Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: Creed] #4980225 06/15/10 05:03 PM
B
Bayou Burner Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Man what a bunch of rude,smart alec TEXANS

Last edited by Dogrockit; 06/15/10 05:05 PM.

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

John Wayne

ADHAERO VIRTUTI
Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: Bayou Burner] #4980265 06/15/10 05:12 PM
R
rbentonrussell Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
So yall ridiculled him for not being a md, but now yall are acting as an md saying what she has or doesnt have. Answer the mans question and question only dont sit there and be [censored] to him.

Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: rbentonrussell] #4981515 06/15/10 10:04 PM
L
LandPirate Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
I don't think anyone is ridiculing anyone. Vibrio is no joke and unfortunately a lot of people are unaware of it. It thrives in our warm coastal waters. Any small scratch or should be taken seriously. Waiting, even overnight, could mean the difference between keeping a limb or not or keeping one's life or not.

If you've been in saltwater with an open wound or received a wound of any kind while in the water you need to go see a doc and not risk it.

There are lots of folks every year that can attest to this.

I always keep a gallon of bleach and a large bottle of hydrogen peroxide on the the boat to thoroughly flush any wounds that may occur or be exposed to saltwater.

Last edited by LandPirate; 06/15/10 10:06 PM.

Mike
Buda/Port Aransas, TX
Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: rbentonrussell] #4981543 06/15/10 10:11 PM
J
JustJ Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted By: rbentonrussell
So yall ridiculled him for not being a md, but now yall are acting as an md saying what she has or doesnt have. Answer the mans question and question only dont sit there and be [censored] to him.

well then why didnt you answer his question?

how the Hell would we (collectively speaking the forum we) or anyone know what punctured his kid without an exam or at least good close up pictures of the wound?

nail?

rebar?

stingaree?

swordfish?

seems to me the consensus of the replies is she needs real medical attention not silly Internet speculation and chit chat... hopefully he decided to do just that

ps: this forum is very helpful for information about fishing locations, techniques and stuff like that there, but its pretty weak with regard to medical diagnosis of a wound with no real context or actual pictures

I fish because the voices tell me to...
Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: rbentonrussell] #4981579 06/15/10 10:18 PM
S
spiny norman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: rbentonrussell

I have yet to read where anyone here said she did or did not have vibrio or anything else other then the father saying she has a nasty infection from a wound recieved in saltwater.
No one is being an #$%^%$ to him but we are trying very much to get him to see the VERY REAL AND VERY SERIOUS NATURE OF THIS INJURY! This bacteria is not some obscure disease you get from the jungles of Borneo. People get it on the Texas gulf every year and every year they die from it. Not a nice "go into that gentle goodnight" kind of dying but agonizing painful deaths usually after the doctors have removed some limbs.
We would hate to see that happen to young child, and if convincing the dad that a trip to the ER to get her checked out potentially saves her life, Then feel free to call me any name you like.

He came to a fishing forum for medical advise when he should be going to a hospital.
loco

Last edited by spiny norman; 06/15/10 11:36 PM.
Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: spiny norman] #4981633 06/15/10 10:38 PM
J
Jim_Campbell Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted By: spiny norman

He came to a fishing forum for medical advise when he should be going to a hospital.

Yep!

Had she been my child, she would have been in the emergency room that very night. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited by Jim_Campbell; 06/15/10 10:40 PM.
Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: Jim_Campbell] #4981805 06/15/10 11:43 PM
waderaider Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Green Horn

Loc: San ANtonio,Tx Sir this is seriuos. if she got hit by a stingray it will get infected. their have been several cases of vibrio so far this year in the corpus/rockport area. please for your childs sake take her to the em right away. If it where a stingray she needs an exray to make sure parts of the barb where not left in her leg. the stingray barb has a jelly on it that is full of bacteria and enzymes that will cause infection and possible blood poisoning. I have fished on the texas coast for 30 yrs and have many guide friends that have been hit by stingrays and also have contracted vibrio to just a scrape and have almost lost limbs and they went to the er within 24 hrs. Swelling of the wound and ulcerations ,fever etc. this is nothing to take litely. Just my 2 cents i hope your daughter gets better soon.

Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: waderaider] #4983028 06/16/10 05:42 AM
E
eksda Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
ok to begin with if you think we texans are rude then stay out of our forum. we give out opinions. all we are saying is that this guy is playing with his kids life and just doctoring itself is more dangerous than a plain old cut. i have had a friend who died after a wade fishing trip in san leon. the bays are loaded with all kinds of bacteria. the loss of ones life is too great a cost to not go to an emergency room or dt. and i do resent being called rude texan. dont like it here leave. i have lived elsewhere and i have not seen a mmore friendlier or kinder state than here . dont forget when it comes to helping out with diasters we are always first to offer help while others sit and talk

Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: mgid006] #4984436 06/16/10 05:10 PM
85MPH Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted By: mgid006
Thanks for all the parental tips!!! She has been treated for bacteria & the puncture wound...Did yall not read the memo above thoroughly??....I just wanted to know from people in the area what they thought it might have been & what was the proper procedure for treatment?.....Believe me I have treated the situation!!! again thank you for all the parental tips!!!!!!

How's you daughter doing? I hope that she is well. Are you a licensed MD? If not, I doubt your "treatment" would have little effect in controlling a massive bacterial or viral infection. I have first hand knowledge of the consequences of neglecting a small wound that has been exposed to saltwater and infected with vibrio vulnificus. Quit playing with your daughter's life, if she still shows signs of infection in the area of the wound, TAKE HER TO THE DOCTOR.

Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: 85MPH] #4984662 06/16/10 05:50 PM
B
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Hope your Daughter is well.I have had cuts in SW.Its no joke as you all claim.Wading around West bay 8 or so yrs ago,my shin came in contact with some Oyster Beds.Thought it was a scratch,10 min. after I looked down and could see blood and bone...Ouch.Fortunatley,another Wader was nearby and offered assistance.Went to the Doc next day,told me that I was wise to come in.That cut took FOREVER to heal,even with 14 stitches.Apologies to ones I offended.By the way,I'm A Native TEXAN(GALVESTON ISLAND)Yall.

Last edited by Dogrockit; 06/16/10 05:52 PM.

John Wayne

ADHAERO VIRTUTI
Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: Bayou Burner] #4985171 06/16/10 07:15 PM
W
Wetter-the-Better Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
You got 14 stitches the day AFTER the cut?

Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: Wetter-the-Better] #4986766 06/17/10 01:55 AM
B
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Yep,Bonehead me did not go to the emergency room as I should have;Had Butterflies keeping it closed. Battle Scar...

Last edited by Dogrockit; 06/17/10 02:07 AM.

John Wayne

ADHAERO VIRTUTI
Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: Bayou Burner] #4987187 06/17/10 03:22 AM
G
Gone Shank'n Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
G
I hope your daughter is doing well. She could have gotten a nail, rebar, piece of metal or something that could have ended up in the water after a storm, oyster, snail shell, stingray, crab shell, rock, bunch of random things.

I fish a lot, last weekend my brother helped me along with a puncture wound while we were out fishing. When i got in, hydrogen peroxide, then off to the doc. They went into quick clean mode and SCRAPED out the hole with a Q-tip and hydrogen peroxide then bandaged it up and made me come back the next day. They gave me a Tetnis shot and put me on a Vibro antibiotic and a staph antibiotic. Serious stuff, thats why everyone is giving you a hard time... BTW mine was a gaff through my left ear... Pretty random, but a close call.

Cody C
Re: Rock Port,Tx Coast punture wound [Re: Gone Shank'n] #4989528 06/17/10 07:45 PM
D
DEERSTRANGLER� Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
I got bit on the right calf by a kingfish,while at Port A, in 2003. I was dumb and didn't think anything of it. After I got home two weeks later and it still hadn't healed I went to my Dr. He didn't know right off what to treat it for like a coastal doc wouldve. I got steriod shots and antibiotics for the next two months and anti rejection drugs for 6 months after that. Hope your Daughter comes out alright. Lots of heebeejeebees in the water down on the coast.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide