
They're food for b roll, but I get tired of primary gp videos. Nothing like a free camera moves to make a video more interesting

Re: GoPro users?? [Re: GrassProShop Jim] #8919007 05/10/13 06:37 PM
W
Weatherford Bass Lover Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Originally Posted By: GrassProShop Jim

Thanks for that. What about the remote? I know that does not come with some of the lesser models. The used one in question has a remote, as well as other extras.

Thanks

Jim

Good point about the remote. The Hero3 Silver does not come with a remote standard. Here's a comparison of what's in the box with the Hero3:
http://gopro.com/product-comparison-hero3-cameras

I guess it depends on how you'll be using it. If you have it transom mounted and can't or don't want to use your phone to control it you'll definitely need the remote. If you wear it like I do it's easy to push the button and you won't need the remote that much. Or, if you get the Hero3 and your smartphone is handy you can use it for your remote over wifi. If you get the Hero3 silver and you need the remote that's a $70 accessory that makes the price difference significant. At that point the Hero3 black might make more sense, but then you're talking $125 more for the Hero3 compared to the used Hero2 w/accessories.

FYI, to use the wifi connection does not require a wifi hotspot. The phone connects directly to the camera over wifi, so it works in the boonies when there's not a common wifi hotspot around.

Good luck with your decision. If you make accommodations for the battery life you'll get good footage whichever model you choose. If there are any other questions I can help with let me know.

Re: GoPro users?? [Re: GrassProShop Jim] #8919025 05/10/13 06:41 PM
J
John-Mark Offline
Angler
Angler
J
here you can look up everything ya wanna know...
http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories

Re: GoPro users?? [Re: Weatherford Bass Lover] #8919216 05/10/13 07:31 PM
J
John-Mark Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Weatherford Bass Lover
Originally Posted By: GrassProShop Jim

Thanks for that. What about the remote? I know that does not come with some of the lesser models. The used one in question has a remote, as well as other extras.

Thanks

Jim

Good point about the remote. The Hero3 Silver does not come with a remote standard. Here's a comparison of what's in the box with the Hero3:
http://gopro.com/product-comparison-hero3-cameras

I guess it depends on how you'll be using it. If you have it transom mounted and can't or don't want to use your phone to control it you'll definitely need the remote. If you wear it like I do it's easy to push the button and you won't need the remote that much. Or, if you get the Hero3 and your smartphone is handy you can use it for your remote over wifi. If you get the Hero3 silver and you need the remote that's a $70 accessory that makes the price difference significant. At that point the Hero3 black might make more sense, but then you're talking $125 more for the Hero3 compared to the used Hero2 w/accessories.

FYI, to use the wifi connection does not require a wifi hotspot. The phone connects directly to the camera over wifi, so it works in the boonies when there's not a common wifi hotspot around.

Good luck with your decision. If you make accommodations for the battery life you'll get good footage whichever model you choose. If there are any other questions I can help with let me know.

would it be comfy all day to wear? thinking batt life if i go all day and not much luck i dont want to record that footage and waste batt but then again you never know when that big one is gonna get on the line so having it ready at a push of the button would be perfect. also maybe i missed it but what is the average batt life one the batt that they come with? 2 hours or so?
I saw several people say get an extra but i wouldnt think that i would wanna have this thing going for 9 or 12 hours straight!

Re: GoPro users?? [Re: GrassProShop Jim] #8919462 05/10/13 08:49 PM
Rob Lay Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
You want to film all day so u don't miss anything. When I catch a fish I think will make video I turn off and on so it starts another file. I can edit 10 hours of fishing into video in under 20 minutes because I know my fish catches are all end of the file.

I also agree about keeping videos short, I shoot for 1-2 minutes, 3 at most. Like that Eagle Mountain video I didn't watch soon as I saw it was 9 minutes.

Re: GoPro users?? [Re: Rob Lay] #8919499 05/10/13 09:05 PM
J
John-Mark Offline
Angler
Angler
J
You want to film all day so u don't miss anything. When I catch a fish I think will make video I turn off and on so it starts another file. I can edit 10 hours of fishing into video in under 20 minutes because I know my fish catches are all end of the file.

I also agree about keeping videos short, I shoot for 1-2 minutes, 3 at most. Like that Eagle Mountain video I didn't watch soon as I saw it was 9 minutes.

ok cool thanks for the help but what is real batt life? i have been doing my own research online and a bunch of people are saying that 20 minutes is it? heck to film all day i would have to get 3 batt per hour lol ... so what am i missing?

Re: GoPro users?? [Re: Rob Lay] #8919504 05/10/13 09:08 PM
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

Yeah, but CMF is a tournament, not just a fishing video of fish being caught. He tries to make those like TV show.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: GoPro users?? [Re: John-Mark] #8919775 05/10/13 10:36 PM
Rob Lay Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: John M. Davidson

ok cool thanks for the help but what is real batt life? i have been doing my own research online and a bunch of people are saying that 20 minutes is it? heck to film all day i would have to get 3 batt per hour lol ... so what am i missing?

I get 2.5 hours on each Contour HD battery.

Re: GoPro users?? [Re: Fishinfellow] #8919973 05/10/13 11:56 PM
H
hoss1324 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
I know it's a bit long, but minus the intro, the quarter wrap up, and the end links, it's only 7.5 minutes, which of 4 are fish catching. Don't be afraid of video, it wants you to watch it! I need you.

I would make a 2 minute video, but it would have no context or progression. I try to make a story line that will help viewers empathize with the anglers.

Re: GoPro users?? [Re: GrassProShop Jim] #8921084 05/11/13 12:57 PM
C
Coldspring Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I was in Sam's Club yesterday and they have the GoPro 2 for $200.

Re: GoPro users?? [Re: Coldspring] #8921908 05/11/13 07:03 PM
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Coldspring
I was in Sam's Club yesterday and they have the GoPro 2 for $200.

Which Sams Club?? they have any accessories on clearance by chance?

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide