Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513617 06/12/06 12:24 AM
I
I GOT ONE, Get the net Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
I
Guys dont forget what is in store for the long run, this is for our children and there childern. I just think that we need to open our eyes and make this lake the best in the region and make it world class. I want this to work and think there are many more more people out there that want it to work also.

Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513618 06/12/06 01:19 AM
Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
IGOGTN, Do you understand sandbass limits, They have to be 10 inches to keep. You are allowed 25 per person.Your idea of a slot of 8 inches to 20 inches means you can only keep sandbass UNDER 8 Inches or over 20 inches. Now, You would never catch 5 sandbass over 20 inches in your life on Lewisville or any other lake around this area.And who in the heck would want to keep an 8 inch sandbass to clean. You would be better off perch jerking laugh They breed like wild flowers, not like trophy bass. Now Hybrids can only be kept if they are 18 inches our bigger and you are only allowed 5 per person per day. So what you are stating is that we keep Hybrids that are 8 inches? The reason why their are so many small hybrids is because TPW stockes them. They DO NOT reproduce on their own, they are test tube babies laugh They have been stocking Lewisville like crazy the last few years. They are a put and take fish , That is what we pay for when we buy our fishing License. I think you got into a school of small fish. It happens. I fish Lewisville with Don The Angler quit a bit and we catch nice fish. I think I remember you said you have not been here very long in Texas, give it a little bit before you want to change all the laws because you where not satisfied with your trip. I think TPW knows a little more about how to manage our fish then you do. Sandbass do not grow to be 10 pounds. The average fish is 10-16 inches. I am done....

Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513619 06/12/06 01:44 AM
Steve Pine Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
rolfmao

steve pine
Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513620 06/12/06 04:32 AM
O
oFishalBusiness Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
O
IGOGTN,

I see that your profile says you are an educator. For yourself, and "for the kids", I suggest you invest in a guide on LL for proper education on sandies/hybrid.

By the way, what do you teach, and what school?

--oFishal

Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513621 06/12/06 05:14 AM
Steve Bradbury Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Quote:
Originally posted by I GOT ONE, Get the net:
Guys dont forget what is in store for the long run, this is for our children and there childern. I just think that we need to open our eyes and make this lake the best in the region and make it world class. I want this to work and think there are many more more people out there that want it to work also.
Huh?

Do you know how fast sandbass multiply...do you know how fast the grow? 10 inches first year...legal fish..Do you know the mortality of how long they will live? They are not orange ruffy's. If all you caught were small fish....how does throwing the blanket over it help? Oh, nothing in there but small fish....needs managment...Sir, you were catching this years fish, move, find more fish, hire a guide, try something else. There are bigger fish in the sea.....to coin a phrase.

Looking to buy or sell Real Estate anywhere? Let me know and I can help. Email me at steven.bradbury@cbdfw.com
Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513622 06/12/06 05:18 AM
Steve Bradbury Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Quote:
Originally posted by I GOT ONE, Get the net:
What Im trying to do is get a slot on LL so that we can grow much larger fish. I took my son out there the other evening and all we caught were 5 and 6 inch fish. The lake could be a world class lake. It just needs our help. Just think about your kids and there future.
Then Don The Angler does some photoshop on the fish he catches...LOL laugh Hire him and get off the creel of this years spawn.

Were you catching them in a throw net? LOL...They have to eat to get bigger, but if you have a motor and a graph...I would suggest using both in tandem to find other fish...

I voted in the poll.....it is the one with the highest number of votes...LOL

Looking to buy or sell Real Estate anywhere? Let me know and I can help. Email me at steven.bradbury@cbdfw.com
Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513623 06/12/06 09:01 AM
F
flee fly Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
last year we had a sand bass tourney(boston bobs)and we all got a first hand look on how well this lake is doing on the size of our fish. combine those fish and the "dinks" you have a good base. john varner did an excellent job in his message explaining on how this fish differs from other fish.

byron
Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513624 06/12/06 11:36 AM
B
BOSTON BOB Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
I asked where this debate went as a joke!!! laugh I'm calling hoax. This guy can't possibly be serious!!! Not if he's got any knowledge of sandbass and hybrids. And especially after ONE trip to the lake. If he is an educator, he ought to have more sense than that. I think he's yanking our chains. He needs to come to a tournament where 30+ boats weigh ten fish each, with several HOGS mixed in the bunch. The last tournament, I don't think anyone weighed under 12" fish (except for one guy, but he was fishing mostly at Sneaky Pete's). I wonder if this is one of the guys that likes to terrorize the OFF TOPIC section of the TFF? Now under a new name?
popcorn popcorn popcorn

Bob

Bob
Sand Bassin' Guide Service
www.sandbassguide.com
www.flies-by-night.com
Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513625 06/12/06 12:27 PM
BigDad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I was out yesterday afternoon and got in to the small fish. We then relocated and found larger ones. I can see where an inexperienced angler may think that all the sandies in LL are undersized after one trip catching small fish. This guy is trying to apply LMB logic to fish that are in no way similar to LMB. I want to catch some of those 20 + inch sandies. I bet they'd weigh well over 3 pounds, we'd have a lake full of state records. rolfmao

Joe
Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513626 06/12/06 01:18 PM
I
I GOT ONE, Get the net Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
I
This is not a joke nor do I like people saying that it is.This lake is in big trouble and needs our help, we can make it a much better lake and we need to do it. Guys lets go.

And Boston Bob this is my one and only name and dont feel a need to change it every 5 mins to try and play jokes.

Guys like I said in the previous topic I have been fishing form the time I was 3 and still fish once a week today. I consider myself to be more than a novice and I understand your points, but we need to think of our kids.

Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513627 06/12/06 01:51 PM
G
gottabefishn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
"Guys like I said in the previous topic I have been fishing form the time I was 3 and still fish once a week today. I consider myself to be more than a novice and I understand your points, but we need to think of our kids. [/QB][/QUOTE]"
Think of our kids if you keep every 8" sandbass or hybrid...There would be no fish left to worry about.Your slot limit makes no scense at all!!
Why in the world would you think keeping any 8" fish would be productive??? who_knows
Why do you think LL or any other N Texas lake is in ANY trouble? who_knows
We fished LL yesterday and caught over 100 and yes some were small but there were lots of 1.5# sandies and 2 hybrids over 19"... I don't think this lake is in any trouble now or will be in the future. ( Unless the people keeping undersized fished continue to do so - but that's another topic!

Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513628 06/12/06 01:56 PM
O
oFishalBusiness Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
O
I too vote hoax. He's a joker; pulling our chains. barf

Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513629 06/12/06 02:04 PM
BigDad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I agree, there's no way he could be serious after JV explained he situation so eloquently. who_knows

Joe
Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513630 06/12/06 02:10 PM
B
BOSTON BOB Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
I have an idea. We get the TPWD to outlaw fishing on Lewisville for two years. In that time, we start dumping steroids into the water, thus creating a super-strain of sandbass. We'll call them supersandies. Just think, sandbass that weigh over 8 lbs!!! We'll set new world records. We'll call the project "Juicin' the Sandies". What does everyone think??

Bob

Bob
Sand Bassin' Guide Service
www.sandbassguide.com
www.flies-by-night.com
Re: What happened to the slot limit debate!! #513631 06/12/06 03:07 PM
B
BobC Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Yea, BB!! The problem is: if someone caught a state record, there would have to be an asterisk beside their name!!

A slot limit on sandies is ridiculous! realmad

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide