Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: La Porte/ League City [Re: mqdo] #6844945 11/15/11 12:23 AM
R
Red Fisherman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
As you head toward the dike, Boyds is before the levee. Get your bait, then head over the levee, the road is the dike. The cost is $5 per car on the weekend, not sure about the weekdays. There are no lights for fishing, but I think there are some lights at the boat ramps. Just drive on down the road until you see a place you feel comfortable fishing. You should fish on the right hand side, heading out from Boyds. The right hand side is like fishing off jetties, while the left hand side is more like a beach.

I'm always catch and release, except for cut bait.
Re: La Porte/ League City [Re: mqdo] #6847191 11/15/11 05:03 PM
R
redmonk Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
Red Fishermen, thanks a lot for your response. Very helpful. by Googling, I find this link:
http://galvestondailynews.com/blog/3886

It seems "They do not charge anything on Monday thorough Thursdays. $5.00 per car on FRIDAYS, SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS for the non-resident."

Not sure if there is any changes now.

Thanks again.

Re: La Porte/ League City [Re: mqdo] #6847293 11/15/11 05:28 PM
R
redmonk Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
Just googled something else about the fee, can someone confirm this? Thanks.
"Q. What is the cost to get onto the dike?
A. During the summer months (first weekend in March to second weekend in October) there is a $5.00 charge per vehicle to enter the dike on weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and on holidays. It is free during the winter months and summer weekdays (Mondays through Thursdays unless they are holidays).

Re: La Porte/ League City [Re: mqdo] #6852411 11/17/11 01:28 AM
W
way2slickrick Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
Actually lately they havent been charging, not sure why, but the last 3 weekends ( on sundays) that I have gone they were not charging. You can fish on both sides, and you basically fish right where you park, I've had better succes fishing close to the 5 mile marker on the right side. I throw surf rods with a 5-8oz spider weight plus my bait as far as I can. Whenever your goin to rebait, make sure as soon as you get your weight to unstick you reel in as fast as you can and do not stop, keep your rod tip high, this will give you a better chance of not gettin stuck and havving to snap your line. Cut fresh dead shad and mullet have been really good baits for bull reds there lately and also live 4-7 mullet. I havent caught any sand trout since I haven't fished for anything there beside bull reds, but there are some gd sand trout and whiting caught there. The south winds however do put a significant dent in your catch ratio there, for me at least, I hardly see anyone catch anything there when the wind is blowing from the south. Also fising off the right side off the rocks is not as bad as it sounds when they say its kind of like fishing from the jetties, fishing from the rocks there is really easy so don't let it bring you down. The only thing I can say is just go and try it out, I will be there on sunday fishing right at the "road ends 100ft" sign, black 4-door chevy on chrome 22's , white pescado nation sticker on the back window.

"Let's go Fishin"
"I'd rather be addicted to fishin than addicted to crack"
^^^Is what I tell my wife.
"Just because you drive your car fast...does'nt meen your car is fast."
Re: La Porte/ League City [Re: mqdo] #6866643 11/21/11 03:47 PM
R
redmonk Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
Thanks a lot. I went there last saturday. Not bad, although got nothing but a founder against the wind. By looking around, it seemed a slow fishing day. I will try my luck later.

Best,

Re: La Porte/ League City [Re: mqdo] #6867220 11/21/11 06:43 PM
W
way2slickrick Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
what were you using for bait? also there are some spots there better for flounder then others. Aslo the bait matters on certain days, some days they like live mud minnows and other days live finger mullet. Try and get a little of both next time you head out there and see what works, if nothing on both then move spots, you'll eventually find your sweet spot out there. This sunday was slow also, i was just fishing for bull reds and tried out some live cracked crab to see if they were any big black drums in there already, but no lock on either species, was a slow day yesterday for sure but... I did see ppl just slaying the flounder left and right.

"Let's go Fishin"
"I'd rather be addicted to fishin than addicted to crack"
^^^Is what I tell my wife.
"Just because you drive your car fast...does'nt meen your car is fast."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide