Print Thread
Whitney TSA / NSBA Results. You heard it here first. #503560 01/05/03 12:27 AM
M
mwacosta Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
M
It proved to be a tough day on the lake with very few fish caught. Remember this is a big fish event and you can only bring one fish to the weigh-in. Team Family Affair won the event with their only fish of the day (8.3 lbs). Team Unfair Advantage (yours truly) boated 6 fish to 5.96 lbs. The 5.96 lb fish was good for second. Team Redfin caught a 5.44 lb fish for 3rd. Youth winner was Kyle Acosta with a 5.66 lb fish. I will edit the post with the other boys name (I forgot it)as I do not have the results paper with me.

This first photo is Team Family Affair. Rany Wood in center is the captain. On Left is James Rawls and on right is Frank Baker. The second photo is Team Unfair Advantage with Captain Michael Acosta in center, Darrell Holmes to the left and Kyle on the right. The third photo is Team Redfin with the Captain Jim Wetzell on right and John Varner on Left. The last photo is the youth winners.

Michael Acosta
Unfair Advantage Charters
254-396-4855
michael.acosta@att.net
www.unfairadvantagecharters.com
Re: Whitney TSA / NSBA Results. You heard it here first. #503561 01/05/03 12:44 AM
Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Thanks to the TSA for the event and to the captain Jim Redfin. Mike is right by saying the fishing was tough, It will let you remember why they call it fishing and not catching. It was fun meeting some new faces and seeing some old. I really liked this tourney because of the 1 fish weight in, it truly give anybody a chance to win.If anybody else would like to fish these tourneys I would recomend it....thanks guys...

[This message has been edited by john varner (edited 01-04-2003).]

Re: Whitney TSA / NSBA Results. You heard it here first. #503562 01/05/03 02:01 AM
J
jd bost Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Looks like ya'll had a good turn out. I was on the lake and saw several of you guys but I was in a friends boat so everyone just thought I was a overly friendly stranger. I recognized Redfin and Varner, Stripermagic and Skip, and looked for Mike A and Darrell H. but never saw them. After this weekend my rig shoud be sea worthy again and I will be back on the water doing what I do best, hung up, high centered, blowed up in the weeds or taking on water, you gotta love it. Anyway congrat's to the winners and hope to join ya'll next time.

JD

Re: Whitney TSA / NSBA Results. You heard it here first. #503563 01/05/03 10:38 AM
S
stripermagic Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
JD
That was Steve with me. Skip was tearing up the small mouths on Belton. It was a slow day of fishing. We didnt leave Waco till after 9:00. (I had a test to take) You couldn't have ask for better weather to just be on the lake.
Thanks for the pictures Mike. Wish we could have been there for the start.

Re: Whitney TSA / NSBA Results. You heard it here first. #503564 01/05/03 12:26 PM
redfinŽ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
It was indeed a beautiful day to be fishing anywhere yesterday. This was a fun event and lots of boats on the water. Learned some new water fishing out of John's boat and met one particularly interesting young man who provided us with untold riches about the crappie and white bass fishing in the area we were at.

Many thanks to Mike Acosta, Faron Tankersley, and Steve Cole of the Texas Striper Association for putting on the Whitney event.

A reminder to you all about the next event on Lake Texoma on February 1st. More information as to the headquarters location will be announced later.

I know more old alcoholics than I know old doctors - Me.
"If you think women are the weaker sex, try pulling the blankets back over on your side."
Re: Whitney TSA / NSBA Results. You heard it here first. #503565 01/05/03 04:49 PM
redfinŽ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I might add the following benefits for being a member of TSA (Texas Striper Assoc.) and NSBA (National Striped Bass Assoc.):

Randy Wood, who is not only a TSA and NSBA member, also was a member of the Striper Hotline. Not only did he get a TSA paycheck of $220+ for his first place fish from TSA and tournament trail points for both the TSA and NSBA, but he got another $250 for having had the biggest fish in a NSBA sanctioned tournament from the Striper Hotline. Had his team members both been NSBA members, they would have received $500 (double reward bucks) from the Striper Hotline.

All of this for a 1-fish weigh-in. I'm here to tell you that you won't beat those odds putting money down every week on the Texas lotto...

Randy did all the right things and it paid off for him and his team. If that doesn't build a fire under your backside, nothing will...

Congratulations again, Randy, James, and Frank!

PS --- I just joined the Striper Hotline! For $10, I can't go wrong in a NSBA sanctioned tournament through the TSA 1-fish weigh-in!

[This message has been edited by redfin (edited 01-05-2003).]

"If you think women are the weaker sex, try pulling the blankets back over on your side."
Re: Whitney TSA / NSBA Results. You heard it here first. #503566 01/06/03 03:02 AM
T
Texasmama Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Wow!!
Looks like fun was had by all. I think I shall look into getting a team together for next year for this event. I love to see the kids out with the parents and adults as they pass down their love for fishing.
Also...an all ladies team would look very nice in the top three....Mmmmmm....I shall have to look, plot and plan!!
Congrats to all who were there and thanks for the post and pics..wow!!!

Texasmama

Re: Whitney TSA / NSBA Results. You heard it here first. #503567 01/06/03 10:54 AM
redfinŽ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Texasmama -

Why wait until next year? The March 1st TSA tournament is scheduled for Lake Buchanan. That should be time enough for you to get a ladies team together. The Texoma tournament is only a month away. Start talking it up with the other ladies on the forum and give it a go.

Meanwhile, here's the Texas Striper Assoc. website for you to check out and get a form to join.
www.texasstriper.com

Also, here's the national striped bass site: www.fishnsba.com

[This message has been edited by redfin (edited 01-06-2003).]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide