Ok so - the permit is in the works and the format is being worked out. It looks like we are going to allow anglers a little more time on the water by weighing in less often. Right now - weigh-ins will be at 9:00am - 11:00 am - 1:00pm and 3:00 pm. Each weigh-in will payout 1st BB ($300.00) 2nd BB ($200.00) 3rd BB ($100.00). Overall payout will pay 1st thru 5th based on 100 entries with an additional place paid for every 10 entries over 100. If the format changes - the changes will be posted on this forum! 2010 Bass Roundup Official RulesRegistration:
1. Entry forms may be mailed but must be postmarked no later than November 14 2005.
2. Entries may be made at Fish Finderís Marine and Tightlines Tackle by end of business day November 19, 2010.
3. Late entries will be accepted at Walsh Landing, 360, City Park, and Quinlan Park between 5am-6am on November 21 2010. A $10.00 late registration fee will be added to all persons registering on the morning of the tournament.Eligibility:
1. All State, Federal and Local laws must be obeyed, or contestants will be disqualified.
2. Each person in the boat must be a paid contestant of official tournament and abide by all tournament rules and regulations.
3. All bass caught by contestants fishing together will be disqualified if any of the said contestants are found to be in violation of any tournament rules and regulations or display unsportsmanlike conduct.
1. Each contestant is required to wear a Coast Guard approved life preserver any time the boat is on plane.
2. The kill switch must be attached to boat operator while operating the main engine. The kill switch must operate properly.
Fishing Areas & Hours:
1. Contestants may launch after 5:00am at any ramp, but first cast will be at 6:00am. Official time will be synchronized with KVET 98.1 FM.
2. No fishing within 50 yards of weigh in site.
3. No fishing within 50 feet of another contestantís anchored or tied boat with its trolling motor in the stored position, or within 25 feet of another contestantís non-anchored boat unless permission is given by the competitor.
Tackle & Equipment:
1. Only artificial lures may be used, the only exception is pork rinds. Only one rod may be used at a time, each cast must be completed before another is made. No trolling with the main engine.
Weigh In & Conservation:
1. All protests must be made in writing within ten minutes after the scales close and must include the TX numbers of the offenders. All contestants are subject to a polygraph test. Failure to submit and/or clear test will result in disqualification.
2. Contestants will abstain from consuming alcoholic beverages until after tournament hours, and polygraph tests are complete.
3. All bass weighed in become the property of Big Sandy Creek Bass Club for the purpose of release.
4. In the case of a tie the money for the two places will be pooled and split between the contestants.
5. Contestants must fish out of a boat with an adequate live-well system. No iced, pale-gilled, or dead fish will be weighed.
6. All bass brought to weigh in station must be in weigh in bag with water.
7. Each contestant may weigh in one bass per tournament period. Fishing periods run from the start of the tournament to 9:00AM, 9:00-11:00AM, 11:00-1:00PM, 1:00PM-3:00PM. Only one bass per weigh in bag is allowed. Bass entered in the Big Bass of the Hour contest do not carry forward from hour to hour. Your biggest bass is registered into the final overall standings.
8. Bass must be weighed in by the contestant who originally caught the bass and it must be in said contestantís physical possession in the weigh in line.
9. Only largemouth, smallmouth, and spotted bass will be weighed. Each bass must be a minimum length of 14 inches, measured on a flat board, mouth closed, and tail compressed.
10. No contestant may have more than three bass in possession at any time during official tournament hours.Entry forms will be posted on the Big Sandy Creek Bass Club web-site starting in October.
Help us spread the word !!!