Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20
Re: 14' Gator [Re: fish fear me] #6336254 06/26/11 02:59 AM
F
Fish ZoMbiE Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
F

This Texas gator measured 13' 10.5" & weighed 880 lbs.
Caught on 14/0 treble hook on a secret raw chicken recipe.
A potential Texas state hook & line record.
These men planned to mount the beast then donate it
to a museum or something for all to see. thumb

Re: 14' Gator [Re: Fish ZoMbiE] #6336262 06/26/11 03:03 AM
F
Fish ZoMbiE Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
F

Heres a picture of a Biggen. one site says it was taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake Conroe in Texas with a whole deer in its mouth! Another says some lake I cant pronounce in Florida. Think of how large it has to be to fit an entire deer in its mouth.

The alligator was found between Athens and Palestine, Texas near a house. How would you like to meet this fella in the dark? Never let it be said that they dont grow them big in Texas. Game wardens were forced to shoot the alligator.

Apparently, the locals could hear the bellowing in the night.

Re: 14' Gator [Re: Fish ZoMbiE] #6336295 06/26/11 03:14 AM
F
Fish ZoMbiE Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
F

BIG AL in Beaumont, TX measures over 13' & weighs close to 1,000 lbs.
Apparently the largest gator in captivity.

In Texas, the highest alligator populations are found along the eastern portion of the Gulf Coast between Houston and Louisiana. However, a good number of alligators can also be found along the coastal prairies down towards Corpus Christi, as well as scattered gators throughout east Texas that are associated with rivers and major creek drainages. Texas Parks and Wildlife Department estimates that over 250,000 wild alligators reside in the state. loco

Re: 14' Gator [Re: Fish ZoMbiE] #6336358 06/26/11 03:38 AM
F
Fish ZoMbiE Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
F

one site says this gator is over 20' & was nabbed in baytown, texas but the trees suggest either lousianna or florida

guys there is no reason to lie.
its a giant gator:~( just tell it like it is.

Re: 14' Gator [Re: Fish ZoMbiE] #6336380 06/26/11 03:53 AM
F
Fish ZoMbiE Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
F
The American Alligator is believed by experts to have
one of the most powerful bites of any animal ever to live.

Re: 14' Gator [Re: Fish ZoMbiE] #6336384 06/26/11 03:53 AM
L
Lusca Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Snopes has that last one as a 13', from Texas, for what it's worth. An impressive gator for sure!

Re: 14' Gator [Re: Fish ZoMbiE] #6336415 06/26/11 04:13 AM
H
hirsch Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I have seen this one credited to Shreveport, LA and to the Florida Everglades also.

Originally Posted By: fiSh ZoMbiE

Heres a picture of a Biggen. one site says it was taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake Conroe in Texas with a whole deer in its mouth! Another says some lake I cant pronounce in Florida. Think of how large it has to be to fit an entire deer in its mouth.

The alligator was found between Athens and Palestine, Texas near a house. How would you like to meet this fella in the dark? Never let it be said that they dont grow them big in Texas. Game wardens were forced to shoot the alligator.

Apparently, the locals could hear the bellowing in the night.

Re: 14' Gator [Re: fish fear me] #6336425 06/26/11 04:17 AM
H
hirsch Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
For all the reasons one man might hunt big deer, elk or sail sailfish and big red fish. Every man has his own reasons and not yours to judge.

Far as I am concerned he set a personal goal and met it, legally until I know otherwise. That is all the justification he needs.

Originally Posted By: fish fear me
What other reason is there?

Re: 14' Gator [Re: Barrblues] #6336437 06/26/11 04:26 AM
H
hirsch Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted By: Barrblues
There have been questions raised by TPWD about the Legality of this Kill.

The state went after the same guide in the press with a lot of hoopla in 2007 when another client killed another gator in the area about the same size. They never could establish the case and dropped it. The Nacogdoches paper reported there was bad blood between the guide and the local warden. Could not just happen to be bad blood left over could it? They have alleged no wrong doing yet.

It seems to be more and more all one has to do to be investigated is to get a big speciman of any game species and have it get publicized. More often than not it seems there is never a case made after the publicity milked.

Re: 14' Gator [Re: Barrblues] #6336458 06/26/11 04:41 AM
R
R E N Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: Barrblues
As no one has any sensible arguments for the actions of this Kill. I am done its been fun.
Scott
This statement right here just proves all he's looking for is an argument, nothing more... troll anymore than we have. I'm done.

Re: 14' Gator [Re: Lusca] #6336494 06/26/11 05:29 AM
F
Fish ZoMbiE Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
F
Eagle mountain, Conroe, Squaw Creek, the Trinity & the Brazos River all hold gators too. I believe the TPWD recently trapped a gator in South Arlington just this Yr.

IMO gators in metro areas SHOULD definitely be relocated for their safety as much as ours. So, when should they be relocated? As soon as they get reported. This is common in places like Louisiana & Florida? Fact is they ARE here & EVERYONE needs to be more educated concerning them. We can teach our families & friends about them by sharing what we know. They can also learn to respect them though us.

If this attorney hunted illegally he & the others should suffer the consequences just like you or i would. i don't know that even a $10,000 fine & confiscation would hurt this attorney. Who knows. They might have been within the law & he could be a cool dude who is just really good at his job.

Folks should be able to see Alligators living in the wild if they want to. Not just in zoos etc. Should this gator have been killed? Maybe not. Who knows? Leave it up to the TPWD for now. E-mail them, call them. Continue to voice your opinions here. We don't know ALL the facts yet & probably never will. IMO, it will be interesting to see this continue to unfold. I want more Gaint Texas Gators! Don't ya'll? But, I don't want them in heavily populated areas or eating my neighbor, his livestock, dog or little one. This record gator was said to of fancied bovine in a rural area. It could have been captured photoed & relocated. It was definitely large enough to more than hurt a full grown big man.

I'm not an expert on this subject but at some point gators should be legal to harvest. like in Florida & Louisiana.
Say a man wonders into Daddy Snaggletooth's love hole in a posted & protected area. Let nature run its course. Post signs: BIG Gators enter at your own risk!!! Thrill seekers, movie makers will come from all over to spend time amongst the living dinosaurs! Could be more revenue for the state of Texas.

Am I done? NO SIR! Just Gettin FIRED UP!

Re: 14' Gator [Re: DinkSlayer817] #6336628 06/26/11 11:36 AM
S
Smithaven Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
It turns out that the gator was not nearly as big as first reported.

The gator was not taking cattle.

The TPWD is investigating the kill. It was possibly in public water.

See this link for the news report.

Shooting the gators and gar in the Trinity is wrong. It takes years for the wildlife to grow. Shooting them for any reason other than food is morally wrong. I do not think wealthy lawyers are shooting wildlife to feed a family. Big gators are too tough and gamy to eat anyway. The ones you eat in restaurants are small and farm raised.

Shooting quail and dove raised on a game farm is pretty contemptible. Build a skeet range if you want to play with shotguns.

In any case the lawyer will probably go free because of his wealth and connections.

[Linked Image].
Seventy five years of chasing the elusive sunfish.
Re: 14' Gator [Re: Smithaven] #6336653 06/26/11 12:20 PM
R
roadtrip Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Who would win between a big pit bull and a small (4-6 ft) gator?

Re: 14' Gator [Re: Smithaven] #6336781 06/26/11 01:35 PM
H
hirsch Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
The gator was big, but not a record despite the news loose use of the word. Calves are cattle and their loss is a loss to a ranchers bottom line.

There are enough conflicting reports no one can say yet whether it was legal or illegal. That is why the state is looking into it, but has made no allegations or filed charges. If it was on the bank it is legal, if in the river illegal. It has been reported both ways. The state is investigating, but last time they investigated this guide they found no wrong doing.

The state has decided numbers of gators need controls so have set hunting seasons and regulations. Despite your assertations the lawyer just might "escape' because everything he did was legal and above board. Wow, what a concept.

I hope you never find yourself the target of a public smear campaign for something you've done that may well be legal and to which no one at that point has no real evidence to the contrary.

Originally Posted By: Smithaven
It turns out that the gator was not nearly as big as first reported.

The gator was not taking cattle.

The TPWD is investigating the kill. It was possibly in public water.

See this link for the news report.

Shooting the gators and gar in the Trinity is wrong. It takes years for the wildlife to grow. Shooting them for any reason other than food is morally wrong. I do not think wealthy lawyers are shooting wildlife to feed a family. Big gators are too tough and gamy to eat anyway. The ones you eat in restaurants are small and farm raised.

Shooting quail and dove raised on a game farm is pretty contemptible. Build a skeet range if you want to play with shotguns.

In any case the lawyer will probably go free because of his wealth and connections.

Re: 14' Gator [Re: hirsch] #6336973 06/26/11 02:48 PM
R
R E N Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I'm enjoying reading other people's point of views & opinions. I now know it's legal if the kill was on land & illegal if it was in public waters. What I don't enjoy reading is someone saying other people's point of views & opinions are "ignorant". I'm referring to Barrblues when I say this. It is possible to have a discussion/debate about a topic without throwing insults.

Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide