Forums59
Topics1,038,973
Posts13,956,732
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: Lil' Louie] #6168224 05/10/11 08:27 PM
Chet Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie
you guys that are taking offense to people being afraid to go down there cause of the news should be happy! Less folks on the water!!! (not that theres a lot anyways) I know I can't wait to go back.... No matter who's gettin killed down there.. Ain't got nuttin to do with seperatin men from boys.... its bout to catchin big bass or just plain ole lots of bass!! I've always preferred catchin vs fishin and you can sure catch em down there!! Heck I hope the violence gets worse!! Only thing I care about is how hard the wind's gonna be blowin.... thats the only thing that almost killed us last month!

And for the guys that don't want to risk it thats just fine.... Guys with families shouldn't have to worry about not coming home to em just to go on a fishing trip... But really.... Theres Border PAtrol everywhere on the Texas side. We had one watchin us fish our secret lil point everytime we showed up

The bad thing is it's hurting Zapata and the folks who make our trips easier. Maybe things will quite down now that the Mexican navy is running the bad guys off the mexican side.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: BC Cougar] #6168229 05/10/11 08:28 PM
J
JPost Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
For those who want a little more info about Mexico. I'm no expert but I've been down there a bunch and have looked at maps. In the past, every problem that's occurred (jet skier shooting, and 2 fisherman robbed) have been at the far north end of the lake in and around the Salado.

This latest incident (by the way appears to be totally a Mexican law enforcement effort with no US fisherman involved) occurred on the exact opposite of the Salado at the south end of the lake. Looking at maps, I don't think there is any significant population of people anywhere in the middle of the lake.

So my theory is if you want to play it as safe as can be and still fish Mexico, stay in the middle of the lake between Coyote and Diablo. And no doubt, check with competent locals before any trip -- Falcon Lake Tackle is a trusted source for objective and up to date information.

Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: Jay Kendrick] #6168277 05/10/11 08:38 PM
M
mobydink Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Originally Posted By: JayKendrick
Absolutly 100%. If anything the Mexican side is now becoming safer to fish because of the Mexican military stepping in. Like I said, If you're scared go to church.

Are you implying that church is where scardy cats should be. If so, you really reveal your ignorance by using your keyboard to open your mouth.

Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: JPost] #6168289 05/10/11 08:41 PM
C
Cloud Dancer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I look like those guys, and I shore don't want to be mistaken for one of the bad guys.
However, I'm still planning to go fish Falcon USA, but I have to incorporate it into my trip to Nuevo Progresso. The Mexican Navy is doing a good job of keeping that town safe. It's where the Snowbirds/Winter Texans go for their dental work and vision problems. I figure I'll save enough money on implants that I will have enough left over to buy diesel for my motorhome.

Need to improve my LMB fishing, running out of time.
Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: mobydink] #6168318 05/10/11 08:45 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: mobydink
Absolutly 100%. If anything the Mexican side is now becoming safer to fish because of the Mexican military stepping in. Like I said, If you're scared go to church.

Are you implying that church is where scardy cats should be. If so, you really reveal your ignorance by using your keyboard to open your mouth.
'

a 123 post count is supposed to be able to talke to a 5700 post count like that... rolfmao

In all respect sir, Jay isn't ignorant. I believe you have assumed thats what he was trying to say.

Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: Jay Kendrick] #6168332 05/10/11 08:48 PM
W
WalksOnWater Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W

Seriously? Is there not a minimum age limit on this forum?

"Fear not for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God, I will give you strength." Isah. 41:10
Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: Cloud Dancer] #6168343 05/10/11 08:50 PM
South TX Legend Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I have a question

If it only takes killing 13 cartel members to make all of falcon that much safer then how come the drug violence is still raging.

For those of you who think the Zetas will not replace a pildly 13 people your insane or just don't think rationally.

Heck if only 13 made Falcon an unsafe place to begin with then how many make all of Mexico unsafe 35. Shouldn't be hard to kill of 35 people then all of Mexico would be well and good for everyone to start going back across the border right?

Legend Boats
Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: South TX Legend] #6168607 05/10/11 09:48 PM
Chet Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: South TX Legend
I have a question

If it only takes killing 13 cartel members to make all of falcon that much safer then how come the drug violence is still raging.

For those of you who think the Zetas will not replace a pildly 13 people your insane or just don't think rationally.

Heck if only 13 made Falcon an unsafe place to begin with then how many make all of Mexico unsafe 35. Shouldn't be hard to kill of 35 people then all of Mexico would be well and good for everyone to start going back across the border right?

I'm sure no one thinks that 13 folks dead makes the lake safe but the fact that the Mexican navy is now working the mexican side of the lake is going to clean it up a bunch. And by the way I've been called a lot of things but never insane, but thanks anyway......and just as a point of interest I've been down there 4 times now and if you've been there you know that the lake shore line for the most part is flat enough for you to be able to see several hundred yards, so If you watch out at all you can see anything on shore that might make you nervous. Staying away from the backs of coves and up the creeks and rivers on the mexican side will keep you very safe. You can be foolish in Dallas and get in trouble.

Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: Jeezy] #6168652 05/10/11 09:59 PM
M
meallenjr Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Originally Posted By: chscjo84
Also, most people say that if your boat will do 70 you can outrun anything from the Mexican side. But what if your boat will only do 50? 30? I don't mean for this to become asinine, but there are alot of people, including myself, who have never been and desperately want info.

I don't know of any boat that can out run a bullet from an automatic weapon

Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: Chet] #6168669 05/10/11 10:00 PM
F
fish fear me Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
I understand the Gulf Cartel was in charge of that area until then Zetas took it over last year. I wonder if things will change now.

Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: Jay Kendrick] #6168675 05/10/11 10:01 PM
W
WTXHooker Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Someone needs to make a poll asking how many people who are scared to go to the mexican side actually fish the lake and how many just watch the news.

Mostly news

Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: Barrett] #6168713 05/10/11 10:10 PM
J
Jaredk Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Baylorbassguy
a 123 post count is supposed to be able to talke to a 5700 post count like that... rolfmao

Are you serious? Nobody told me there was a rank system for "internet cred" built on post count. Does this factor in a person's status as a lever 7 dungeon master?.....nerds

Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: Jeezy] #6168733 05/10/11 10:16 PM
Lure_Chunker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I voted "no" because I have always found the fishing on the Texas side to be excellent. The recent events did not change how I voted. I know I can enjoy all of the wonderful things Falcon has to offer on the Texas side and still feel 100% safe. My personal decision is not to venture to the Mexican side while I respect anyone who does want to fish over there. I was on the lake the day after the Hartley incident when the heavily armed game wardens stopped me. I asked them very directly if I should have any concerns over fishing the Texas side. They said I should be absolutely fine. I believe them. Therefore I continue to fish Falcon in the manner that I enjoy and that I feel safe. I've been there 6 times in the last 7 months and have another trip planned for June. Can't wait!

Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: StumpJumper1] #6168740 05/10/11 10:17 PM
Lake Fork Guide Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: StumpJumper1
you guys go ahead and stay away from the mexican side, there's no good fishing over there anyways....

+1

Re: New Poll: Would you still fish the Mexican side of Falcon in light of yesterday's events? [Re: Jay Kendrick] #6168878 05/10/11 10:52 PM
E
EvanVidal Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
Sorry I'm not bringing a literal sense to "Die-Hard Fisherman"

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide