texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,746
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621431 12/18/02 03:24 PM
J
jgivens Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
I have a question for the people that went on the first Tuna trip. From your experience what gear would be a good idea to bring on our next Tuna trip? Once I get some feedback I can provide a check list for everyone to use.

- Ice Chest (up to 48qt max)
- clothes
- rain suit
- etc..

Jim..

Jim..
Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621432 12/18/02 11:20 PM
TOO Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
to answer, yes, yes, yes, and yes. Pillow and blanket. Seasickness meds. Food-24 hour trip. Toiletries. Shoes and socks, suggest 3 pairs. suggest a book for reading. Other suggestions?

Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621433 12/19/02 01:21 AM
Bazztex Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
_Hey TOO: Here's A Comprehensive "Tuna Masters" Check List For TUNA TRIP II Yall!

_1. 12 Links Deer Sausages
_2. 2 Large Boxes Saltine Crackers
_3. 2 Cases Of Sprite
_4. 2 doz Limes
_5. 2 1/2 Gal Bottles Of Jose Cuevrvo 1800
_6. 1/2 pound Corse Ground Salt
_7. 48 4oz Dixie Shot Cups
_8. 10 Large "Bungee Cords"...(To Hold You Up On The Rail For Fishing After The Cuervo Shots)
_9. Select Havana Cigars To Cellebrate The Many Big Yellow Fins We Will Catch!
_10. 4 Extra Hats So You Wont Get Sunburned Fore Heads When The First 2 Blow Overboard!
_11. Extra Shorts Or Pants In Case A Marlin Rips Your Originals To Shreads!
_12. Rain Gear To Ward Off The Salt Spray... That Soaks Every Thing!
_13. Fighting Belts With Extra Padding (I will fix them Yall!)
_14. 2 Extra 102 Qt Coolers To Haul Your Catch Home In
_15. Extra Money For The Crew Tip and Fish Cleaning
_16. Texas Map In Case Your Work Buddy Gives You Hand Written Directions To The Exact Middle Of "NO WHERE" Like One Of Mine Did??

_That Should...just about cover it! See All Yall There!!!

TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tunatex<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621434 12/19/02 02:31 AM
S
scole Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Don't forget the icy-hot for the sore muscles after the trip.

------------------
www.texasstriper.com

Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621435 12/19/02 03:23 AM
T
Txbiker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Shoulder mounted winch To help get your butt off the boat the next day .

Russell

Tuna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
If you don't like they way I'm livin, just leave this long-haired country boy alone

The ability to ride off into the sunset is courage measured in seconds
Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621436 12/19/02 04:36 AM
TOO Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Bazz,ROTFLMAO!!!! You too, scole,Txbiker, we're going to need both that's for sure!

Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621437 12/19/02 05:58 AM
L
Lady_Red Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
How 'bout a water-proof bag/backpack?! Also extra shoes and socks is a good idea. Gallon size Zip-Loc bags come in REALLY handy.

And next time I'm wearing a scopolamine patch! lol Forget the pills.

Lady_Red

"You might think I'm trashy, a little too hardcore, but in my neck of the woods I'm just the girl next door." Redneck Woman(Gretchen Wilson)
Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621438 12/19/02 02:32 PM
David Lee Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Hey Bazz I can bring a mixer and we can just have some Margaritas while we fish. Of course then I do not think the dramamine pills would do any good. That would not be a fun trip.

------------------
David

Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants
Yes I did admit defeat. Good job back to back champion
Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621439 12/19/02 03:47 PM
M
mstewart Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
A quality pair of pants/shorts .

Thanks BazzTex, I had hope that everyone would have forgot about me being only 1/2 dressed. A fighting belt will help prevent this. A very long shirt, down to your hips (preferably knees) would have also been nice.

I am glad that I'm the only one that brought a Cam-corder on board .

I recommend bringing a very sturdy (spool at least 50lb line) Spinning Reel outfit. While floating your bait in the chum line, it is easier to release line compared to those "BaitCast" style reels. I think it is also much easier to cast a baited hook without any weight (so it floats along with the chum).

Oh, yes, one more thing!!!...SPEND THE MONEY AND GET A GOOD STRONG FLUOROCARBON LEADER (I am thinking 100#) !!! You just never know when you are going to have the opportunity to fight something BIG that can easily cut 50lb Mono. Learn to tie a Bimini-Twist/ Boca-Grande (I think that is correct) knot. Tie your line to the bumper of your car, a large dog may also work, and practice pulling your car up the driveway while wearing roller skates. Not that this is necessary for catching fish on this large boat, but it will test your knots (and give the neighbors a good laugh for the holidays .

I was also thinking about several cases of Beer. NOT to Consume, but to trade for bait. But the Crew will probably already have this covered.

Merry X-MAS

Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621440 12/19/02 06:18 PM
R
rogc Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Are rods and reels provided?

Also Im not sure which items to bring and which ones you guys are joking about.

thanks,
Rog

Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621441 12/19/02 08:34 PM
TOO Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Uhhhh...I didn't see any jokes on this thread. Rods and reels are provided.

Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621442 12/19/02 09:52 PM
M
mstewart Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Rogc,

I agree with TOO, what are you considering a joke?

If you go, you will have a great time, with some of the greatest group of people that you will find in Texas. I was on the last Tuna Trip, and I had a great time. Meeting other members of the TFF, and you will build very rewarding friendships. You will not be going with strangers, most of them you will have already met right here on this forum. I have been on several similar party boat trips in Florida, where people don't even care to talk to you. I am still looking into going, but I may have to be in New York (I HATE NEW YORK!!) to conduct training during that time period ( I will not know for certain until the middle of January).

I do know that the crew will try everything in their power to make certain you get fish. I believe there were about 100 rods on the boat (if not more). Imediately after we left an area where we were bottom fishing in several hundren feet of water, the crew collected all the rods, and started setting up different rods and rigs for a different style of fishing.

If you have never been off-shore Saltwater fishing, this is the group to go with, they will look after you. Even if you have, a 24hour may be a completely different experience.

Some of us like the idea of using our own rods and rigs. Allows us to believe that we know what we are doing. In fishing, a big part of the game is confidence.

On the last Tuna Trip the Captain stayed out there over an hour later than we had expected, to try and catch more fish on the way back. We were out before Sun-up till after Sun-Down (I have both events on video).

I had a great time, the only thing that could have made it better was to have caught "1 more fish", and everyone on the boat know which fish I'm talking about.

Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621443 12/20/02 03:26 AM
R
rogc Offline
Angler
Angler
R
My mistake then... I just wanted to make sure I was reading correctly into what you guys were saying.

rog

Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621444 12/20/02 05:22 AM
TOO Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Rogc, seriously, all but the liquid refreshments that Bazz listed and the Havanas' are good things to bring with you to Port Aransas. Whether you use all of them depends on the conditions. And the refreshments are up to the everyones own ideas. I'll bring as much of #1 that I can, and will also have most of the rest. Might add gloves to the list....... and if we can't find a shoulder winch to haul us off the boat , I'm sure we can hire someone to carry us off. Tuna will do that to you.......it's not a drinking party, but if you pay your way you can do what you want just be respectful of the others. The first group was hardcore fishers, specially those 4 tough ladies. To go for 24 hours it is for fishing, fishing ,fishing....to each his own though on what to bring.....as Mstewart said we had a great group and we'll have a great group on this trip too. Again, Bazztex and Txbiker are worth the price just to be there. Watch out for scole, he had the hot hand last trip and probably will again. BassnAggie, we're gunning for you, read one of my pre-11-9 tuna posts, I said a lady would probably win the pot. We'll have a couple of fish pots for sure. It's going to be a great trip thats's for sure.

Re: Tuna Trip II Gear Needed #621445 12/20/02 05:42 AM
Bazztex Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
_Hey Rog C: The Cuervo and drink set up accompniments were a joke of course.

_I would'nt recomend drinking and TUNA FISHING!...but to each there own! A Quality Margarita and Fine Imported Cigar on the way in would be a nice finisher to a Fun Trip though....dont you think??

_We are all about the Fun and Fellowship on our TFF Tuna Trips! We all bonded the last time out and we will this time too! We joke because we are serious about fishing but we dont take ourselves too seriously. I just wanted to lighten things up and have a few laughs with some old friends. I did'nt mean for anyone to take it to heart.

_You will meet some truely Great People on the trip that Love Fishing..espescially Tuna and Amber Jacks...right gang!!! Oh and I hope M Stewert gets that Marlin this time...it's become an obsession like "Moby Dick" for him I think??? Hey and Maybe he can hook it's Momma this time for a real thrill??? You never know what awaits your bait in the Deep Blue Yonder Yall????

_I've had my line ALL run off the spool and Broken more times than I can count! Comes with the territory out there!! You'll win some battles and loose some with all fishing...the Real Fun is being there! I had as good a time helping people land fish as I did getting my own in! Including the Winning Tuna Bass'n Aggie Got!!

_We Are One Big TFF Tuna Family Now! To be a TFF Tuna Family Member..just sign up for the trip!

TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA TUNA !!!!!!!!!!!

_Merry Christmas and A Great Fishing New Year Yall!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bazztex<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide