Print Thread
Carrot Stix Warranty #7230078 02/29/12 09:24 PM
S
Skeeter Jeff 63 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Does anyone here have any contacts with E21 Fishing / Carrot Stix rods? I have been trying to have a broken rod replaced under warranty since November of last year. They will not respond to my written correspondence, emails or phone calls to confirm replacement cost and S&H charge. Rod broke above the handle on hook set. Any help appreciated.

Re: Carrot Stix Warranty [Re: Skeeter Jeff 63] #7230540 02/29/12 11:21 PM
C
Coast Tackle Service Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
You have to send them the rod peices and $39.95 plus shipping and handling charges to take care of your problem. That is your "Lifetime" Warranty.

See Below:

THIS WARRANTY SUPERSEDES ALL EXISTING WARRANTIES as of October 1st 2010-09-30.

Your Carrot StixTM comes with an Original Owner Lifetime Warranty against defects in workmanship or materials. We wish to provide you with the best service in the industry and get your stress free Carrot Stix replacement back to you as soon as possible. It is E21s policy to process claims as soon as possible. We will do our best to provide you with the ultimate in customer service in the process. We look forward to helping you through our Warranty Center at 1-888 234 7421 or visit us online at www.carrotstix.com/warranty. You may also validate your Warranty by completing and mailing the warranty card to the address below:
Warranty Center at 1-888 234 7421
On-line activation
You may also validate your Warranty by completing and mailing the warranty card to the address below:

Carrot Stix Warranty Center
5018 Davenport Road
Sylvania, OH 43560 USA

PROCEDURE: To have a broken rod replaced please call toll free 1-888 234 7421 between 9 am - 6 pm EST and speak with one of our warranty service professionals. A $39.95 fee plus shipping and handling charge will apply to all replacement rods. Preferred shipping rates and potential equipment upgrades may be obtained, only by calling 1-888 234 7421. As proof of purchase, please mail a section from the broken rod containing the Carrot Stix decal, the model number, and a copy of the original receipt to the Carrot Stix Warranty Center. Rod models, shipping, handling and other charges are subject to change without notice. Warranty void if the rod has been altered in any way from its original configuration, including unauthorized repair or damage resulting from misuse, abuse or use of rod for purposes other than those for which it was intended for.

Coast Tackle Service

www.Coasttackleservice.com

Factory Authorized Service Center

Boca Bearings Authorized Dealer
Re: Carrot Stix Warranty [Re: Coast Tackle Service] #7230952 03/01/12 01:18 AM
S
Skeeter Jeff 63 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Thanks, but here is the problem - I will send them the rod pieces, + $39.95 but how much do I include for shipping and handling ? Or are they going to bill me later? I would like to know now and cant get an answer as they do not respond to messages left at the Warranty Center or email!

Last edited by Skeeter Jeff 63; 03/01/12 01:19 AM.
Re: Carrot Stix Warranty [Re: Skeeter Jeff 63] #7231475 03/01/12 02:56 AM
doctorxring Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Whew. I'm pretty sure my one and only Carrot Stix rod will
stay my one and only. That you have not been able to get
them by phone or email since November is not good. One
of the things that attracted me to this rod seller was the
Warranty.

Good luck. If you get you rod replaced, let us know.

dxr

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
Re: Carrot Stix Warranty [Re: Skeeter Jeff 63] #7231957 03/01/12 04:21 AM
C
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
You are going to spend about $15.00 plus materials to ship them it to them plus $39.95 plus whatever they charge to send it back. If they only charge you $10.00 you are now into them for 65 bucks. Is it worth the hassle?

Warranties are pretty much useless unless you can hand it over to the guy at the counter and he can send it back. The E21 Warranty for no cost replacement is 31 days at the point of purchase.

This is the reason I call them "Crispy Stix." They are light and sensitive but so is a Soda Straw and a pretzel.

Coast Tackle Service

www.Coasttackleservice.com

Factory Authorized Service Center

Boca Bearings Authorized Dealer
Re: Carrot Stix Warranty [Re: Skeeter Jeff 63] #7232807 03/01/12 02:25 PM
S
Samarai Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Think about it, if there is that much of a hassle of getting in touch with them, what makes you think there warranty department is gonna handle your warranty claim with much credence. I have a carrot stix that I bought for cheap so when it goes, I'll just junk it. BTW, I had a claim once for a Shimano Crucial rod and it was one of the easiest transaction ever.

Re: Carrot Stix Warranty [Re: Skeeter Jeff 63] #7233006 03/01/12 03:19 PM
T
tractorman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
i had issues with broken Carrot Stick.. You just gotta yell loud enough at the STORE MGR at BPS.. I got mine swapped, and they'll sell you a 2 yr in store replacement for I think it was $30. If it lasts that long without one of your buddies bustin it, then it's gonna live a long life anyway. FYI...

Chad

Liberals are the "spot" that are causing the country to ROT....
Re: Carrot Stix Warranty [Re: Skeeter Jeff 63] #7260136 03/08/12 01:27 PM
H
hoodoobaits Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Another issue with them now other than the fact you cant ever get a hold of anyone. THey are no longer in the United States. They moved everything to Canada, and from what I was told it was due to the mounds of law suits they had. Im not a legal expert and I dont know for fact if this is true, just what I was told by the fishing department manager at Cabelas. I have 18 and 2 broken gold series that I have been trying to return for 4 months.I have been to Cabelas,Bass pro, and Academy(in which they all sell e21 products) and not a single one is willing to help me get these returned for replacements. Needless to say I will never buy another one of their products even though I love the rods. Customer service and warranty are important to me, and when you change the warranty process after someone purchases 18 rods is B.S.

Re: Carrot Stix Warranty [Re: hoodoobaits] #7262806 03/08/12 11:37 PM
C
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: hoodoobaits
Another issue with them now other than the fact you cant ever get a hold of anyone. THey are no longer in the United States. They moved everything to Canada, and from what I was told it was due to the mounds of law suits they had. Im not a legal expert and I dont know for fact if this is true, just what I was told by the fishing department manager at Cabelas. I have 18 and 2 broken gold series that I have been trying to return for 4 months.I have been to Cabelas,Bass pro, and Academy(in which they all sell e21 products) and not a single one is willing to help me get these returned for replacements. Needless to say I will never buy another one of their products even though I love the rods. Customer service and warranty are important to me, and when you change the warranty process after someone purchases 18 rods is B.S.

Please don't tell us you are trying to go store to store to see which one will replace your rod even though you did not buy it there. Buy from a dealer you can trust but remember after 31 days he is powerless to do anything but what I posted above. It is the customers responsibility to get them to E21 as stated in their warranty.

We all know that over half of the broken rods returned to stores was due to misuse. I can say that I have broken 2 rods on hooksets and both were my fault for having braid on a reel with the drag cranked all the way down. Something has to give. The hook, the log, the line or the rod. My bet is always on the rod in this situation.

But I have a partner I saw break two in 1 day and the were both Crispy Sticks.

With these lighter weight high modulous graphite rods you pay the price by the product being more brittle.

Re: Carrot Stix Warranty [Re: Skeeter Jeff 63] #7262824 03/08/12 11:41 PM
C
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Again, I will post the full procedure that must be followed. This from my wholesale dealer that I buy product from.

200 QUEENS QUAY EAST, UNIT 1
TORONTO, M5A 4K9
CANADA
www.E21SPORTS.COM
Carrot Stix TM Lifetime Limited Warranty
Your Carrot StixTM comes with an Original Owner Lifetime Limited Warranty against defects in workmanship or materials. If the rod proves to be defective in the first thirty (30) days of purchase you may bring it back to the place of purchase for an over the counter replacement.
Thirty one (31) days and beyond from the original purchase date, please follow 3 easy steps to obtain your replacement rod:
1. Call the Carrot StixTM
Our Warrantee Representative will be happy to assist you in your warrantee claim. If all our operators are busy, or you call after hours, please, leave your Name and Phone #, and will get back to you as soon as possible. (Warrantee Centre hours 9 am - 5 pm EST) Toll FREE 1-888-400-0321:
2. Get your unique Return Authorization Number:
Once you talk to the Carrot StixTM Warrantee Representative, you will be given a unique Return Authorization Number (RA #) and a shipping address. If you require preferred shipping rates and potential equipment upgrades, please, let our Warrantee Representative know and they will be happy to assist you.
3. Shipping your Carrot StixTM
To claim your warrantee, make sure you include the following: :
A) A $39.95 fee for shipping and handling will apply to all replacement rods that are thirty one (31) days and beyond the original purchase date. Methods of payment accepted are an International Money Order or a valid credit card;
B) A copy of the original receipt;
C) The defective rod.
Void Warranty Claims
Warranty is void if the rod has been altered in any way from its original configuration, including unauthorized repair or damage resulting from misuse, abuse or use of the rod for purposes other than those for which it was intended.
Rod models, shipping, handling and other charges are subject to change without notice.
200 QUEENS QUAY EAST, UNIT 1
TORONTO, M5A 4K9
CANADA
www.E21SPORTS.COM

Re: Carrot Stix Warranty [Re: Coast Tackle Service] #7267511 03/09/12 10:26 PM
T
Thoeft Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
The problem is carrot stix doesn't answer phone or respond to emails so it is impossible to get warranty. Maybe if a few wholesalers or dealers quit carrying their products they would get the message. Send them a message drop them.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide