Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721464 01/30/04 05:13 AM
Zoe B Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Heads Up - there's a Women's Bass Fishing Assn. national touranment coming up Feb 16-20 on the Apalachicola River out of Mexico Beach. FL. That's in the FL panhandle but on the west side. Not a bad drive. It's a Pro-Am format - $300 entry fee for pro side - $150 for non-boaters. 5 fish per day - heavy weight wins a fully rigged Triton Bass Boat with Mercury engine - a $25,000 value - not to mention all the other prizes and places paid.

This event is somewhat a "rally" with women coming from all over and attendance is already nearly double (or more) our last event. If you're fed up with cold, wet winter weather and need to feel the sun on your shoulders and catch some huge spawning bass - this is the event for you. Grab a friend and come on down. Entry deadline is Feb. 9th.

We're also holding a "Fast Track" seminar on how to get sponsors - we want out lady pros to advance as quickly as possible. Womens' pro fishing will never be the same - we are headed up, up, up.

For more information - contact interested@wbfatour.com - or visit the website at www.wbfatour.com - complete info, membership and entry forms are online. or email me at kathy@wbfatour.com. Thanks!

Kathy Magers,
President
Women's Bass Fishing Assn.

Re: Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721465 01/31/04 04:33 AM
Bazztex Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
_Hey Kathy: Welcome Aboard The TFF!!

_Always Good to have a Lady Fishing Pro and Texas Legend in our midst!! We are Honored to have you as a member!!

_Thanks for your efforts to bring Ladies Into the sport of Bass Fishing. Here's to Ya Ladies!!

_Good Luck In Florida and Catch A Big'un Yall!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bazztex<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Re: Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721466 01/31/04 04:35 AM
C
conniek Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Thanks Kathy, great information. You are really getting the women in the spotlight and what an opportunity for gals wanting to fish a circuit. You Gals that read this, take advantage of meeting some great anglers and having fun and try to support WBFA. conniek

Gary Yamamoto pro staff. ask us about our reel maint. video and training school

Re: Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721467 01/31/04 07:19 PM
B
Bass'nAggie Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Hey Kathy

I'm heading out to the WBFA tournament in sunny Florida! Whoop! Again, I'll be fishing as an Amateur. I had so much fun at my First WBFA tourney at the Red River (Alexandria, La)that I can't miss out on this one Everyone made all the first timers feel very welcomed. What an awsome group of ladies! I also made more friends who share the same fishing addiction as I do

So any ladies need help making hotel, flight, and other arrangements- holler at me. I'd be glad to help you.

We need to "rally' up ladies and make our presence known! C'mon TFFer's; you will not be disappointed!

Thanks ladies.
Maggie Robledo

Dallas Bass'n Gals member maggie_r2002@yahoo.com

Women's Bass Fishing Association member www.wbfatour.com

Re: Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721468 02/05/04 12:49 AM
L
LadyRodBuilder Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Hi Maggie....
Just read your message about fishing the WBFA tournament.
Just wanted you to know, that I have donated a custom-made rod, for the amateur/non-boater winner of the tournament.
It is just my small way of supporting women anglers....
Hope you win it !!
Best Wishes to You...
MaryLou (LRB)

Re: Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721469 02/05/04 02:41 AM
Sharon Hill Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Marylou, You're so supportive,
Hey Maggie, what Marylou said, , Sharon

[Linked Image]
Re: Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721470 02/05/04 01:25 PM
L
LadyRodBuilder Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Hi Sharon...
Believe me, it is my pleasure !! I am happy to be in a position, where I can help out.
I know, only too well, what it takes, to fish tournaments !!

MaryLou (LRB)

Re: Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721471 02/06/04 12:52 AM
B
Bass'nAggie Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Hi MaryLou

Thank you so much for donating one of your custom- made rods to an amateur winner. That is so sweet of you! Now that really makes me even more motivated to win!!! LOL!

Don't forget to check us out on the WBFA scorecard Feb. 19-20 on the WFBAtour.com!!!

Thank you

Re: Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721472 02/07/04 06:37 AM
Zoe B Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Thanks for all your kind words - just please pass theword - this ain't your grandma's circuit anymore ---

We are in for some wonderful upgrades and changes - any women out there who can fish - pay that affordable entry fee and come join us in Mexico Beach, FL soon - on the week of Feb. 16-20. Visit www.WBFATOUR.com for info - Thanks again - Kathy

Re: Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721473 02/07/04 06:56 AM
Zoe B Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Mary Lou - Thank you so much for donating the fishing rod for upcoming event - that was very nice of you. By the way, today I had the pleasure of doing a TV inteview from my own office and the host asked about the beautiful photo on my wall - they asked if I had taken it -- I said 'No, no, but a good friend did and sent to me " -- so again, I thank you for that photo. You seem to beleive that it is more blessed to give than to receive.... for sure.. Thank you again- KM

Re: Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721474 02/09/04 10:19 PM
L
lady on the lake Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Kathy I saw you and Judy on TV yesterday. Looking good girl. Loved the show.
Outdoor Trails ladies, check it out. Kathy is one of the host this year.

Re: Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721475 02/11/04 10:16 PM
TBassYates Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Ladies, I hope you realize how great it is for Kathy Magers to be taking over this tournament trail. She is truly a Texas fishing legend and Hall of Famer and noone could do a better job than her for promoting Women's Professional fishing. I once fished team tournaments with the son of Val Poe who is another legend in women's professional fishing and got to get a little insight into her fishing tournaments all over the country. Sugar and Bob Ferris also did a major part in keeping women's pro fishing alive and well for many years.
I had the opportunity to fish with Kathy at a TBBU benefit tournament at White Rock Lake one year and her great personality was matched by her great fishing skill.
My advice to any women out there thinking of getting interested in big time fishing is to do it now while Kathy is in charge because it will only get bigger and better.

[Linked Image]
Re: Come Fish a Women's Bass Tournament #721476 02/12/04 05:09 AM
Zoe B Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Oh my, you are just so full of compliments - and I truly appreciate them all - but I am not quite taking over the women's trail. I am now working with them in capacity of President, yes - but Willie & Carole Cook still own the circuit and Michael Vander Sande, of Indianapolis, IN is our new Interim CEO and does all our marketing. I must give Willie and Carole credit for 7 years of blood, sweat and tears and extreme dedication - and Michael - now brings the word "yes" and "okay" to our facet of the business... if ever I have appreciated anything in my entire career, it is hearing someone say "sure we can do this" and "why not?" Instead of "no, you'll never be able to do that..." He is refreshingly positive.

So, it's a whole new circuit. First event since we all became involved is next week in Mexico Beach, FL. Looks to be a wonderful event - I can hardly wait...... Y'all come! Contact us at (972) 839-2059 KM

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide