D
drjoker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Rating: 1 out of 5 stars

Availability: public (fishing welcome)

Fishes; TDPW stocked catfish, bass, bluegill, and other sunfish there. I have never caught anything here.

Where: on Campbell near Coit.

Description: I did not see any minnows. These ponds have water fountains in them. The water is of medium clarity. These ponds have an unnatural feel to them as the edge of the pond is edged with a stone retaining wall. There are no barbecue grills nor picnic tables.

Last edited by drjoker; 06/21/09 05:48 PM.

Enjoy reading reviews of ponds? I invite you to say, "thank you," by writing your own reviews of some of your fishing holes using the following review format;

Review: Pond name and town name.

Rating: 0 (worst) to 5 stars (best)
Availability: no fishing allowed or fishing welcome?
Fishes; types of fishes?
Where: address
Description: best way to fish here?
Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: drjoker] #3583940 06/15/09 10:45 PM
S
Sunfish Fly Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
What are talking about!!!!!!!!!! This pond is full of shad and bluegill. It also has bass up to nine lbs in it!!!!!!!!! The problem is that it is heavily fished and the bass are very weary. I also saw a 20 lb cat caught out of there a couple of weeks ago.

Texas A&M 18'
Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: Sunfish Fly] #3584238 06/15/09 11:48 PM
P
Pondbass Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
I have caught many green sunfish and a 2lb bass out of here the first time I fished it. have you fished it more than once?!

why do you care about the concrete? unnatural feel?! I dont get it as most lakes are HUMAN IMPOUNDED ANYWAY

Last edited by pondbass; 06/15/09 11:48 PM.

Austin Anderson
[Linked Image]
Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: Pondbass] #3585490 06/16/09 05:44 AM
D
drjoker Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
The concrete side prevents water grasses and water lillies from growing on the bank. This limits the places where immature fish could hide. A place for immature fish to hide means that the fish can reproduce there. Without places for immature fish to hide, once the fish stocked by the TDPW gets taken out of there, the pond will be empty or nearly empty. The minnow situation is always indicative of the health of a pond. If I see plentiful minnows on the banks, then I know that the fishes are plentiful in there. No minnnows, no/very little fish. That's why I always comment on the minnow situation when I review ponds. Besides, live minnows make good bait.

I am glad you guys disagree with me. However, instead of commenting on what I've written, I invite you to write your own reviews of Twin Lakes Park. Thanks.

welcome

Enjoy reading reviews of ponds? I invite you to say, "thank you," by writing your own reviews of some of your fishing holes using the following review format;

Review: Pond name and town name.

Rating: 0 (worst) to 5 stars (best)
Availability: no fishing allowed or fishing welcome?
Fishes; types of fishes?
Where: address
Description: best way to fish here?
Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: drjoker] #3805493 08/12/09 02:19 AM
H
HatCamBass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
I've fished the north pond at Twin Lakes three times in the last two weeks for bass.......and I was skunked every time. Not even a single bite.

My partner and I were throwing spinnerbaits, all kinds of plastic worms, and even crankbaits. We would start around 6pm and fish til after sunset. Nothing.

**Sorry to bump an old thread, but I figured the info might be useful to some.

[Linked Image]
Jeff Amaro
@HatCamBass
www.youtube.com/HatCamBass
Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: HatCamBass] #3813924 08/13/09 10:27 PM
P
planofishman Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Understand that these two ponds were drained BONE DRY about 3-4 years ago to do all the brick work, clean-up, etc. There is no cover, structure, creek channels, nothing; it is basically a big cereal bowl. I guess it is possible to to have pulled a nine pounder out of there provided someone threw one in, otherwise very doubtful!

Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: planofishman] #3832601 08/18/09 09:47 PM
Starless Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Anyone ever see any big carp out there? If they were drained it's not likely. But, some ponds very much like those have been known to hold some huge carp! If there are any in there now after the draining, could start packing on some size.

The Harder the Fight, the Better the Fish.

www.TXfishes.com - Texas Multi-Species Angling ( Multi-Species Tournament: Sign up now! )

www.atdot.com Now featuring fantastic photography.

www.dfwhops.com ( All your DFW Beer news and info in one spot! )
Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: Starless] #3833272 08/19/09 12:33 AM
S
Sunfish Fly Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Starless, i met a guy who claimed he pulled a 15 out of there. There are also some giagantic shad there(1-3lbs). If you fish there shoot me a pm cause I live 5mins away from there.

Texas A&M 18'
Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: drjoker] #10955767 07/03/15 08:45 PM
W
WinstonK Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
Ok I'm resurrecting this old thread. I've leaved only a few miles from these ponds my whole life but never fished there till the other day. So far I've caught a 5lb and 6lb. As mentioned they don't seem to be as plentiful, but there are some sizable fish in there. I've talked with several other people (and see photos on phones) of 8-10lb fish and even a 13 pounder! If you've ever been to the ponds it seems crazy that there's even anything in there.

Be aware: it does get fished A LOT. Also there is a mesh netting under the water probably to hep vegetation grow. Be careful because I've gotten snagged more than a few times. Just keep your line up off the bottom when you get about 6 feet from the bank is where it starts.

Whats worked for me have been bass and bluegill pattern crankbait. Rattletraps and shallow divers (2' - 5').

I'm curious which of the 2 ponds people have had more luck at. So far I've only fished the north side.

Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: drjoker] #10955797 07/03/15 09:22 PM
C
curtis.e.flush Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Short Review

1 out of 5 stars

Bite ratio: 1000 casts to 1 fish (usually a sunfish)

Don't fish there unless you like catching dinks.

These two came out of the northern pond.

This one came out of the southern pond.

grin

Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: drjoker] #10956258 07/04/15 04:21 AM
C
curtis.e.flush Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Originally Posted By: drjoker
The concrete side prevents water grasses and water lillies from growing on the bank. This limits the places where immature fish could hide. A place for immature fish to hide means that the fish can reproduce there. Without places for immature fish to hide, once the fish stocked by the TDPW gets taken out of there, the pond will be empty or nearly empty. The minnow situation is always indicative of the health of a pond. If I see plentiful minnows on the banks, then I know that the fishes are plentiful in there. No minnnows, no/very little fish. That's why I always comment on the minnow situation when I review ponds. Besides, live minnows make good bait.

I am glad you guys disagree with me. However, instead of commenting on what I've written, I invite you to write your own reviews of Twin Lakes Park. Thanks.

welcome

There are some christmas trees in there, finding those will land you fish.

Also, there have been reports of people taking healthy sized bass out of there. While a catch and release sign isn't posted, feel free to give the person(s) an ear full.

Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: curtis.e.flush] #10957476 07/05/15 06:08 AM
C
ckcrew Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Originally Posted By: curtis.e.flush

Also, there have been reports of people taking healthy sized bass out of there. While a catch and release sign isn't posted, feel free to give the person(s) an ear full.

can you clarify? is it illegal to take bass out of there or are you merely suggesting that though its legal, taking bass out of a small body of water is frowned upon. i fish there from time to time and wouldn't want to tell someone wrong info if i see them taking fish.

Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: ckcrew] #10958815 07/06/15 05:05 AM
C
curtis.e.flush Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Originally Posted By: ckcrew

can you clarify? is it illegal to take bass out of there or are you merely suggesting that though its legal, taking bass out of a small body of water is frowned upon. i fish there from time to time and wouldn't want to tell someone wrong info if i see them taking fish.

No catch and release sign is posted, therefore it is legal to remove fish from the ponds. However, for those individuals taking fish (8lb bass) are effectively depleting the population, and consequently effecting the sport fisherman and communities enjoyment.

The pond it self has not been stocked since 2005 (http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/action/stock_bywater.php?WB_code=0976)

What I don't understand, perhaps; someone as yourself might formulate an argument; why would anyone choose to take fish from a pond which receives direct community watershed; i.e. car wash soap, dog [censored], trash, etc.

Cheers and healthy eating. laugh

Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: curtis.e.flush] #10959293 07/06/15 03:34 PM
R
RedRaider3933 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R

No catch and release sign is posted, therefore it is legal to remove fish from the ponds. However, for those individuals taking fish (8lb bass) are effectively depleting the population, and consequently effecting the sport fisherman and communities enjoyment.

The pond it self has not been stocked since 2005 (http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/action/stock_bywater.php?WB_code=0976)

What I don't understand, perhaps; someone as yourself might formulate an argument; why would anyone choose to take fish from a pond which receives direct community watershed; i.e. car wash soap, dog [censored], trash, etc.

Even if there is no sign posted I can almost guarantee that the people taking fish out do not have a fishing license. I have told people multiple times that I will call the game warden on them. Is it right? Probably not, but if they don't have a license they shouldn't be there in the first place.

To add, this place used to be awesome. It actually had aquatic vegetation back in 2009ish and you could have some awesome days out there. Since then the pressure and lack of cover has really made it tough. Although there are still monsters in there they are often difficult to catch.

Last edited by RedRaider3933; 07/06/15 03:37 PM.

Go Tech
Re: Review: Twin Lakes Park in Plano [Re: RedRaider3933] #10959925 07/06/15 07:50 PM
C
ckcrew Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Originally Posted By: RedRaider3933

Even if there is no sign posted I can almost guarantee that the people taking fish out do not have a fishing license. I have told people multiple times that I will call the game warden on them. Is it right? Probably not, but if they don't have a license they shouldn't be there in the first place.

To add, this place used to be awesome. It actually had aquatic vegetation back in 2009ish and you could have some awesome days out there. Since then the pressure and lack of cover has really made it tough. Although there are still monsters in there they are often difficult to catch.

you are definitely right about the monsters. i always see some huge bass cruising the shallows every time i go. but this place is tough as hell to fish. ive yet to actually land a bass (had one come off my spinnerbait right at the bank) and ive been there 4-5 times this summer. but the sight of those monsters keep me coming back!

although, i hate to see nice bass plucked out of small public ponds, im certainly not going to fault someone for doing it as long they were caught by legal means. now taking undersized fish or castnetting is a whole another story.

and id make 100% sure that a certain person does not have a license before calling the game warden. many years ago on ray hubbard a guy who was fishing next to me was complaining and complaining about a group of guys who were catching sandbass on every cast. he was so convinced these guys didnt have licenses, he called the game warden. and the warden actually came. long story short, all the guys had licenses. and the guy that called the warden mutter something under his breath and left.

alot of things tick me off too when it comes to fishing. maybe thats why i have high blood pressure. but i just take my meds and chill out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide