Forums59
Topics1,037,801
Posts13,934,738
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish #8775461 04/01/13 03:25 PM
Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V. Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Lake Ray Hubbard fishing has been excellent to the morning of the storm that made the fishing a little slower. I have been fishing the same area as before with great results limits and more on every trip except the morning right after the storm, but still managed a box full… but the pattern is going to change here any day thumb Spring is approaching and these fish with spawn out and go on a feeding frenzy. Most of the fish I have been catching has been in 24-27 ft water but Sunday found them in 18-21 ft as the water temps rose to 59 degrees. I have been using 1.5 oz Godfather Slabs on the windy days and 1 oz SSS slabs on the calmer days but those calm days are hard to come by thumb Most all have been caught on the slab but on occasions the 3 in curly tail grub tied about a ft above has been producing. On a couple of occasions I have thrown the ¾ oz deadhead jig head with a 4 in CocaMoe swimbait and slowed rolled it across the bottom with good results. All of the lures can be found on www.moestacklshop.com or email him and tell him you fish Lake Ray Hubbard and he will set you up with what I use since I am on his prostaff , we communicate quite often and discuss what I am using at the time and what is working to benefit his customers.I had a cancelation Saturday and got the chance to fish with good friend Gene reeves and my brother.. We slayed the fish .I had a trip with a fellow TFF’r that asked about info on Lake Ray Hubbard a few weeks ago.. He informed me he wanted to learn the lake and techniques so his son and he would be more successful. We set out that morning to catch fish and learn. I went through things that would help him for the next couple of months, and caught a lot of fish that morning.. The best part was that I seen him later on with his boat.. I called them and asked how they did and they did very well. I love doing trips where people learn and apply it to their own use to be successful. I have had many TFF guests that booked me to learn the lake and a lot of them are very successful now grin I have been fishing Lake Ray Hubbard for almost 20 yrs and have over 10 yrs experience guiding on the lake thumb Hope the info I provide helps a few out thumb

the one young man in the pictures below, the 5 yr old... Uses a baitcaster , he doesn't want a spinning rod.. Holds his thumb , drops the lure..reels up a little, jigs and sets the hook like Kevin Van Dam smile that young man has the fishing fever bad and will be very successful later in life when it comes to fishing . His dad and him fish all over and the young man has been fishing and casting since the age of 3 !!!

Now, for the rest of the story. For the last 2 weeks when I have been cleaning fish, this duck keeps coming right up to my feet. The funny part is he just sits there and stares at me. So , I started feeding him smile this duck is so friendly , you can actually pick him up and hold him.. just thought it was funny ..

Part 2 of the story.. I waited out the storms yesterday morning and this gentleman walks up and asked a few of us that were standing around if we seen the giant flathead just swimming next to the concrete, well we hurried up the dock to check out the mammoth beast and sure enough he was just sitting there. I guess the lightning or pressure change or something disorientated him for a bit.. the one guy jumps down there, grabs him like a wrestler and then the fish “woke” up.. that thing went nuts grin he actually pulled him out of the water , noodle style grin The other gentleman held him up for the pic.. that thing had to be a least 50lbs .. please note, I am not claiming to have caught this beast.. just another funny story of a fishing guide smile

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8775983 04/01/13 05:45 PM
CHAMPION FISH Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
You never know who or what is going to happen at the boat dock. LOL.

Saturday morning it was game on, sorry your clients cancelled on you but, I had an awesome time catching all of those fish!!!

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8776025 04/01/13 05:55 PM
Y
young cat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Y
Those are some great trips and one nice looking duck

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8776115 04/01/13 06:20 PM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
That's good stuff JV! I loved that about the young man, Van Dam analogy... Boy is that ever the truth. I've always said get a kid hooked on fishing and hopefully he won't get hooked on drugs... The fishing looks to be outstanding from your photos and like you said it ought to just get better and better soon.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8776147 04/01/13 06:27 PM
C
Coachzee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Sounds like some great trips and better fishing. What a monster cat that was!
My dad and I had a great weekend as well boating 101 today and a 3 day total of 182. Thanks for all the posts and tips along the way. I've never done spring whites before but I am ready to go!

Here is # 100 today, pitifull but still a fish

[img:left]http://[/img]

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8776162 04/01/13 06:32 PM
F
Filletmaker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Nice Post John. Way to go.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8776399 04/01/13 07:51 PM
S
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Nice report, twin brother! We have another brother?? Mom never told me about this??!! popcorn grin

That duck flew all the way from U. of Oregon to look for his twin brother? wink

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8776956 04/01/13 10:58 PM
FishBeeLowMe Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Ummm Great StinkBait T-Shirt! I saw you feed ducks at Texoma wink watch out!

Nice fish Dude!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8777023 04/01/13 11:22 PM
G
Going Green Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Coach, glad to see you guys got after em today! We were out last night, did so-so, but had a couple AH-HA moments.

JV- great post! Learning a ton through the generosity of knowledge sharing here on the forum and from other members of RHSA in person. Tight lines, and fish on!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8777094 04/01/13 11:47 PM
D
DrWhiplash Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Great report and even better pics coolphotos Will have Si from Duck Dynasty come down and check on that duck!!!! slinger bouncy And some good replies as well...

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8777618 04/02/13 01:42 AM
BlueTuna Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
JV, my grandson Jake and I always appreciate our trips with you. We both learn something new and useful to take away and apply. Your services here on Hubbard make our fishery a better place.

[Linked Image]
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8777712 04/02/13 01:59 AM
L
luv to fish Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Luv the duck! Nice report JV!

10 lb. hybrid, 54 lb. cat on 3/4 ounce slab-- Hubbard
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8777749 04/02/13 02:04 AM
R
Ringer1 Offline
Angler
Angler
R
I wasted a lot of gas before going with John. He's a very good teacher. Now is the time to go on a learning trip if you want to have a productive summer on the lake.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8777758 04/02/13 02:05 AM
R
Rockwall Roy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
JV has been on them all year. Book a trip with him. You won't be disappointed.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing | Guide report | Future Kevin VanDam, A Duck and A Giant Flat Head Catfish [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #8779620 04/02/13 03:38 PM
Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V. Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Nice going coach smile thanks guys .. I am sure the shallow bite should start pretty soon thumb and good seeing some of you guys out there ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide