Print Thread
Amistad - Lost Camera #8604398 02/18/13 03:44 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
I know this is probably a lost cause, but have to try something.

Stayed at a trailer between Spur 454 and hwy 90. Lost my SLR camera, Nikon D3000. I put it with all my gear on the back of the boat. I went inside to use the bathroom and when I came back my rods were in the boat, my tackle boxes were in the bottom of the boat, and didn't see my sweatshirt and camera. I assumed it was put in the dry box. Made it out to the lake, went to get camera to take pictures and there was no camera.

Can only assume camera flew out the boat. We launched at Box Canyon I believe and traveled hwy 90 west from the trailer.

The camera was in a black case and had a 15-55mm lens as well as a 55-200 mm lens. I do not care about the camera but would love to get the memory card back. Have no idea if camera will still work, but if it does and you find it, keep it. I just want the memory card. I will also pay $100 for the memory card.

Does anyone know of any other forums/message boards that I could post for that area?

Thanks

Re: Amistad - Lost Camera [Re: sprigsss] #8605086 02/18/13 06:15 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
There are several Amistad post, with a bunch of really good guys on the Bass Fishing section. Go to those post and PM every one of those guys that frequent Amistad. They will contact their friends and that makes it a better shot.
I will put the word out to my contacts down there. Did you guys stay with us on River ST.??
Either way I will contact Tommy, Teddy, and Minnie to see if anyone has turned in anything.
Also contact the TP&W main headquarters when something like that is found that is a good place to turn it and easy for the owner to find.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Amistad - Lost Camera [Re: sprigsss] #8605382 02/18/13 07:15 PM
S
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
I did stay at one of the trailers on river street. Friend of mine booked the room, so don't know who owns the trailer.

Appreciate the help!

Re: Amistad - Lost Camera [Re: sprigsss] #8607804 02/19/13 03:21 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Man I hope you get it back, going to be a miracle though.

Re: Amistad - Lost Camera [Re: sprigsss] #8610552 02/19/13 08:51 PM
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I called Tommy Shields that owns most of the trailers on River St. Although Minnie down at Patch's Bait Shop owns a couple on that street. Tommy said no one has turned in a camera to him.
If he hears anything he will contact me ASAP.
Sorry, I tried.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: Amistad - Lost Camera [Re: sprigsss] #8610824 02/19/13 10:09 PM
S
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
Man I appreciate the help. I know it would have taken a miracle to find it so quickly. I think we stayed in one of Tommy's trailers. Think he even came back and unlocked the trailer for me to look one more time before we headed home.

There was actually no reason for it to be back in the trailer, just wishful thinking on my part. I remember taking it out and putting it in the boat; last place I saw it was in the boat. So I'm sure it is, or at least was, on the side of the road somewhere between Spur 454 exit and Box Canyon launch.

You've already done more than I could have expected. I really appreciate the help.

My wife is so upset about losing the kids pictures, she even mentioned heading down there from Snyder this weekend and driving the shoulder the entire way to look for it.

To top it all off while checking the boat one last time at the launch, as I was getting out of the boat, I slipped and fell onto the parking lot. Right arm took the brunt of it, busted up my chin on a rock and can barely bend my elbow. Wife told me I was lucky I walked in the door crippled up Sunday night or she just might have put a good beating on me!

Just want anyone that sees this to understand, I DO NOT want the camera back and AM WILLING to pay for the memory card.

Again, thanks a bunch.

Re: Amistad - Lost Camera [Re: sprigsss] #8611610 02/20/13 01:31 AM
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Did you call Parks and Wildlife like I suggested? Also check with all the motels. When someone finds something like that the motels are the only place they know where to leave it down there hoping whoever lost it will come looking.

Websiite Sponsors:

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide