Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS #2278002 05/19/08 03:02 AM
Casey Allison Offline OP
Sissy Boy
OP Offline
Sissy Boy
I will have to say, when I told Mark 3 weeks ago I wouldn't give him a CREAM PUFF Lake it turned out I wasn't lying.

I took Mark Perry to lake Alvarado, just west of Alvarado City down highway 67.

Mark worked all night at his fire station and came straight from work to the lake.

I have posted some Pics and videos. This might take two post so here goes.

This is Mark Perry's " Day On The Water"

9:00 AM
Arrives at Alvarado Lake pulling a Skeeter ZX250 with Yamaha 250 VMax

9:18
After getting boat ready for his attack on Alvarado Lake he backs down the long ramp and launches.

9:20
Looks around the lake for a minute and heads south around point near the boat ramp.

9:23
Pulls up to a area that is loaded with Cat Tails and looks to be a drainage ditch surrounding a Cat Tail point. Spray Lake Fork Tackle Hawg Wild on his hands, this will get the smell of anything he exclaims.

9:24
Digs through tackle box and pulls out a Green Pumpkin Tube rigs it with a 3/16 tungsten weight

9:26
Starts off casting to cat tails in 2 foot of water with water temp of 74.6 degrees

9:28
Moves around shallow dock quickly stating they may be too shallow with no drop off or brush under or around them, so they may not hold fish as you can see the bottom. Laughs and says there's probably a 8 pounder hiding under it.

9:29
Feels a fish tap on his bait near the front side of some Cat Tails and slows down to pick it apart.

9:30
Finds a small boat ramp in the back of a pocket and runs tube down it, feels a perch and ask if thats would count as a keeper, and tells me how ramps are great areas for holding fish.

9:31
Something breaks water in middle of canal and Mark makes a few casts at it with no success.

9:32
Tries to flip under a dock and UH OH first of MANY backlashes on the day. He tries to explain that since his reels are so loose it will happen a lot.....LOL

9:34
He sees some Cat Tails move and makes a few casts at a lay down around them. No luck.

9:35
Moves to back of drainage ditch in 2.8 feet of water with 74.5 water temp

9:37
After casting up to a lay down Marks looks off for a SECOND and his line starts to move off ( I see it ) when he looks back he lowers his rod and whack, Not a fish and the bait hits the guy in the back of the boat's shoulder. He laughs and says guess I should have watched it better.

9:38
Tells me don't feel bad I have hit a camera man in a video shoot before as well as the host with a bait.

9:39
Looks around and tells me " If you look around and don't see locals around you might be doing something wrong".

9:41
Reminds me that if he throws a crank bait to watch out since he swings most of his fish, Don't want to dig that out he laughingly states.

9:45
Tells me about a great tournament Fun-N-Sun puts on for veterans that he is getting ready for this week.

9:46
You get to talking when your not catching fish he says, NOT TRUE FOR MARK he talks all the time, but is a fun guy to be in the boat with. LOL

9:47
Pulls out a Lucky Craft 1.5 White/Shad pattern and tells me this is his go to bait and money bait and has a lot of confidence in it

9:48
On second cast catches a cat tail and says see I can catch anything with this bait.

9:49
After making a cast down the Cat Tails WHACK a Bass Hammers his Crank Bait and Mark flips it in the boat. He was in 2.3 feet of water with 74.6 degree water and was the 4th cast with the crank.
The bass weighed 1.9 pounds

9:50
Gives me a weird WOO WOO and states I didn't zero. LOL

9:52
I make a comment about bass holding to certain areas and he tells me " Sorry but the bass don't always read the same books we do. Always keep a open mind he states and don't be afraid to experiment.

9:54
Talks about how these Cat Tails have no true pockets or openings in them and thats why he threw a crank around them. Most people throw spinner baits so the wont get hung up in this shallow of water and a lot of guys will not throw a crankbait so its a fresh look for the fish.

9:55
Laughs and says if he keeps catching fish on the crank bait if he will be like a FAT KVD!!!!!!!

9:57
Goes to a blue fleck seven inch worm on a 3/16 tungsten weight.

10:00
Keeps flipping worm unto small gaps in the Cat Tails.

10:01
Goes back to Lucky Craft Crank bait, running it into and beside Cat Tails

10:04
Back to Green Pumpkin Tube, flipping it in and around Cat Tails

10:05
Moves way back into some thick trees and lay downs to look for bedders, and spots a good bass on a bed.

10:06
After one cast she's off to the races and doesn't return, Not locked on right now he states.

10:07
Spots another good bass on a bed and makes a cast at her, she turns away and wants nothing to do with his lure. A few more casts and the fish is not showing any interest and moves away.

10:09
Backs his boat out of the area and tells me he's not going to waste time on searching for bass in there right now as its as far back as he can go and thats all he saw.

10:11
Back out side heavy trees he starts flipping Cat Tails with the tube again.

10:12
Picks back up Lucky Craft Crank Bait

10:15
I ask him " If you only catch that one bass will you hear it??
To his reply " I run with a rough crowd and they'll never let me live it down, while laughing"

10:16
Starts casting at metal pole dock and mentions he doesn't really like metal pole docks like this. The poles are small and spread out too far and really offer no cover. He's in 2.8 feet of water.

10:17
Makes cast at small run off ditch and starts looking off WHAM a fish hammers it, and he looks at me and says see always pay attention. I thought that drain may hold a fish and it did.

10:18
Casts at fish busting water near main lake Cat Tails. lots of bait but no takers.

10:19
Casts and puts a nice thump into a boat house, I think the whole lake heard that, I'm thinking.

10:21
He tells me about how he keeps fishing simple and tries not to over think it to much. Simple colors and try to keep a bait wet.

10:25
Still trying to locate fish with Lucky Craft Crankbait.

10:27
Starts casting at a sea wall in 3.7 feet of water with 74 degree water with no luck.

10:29
Pulls up trolling motor and gets ready to move. Mentions on bluebird days there is often a flurry of activity around noon so that may be a good window to get bit in.

10:40
Idles south and moves to a shallow point where there another boat on the point, I hope they move past that I like the way it looks he tells me.

10:43
pulls up to point on south end of lake and starts flipping seven in Blue/Fleck worm around lay downs

10:45
Starts casting Lucky Craft Crank bait over lay downs on shallow bank. No luck.

10:46
Gets crank bait hung up in lay down and runs in after it, hey these cost too much to loose. Had it been a cheaper bait I would have broke the line and fished around the cover then go back and get bait later.

10:47
Starts flipping Green Pumpkin tube around Cat Tails next to lay down he just got hung up in.

10:48
3 casts with the tube was enough back to Crank Bait

10:50
Picks up a Bandit 200 shad color runs it over the main lake point in 8-13 feet of water

10:51
Picks up a spinning reel and throws a BAMA BUG finesse worm on a shaky head in 13.8 feet of water with 74.5 water temp

10:52
Mark starts thinking out loud on what he should be throwing to catch fish on this lake. Water is less stained up here and finesse baits may be the deal.

10:54
Pulls up trolling motor and heads back up north to a sea wall.

10:58
Starts cast shaky head Bama Bug at steps on sea wall.

11:00
Starts picking apart a brush pile on the sea wall.

11:01
Hangs up in brush pile and can't shake it free and has to go in after it, Man there went a great piece of cover he states.

11:03 Cast shaky head under dock in 4.4 feet of water with 75.2 water temp.

11:04
Feels brush pile under dock and slows down a little trying to exploit it, the brush pile is 5 to 7 feet under dock.

11:05
Starts casting Lucky Craft around sea wall in 4.7 feet of water.

11:11
Cast Crank Bait at drainage ditch off main lake. No fish are interested.

11:16
Goes back to Blue Fleck seven inch worm around dock in ditch area.

11:18
Flips lure to back of boat under shaded over hang and feels a perch bite, hope thats not all I have left today he states.

11:20
Starts heading back out of ditch while flipping Cat Tails.

11:21
See's some old fence post in water and looks at me and smiles theres one there, the post is in 5.9 feet of water and temp of 76.2

11:25
After no luck on fence post he tries his luck with a dock on the main lake

11:30
Goes back to Lucky Craft Crank bait and throws it along main lake rocks.

11:32
Picks back up Seven inch worm and starts casting to Cat Tails

11:34
WHAM..............well not a fish as bait hits his trolling motor, got a nice back lash out of it though.

11:35
Starts casting at lay down on rock pile.

11:36
Fish pick up worm and runs towards baot, but he can't catch up to it before it spits it out.

11:38
Straps down and heads back up to north end of lake.

11:40
Pulls out COLD Breakfast burrito mixes in some hash browns and chows down.

11:45
Pulls up to ramp with a over hanging tree and starts casting Blue/Fleck worm

11:47
Reels down and sets hook on AIR???????? Maybe a perch bite he states

11:49
Picks up Lucky Craft Crank bait and cast at shad splashing top of water near dock

11:50
Back to Blue/Fleck worm

11:51
It's been a while since Mark has had a solid bite, but he keeps a straight head and focuses on his casts and presentation, He tells me I think I need to find a channel or small ditch or drain in these cat tails.

11:55
Picks up a white spinner bait and says he going to match what the fish are blowing up on around us.

11:57
Keeps chunking Spinner Bait across main lake point, with no success.

12:00
Tells me about how he loves being a FIREMAN and what he gets to do for other people

12:01
Starts up motor and moves up north some more.

12:09
Moves to where a small opening gives way to a stock pond behind it and picks back up the Green Pumpkin tube. This time dipping the tail in Spike-It. He's in 2.5 feet of water with the wind blowing in on the Cat Tails.

12:13
After a few small pecks he can feel he's in the right place he states. They are here I just got to get them to bite now. Referred back to earlier comment of expected increased afternoon activity on bluebird days and importance on settling down on a spot and fishing it thoroughly.

12:16
He continues flipping HEAVY Cat Tails and waits for that one BIG BITE. He says.

12:20
With one fast fluid movement Mark reels down and sets the hook on a toad in the middle of some Cat Tails, after the hook set I see the fish swirl and let me tell you, it would have broken the record for day on the water, IT WAS A NICE BASS. It gets caught up in the thick Tails and comes uncorked. Mark's face, white and dazed said it all. It was big he says while looking at his bent out hook

12:25
Starts back by casting at shallow brush pile in the back of the pond.

12:32
Tells me he wished the Cat Tails had some bigger openings so he could cast back up in them deeper because he feels the bigger fish are buried up in them while the smaller fsih are active on the outer edges. So he settles for casting out in front of them to fill his limit. WHAM a fish pops his Green Pumpkin Tube, Second fish of the day a 1.7 pound Bass that cam out of 2 feet of water.

12:40
After putting on another Tube and weighing fish Mark positions him self back like he was and makes a cast back across Cat Tails.......WHACK he sticks another Bass, a .12 ounce LUNKER.
But fish 3 none the less.

12:43
Reels down again and brings in a NICE stalk of Cat Tail.

12:55
After several cast and no bites he moves up North some more trying to find more productive Cat Tails.

1:05
After going to the northern most part of the lake, he returns back to the spot where he caught fish 2 and 3.

1:08
Tells me he has to figure out how to get his bait deeper into the Cat Tails since he knows thats where the BIG SALS are hanging out.

1:15
Continues casting tube around Cast Tails with great focus and is dialed in to what the fish want and where they are. Bite is very light but predictable in a few areas.

1:16
Cast to the back of a small pocket and Thump, he sets the hook on a bass after a short fight out of the Reeds he land him a 13 pounder....wait 1.3 pounder Fish number 4 though he states

1:17
One more and thats a small limit, he replies.

1:18
Tells me he's confident he will get a limit and hopes it's a chunk, just gotta weed through these small fish.

11:19
He makes a cast to a small open patch of Cat Tails and perks up at he ready's for a hook set. Thats exactly what came next. He sticks LIMIT FISH number 5 and Bass weighing in at .14 ounces
on tube.Ok got that out of the way. Lets upgrade now

1:22
Sets hook and misses fish, just a perch he exclaims.

1:24
Tells me those two fish on beds were chunks and will check them later to see if there locked on and catchable.

1:26
Has a hard hook set on a keeper fish and fights it to the boat, about 5 feet out it comes uncorked. Never had the hook in its mouth he tells me. Baits is almost pulled from hook as he pulls it in.

1:30
Moves back to where he lost the big fish earlier and wind has muddied up area more.

1:43
feels perch bite and sets hook.
Hey if he wants to play with it I'll catch him. While laughing

1:44
Flips tube into reeds and sets the hook on ANOTHER nice fish. It gets hung up in the stalks and pulls the hook out.

1:46
Pulls up trolling motor and moves back to where he caught fish number 1.

1:51
Goes back to green pumpkin tubes and starts back casting at cat tails where he caught fish number 1.

1:53
See's a snake in the water and tells me , he can have the boat if he crawls in with us. You are on your own.

1:55
Slowly creeps up where we saw the two bed fish

2:00
He sees something where she was and tries to get closer, only to see it's not her and the other bass is gone as well. Guess they were pulling off the bed when he saw them earlier which may explain the skittishness.

2:03
Backs out of thick cover hangs and picks up Lucky Craft Crank Bait

2:05 sees another snake and tells me he already seen to many today. No way I'm lipping a bass in the cat tails.LOL

2:08
After a few cast with the crank bait he picks back up Tube and states if it isn't broke don't fix it. Stay with it

2:12
No bites yet and tells me we may need to move back to honey hole where he caught fish 2-5

2:14
Shows me a neat trick with the Daiwa reels and how to flip with them.

2:16
Moves to shallow bank in a drainage ditch and starts casting 1/2 white spinner bait along bank since had are still active.

2:22
Pulls up trolling motor and idles out into open and eats another cold burrito

2:40
He has now went back south to the dam and starts casting Green Pumpkin Tube along dam over lay down
s

2:43
Picks up 1/2 oz spinner bait and starts casting along Dam

2:45
Grabs Lucky Craft Crank Bait and runs it into lay downs on dam

2:47
Cast Blue/fleck worm in Lay Downs and works it down a drop of from 2 feet to 6 feet of water 77 degree water temp

2:50
He cant understand why the fish wont bite on the dam and they not on the drop off or in the deeper water either

2:53
Goes back to Green Pumpkin Tube

2:55
Throws Lucky Craft Crank bait around over flow spill way

2:56
Gets a nice back lash and yes I PICS, Thats what he gets for changing lure so often I couldn't keep up LOL

3:00
With no luck on the dam he moves back to where he caught fish 2-5

3:12
The wind has really picked up and Mark starts fishing the opening to the pond again. TICK TICK BOOM, he sets the hook into another bass this one weighing .9 ounces

3:13
Mark hand me the bass to weigh he reels down and sets the hook into a nice BASS...BUT when it gets free of the Cat Tails it tilts the scales at .10 ounces

3:20
Mark returns back to where he lost the SAL earlier and hopes maybe shes still there.

3:25
Starts fishing wind blown corners off the pond intake

3:32
Sits down to retie and grab a bigger tube and tells me he's getting ready for a big MOMMA BASS. Its time to go to a bigger tube since he just needs a good kicker at this point and the big bait will get a big bite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcK-cPBE46Y

3:39
Flips lure into shaded pocket and mentions there should be a bass in there

3:42
Cast to where on of his fish can uncorked earlier

3:45
Talks about how he feels ok about the day, he has gotten good bites but hasn't capitalized on his bigger fish. Found lots of fish in smaller areas but has not taken advantage of all he has found.

3:47
Fires up big motor and moves about 50 yards back south to reposition his self around opening of pond

3:51
Mark sticks a NICE 3lbs or better bass and lands it.....ON WAIT he swung it in the boat but BASS DIDN'T stay in boat...big bait got a big bite.CHECK OUT VIDEO BELOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnqwFSIoeV8

4:00
DID you see it he said, yes I did I reply. All the while a BASS picks up his lure and Mark can't catch up to it before it spit it

4:25
Has been a drought of fish catching and TALKING whats going on???? He cast to a isolated patch of Cat Tails and feel what he thinks is a bass and sets hook and breaks line off at reel? Line must be getting old and worn from all my backlashes he states...LOL

4:26
Wind is really getting up and his trolling charger is messed up so his batteries aren't working right, one dead battery so 36V has been running on only 2 batteries most of day and are shot from the wind so he fires up big motor and moves to a bay area near dam

4:36
He starts with Green Pumpkin tube in 4.3 feet of water with 76.3 water temp

4:45
I tell him 15 minutes left, no pressure but you have the lowest total of Day On The Lake so far. He laughs

4:55
Bite has tapered of and so has his trolling motor power. trolling motor is about dead.

5:00
well it's over I wished I could have stayed on the pond cut to really pick it apart even more but thats fishing he states.

I put Mark on a TOUGH LAKE. I called 3 weeks ago and again Friday evening to check on the lake. I talked to a guy who fishes the lake 3-5 times a week. He told me a new person on the lake, unless they stuck a big one should only look for about a 5-7 pound limit. This lake has no depth and structure away from the bank you can find in one day.

Mark KEPT HIS HEAD UP AND WAS A BLAST riding with today.

Total weigh

5.13 POUNDS

I have more videos if I can figure out how to crop them down and resize them.

Casey Allison

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Casey Allison] #2278003 05/19/08 03:03 AM
Casey Allison Offline OP
Sissy Boy
OP Offline
Sissy Boy

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Casey Allison] #2278004 05/19/08 03:03 AM
Casey Allison Offline OP
Sissy Boy
OP Offline
Sissy Boy

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Casey Allison] #2278005 05/19/08 03:03 AM
Casey Allison Offline OP
Sissy Boy
OP Offline
Sissy Boy

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Casey Allison] #2278006 05/19/08 03:04 AM
Casey Allison Offline OP
Sissy Boy
OP Offline
Sissy Boy

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Casey Allison] #2278016 05/19/08 03:28 AM
U
UNTbass222 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
looks like yall had fun on one of my home lakes haha...just ask chaz from cabelas about the 7 pounder he caught outta Alvarado.

Austin Hollowell
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Casey Allison] #2278025 05/19/08 03:49 AM
Monte Coon Offline
Coon's Bar & Grill
Coon's Bar & Grill
Great job with another day on the lake I'm sure you had lot's of fun hanging out with Mark for the day. I caught one of my best fish ever on that lake Carolina rigging a point several years ago. I was wondeing if he would have found the point as far as I know it's well known by the locals but being a first timer it was a long shot. Good job Mark on getting your limit.

[Linked Image]
Monte Coon | Sales Manager | Moritz Chevrolet | 817-696-2003

www.facebook.com/MoritzFortWorth
www.moritzchevrolet.com
www.dobynsrods.com
www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Monte Coon] #2278027 05/19/08 03:54 AM
Casey Allison Offline OP
Sissy Boy
OP Offline
Sissy Boy
What point Monte?

Casey

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Casey Allison] #2278044 05/19/08 04:36 AM
Rick Paradis Offline
Sausage King
Sausage King
looks like a good time was had none the less...

great job on the write up...

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Rick Paradis] #2278070 05/19/08 06:35 AM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Good write up.

Interesting Post, First Time I have read these Day on the Water.

Very detailed and enjoyable.

Good Job Mark, he called me and said fishing was tuff, but her broke off a solid fish early in the day.

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: RedRanger] #2278137 05/19/08 08:41 AM
TexCaboCat Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Good job Mark!!!

God Bless,
Stephen

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: TexCaboCat] #2278148 05/19/08 08:53 AM
Stan Browning Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Good job Mark.....

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Stan Browning] #2278170 05/19/08 09:10 AM
S
SoCal Tom Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Putting 5 fish in the boat anywhere these days seems to be a great accomplishment! Great job Mark.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: SoCal Tom] #2278219 05/19/08 09:46 AM
Tejasbasshunter Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Good job Mark.

2013 Texas TBF State Champion

TFF Pledge-"Boom-Boom"
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Tejasbasshunter] #2278350 05/19/08 10:54 AM
S
Stacey Dude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Hey good write up Casey and good job Mark.

Look fwd to the next one.

Regards

[Linked Image]
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Stacey Dude] #2278418 05/19/08 11:11 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I had a great time and appreciate the chance to get to do it. Had fun with Casey as well. I'm happy in that I found a lot of fish on a little pattern but not real happy with my execution. I lost the 3 best bites of the day including a real pig that would have had me in double digit weights easily. If it was a normal practice day I would have been happy but since we were counting them it was frustrating. I lose very few fish and to lose these kinda sucked. It was the nature of how I was fishing though so I guess its part of it.
I started out just trying to get a feel of the lake and how it layed out. Its an extremely shallow lake so right away i knew to focus in on the shallow cover. Plenty of reed/cattails so I knew I had to find the ones that were "different" or had a depression or ditch near them. I also tried to check a little bit of everything in all depths but no takers doing that. I knew about noon or so I was gonna have to commit to an approach and ride it out. It would have been perfect had I executed better. The bluebird skies really made the little lake tough but I have no excuses as I had 7-8 fish in the boat and probably 5-6 other bites. The bites were extremely light but they were all around the same type cover so I had them locked in.
All in all it was a fun day and I urge anyone to give it a try.

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Stacey Dude] #2278425 05/19/08 11:13 AM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Good job Mark!
Good job Casey,
Look forward to reading the next one.

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Sinkey] #2278447 05/19/08 11:23 AM
S
SFAbassguy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
great write up, i like the youtube thing. great sig stacy dude. when are we going to see a day on the water with an east texas lake.

"celebrate success even if it's not your own"
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: SoCal Tom] #2278600 05/19/08 12:02 PM
Joefishin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Putting 5 fish in the boat anywhere these days seems to be a great accomplishment! Great job Mark.

I agree, anytime you can get your 5 you've done well. Especially on a lake you've never been on. You can't always control the size of the five fish you've caught. But if at the end of the day you caught your five, you've done your job.

http://www.denalirods.com
�Some men fish all their lives without knowing it is not really the fish they are after.� -Henry David Thoreau
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Joefishin] #2278632 05/19/08 12:10 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: Joey Deans
Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom

I agree, anytime you can get your 5 you've done well. Especially on a lake you've never been on. You can't always control the size of the five fish you've caught. But if at the end of the day you caught your five, you've done your job.

Thanks, I feel good about getting a limit but its the 3 lost fish that really bothers me I guess cause all were good size especially the big one. I had the opputunities to turn a good day into a great day and did not get them in the boat.

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Mark Perry] #2278753 05/19/08 12:40 PM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
Good write up!

Tough lake for a new guy to come across and do well on.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Fish Killer] #2278772 05/19/08 12:44 PM
R
Ranger66 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
This is a cool idea and great write up. Sorry you lost that big one Mark, would have been nice to see what she weighed. Looking forward to the next one.

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Ranger66] #2278928 05/19/08 01:17 PM
C
cbob Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Casey I like these better than the BASS write ups because they are close to home and with guys that we see post everyday. Thanks for putting in the time to do this for the anglers and yourself. Keep up the good work!

Mark, good job on a tough day and on a tough lake. The scenery from the pictures looks very nice. This place looks like one of those places where you think you should have a fish on every cast. Way to hang in there and grind out a limit.

I sure miss the stump dodging on Lake Fork...But I'm coming back soon to catchOVER the slot! 👍🏾
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Joefishin] #2278935 05/19/08 01:18 PM
K
K.P Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Great job on the write up Casey, good job on the fishing Mark! looks like you had a fun day on the lake. Can't wait for the next one.

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: K.P] #2279032 05/19/08 01:44 PM
J
Judd Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Good write up and good job Mark...sometimes they just get off.

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: K.P] #2279040 05/19/08 01:46 PM
Brian McCarty Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Great Post! Good job Mark! Casey, Thank you for taking the time to do this...You are doing a fantastic thing!

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Judd] #2279066 05/19/08 01:51 PM
R
Richard F Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
nice report!

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Judd] #2279749 05/19/08 04:27 PM
Z
ZARASPOOKY Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Z
Nice job Mark.

Stump get ya?
You shoulda gotta Gator
Team ProGator

ProStaff ElGrande Lures
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: ZARASPOOKY] #2280824 05/19/08 08:37 PM
Big Red 12 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Good Report. Sounds like that lake was a little tough.

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Big Red 12] #2280884 05/19/08 08:56 PM
J
Jersey Dan Offline
Guido
Guido
J
How do you manage to write down all of that info with timestamps. Awesome job.

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Jersey Dan] #2280958 05/19/08 09:16 PM
C
Cee Weezy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Great Read

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Cee Weezy] #2281002 05/19/08 09:28 PM
M
monkester Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Way to go Mark!! Good job on a tuff lake!!

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: monkester] #2281067 05/19/08 09:55 PM
521Rangerman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Great job Mark.Nice write up Casey.

Tony Lumpkins
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: 521Rangerman] #2282093 05/20/08 03:54 AM
J
JohnLM Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Bump for another great report.Good job Mark 5 fish = GOOD JOB as SOCAl Tom Said. Keep up the great work Casey!!!They are great reads and very informative

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: JohnLM] #2282117 05/20/08 04:46 AM
Bazztex Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Mark..

Ya done Good to get your 5 with very little rest before hand.. some times they just come unbuttoned in heavy cover situations!

Casey.. Excellent Report, Photos and Video once again! cheers

Bazz fish

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Bazztex] #2282136 05/20/08 06:54 AM
A
anthonyhicks101 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
Geez, how about some details? eeks

Originally Posted By: OK, Waco
anthonyhicks101 for president! Greatness right there.

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Judd] #2282724 05/20/08 12:02 PM
L
LOOMIS-MAN Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
ENJOYED READING THIS POST. GOOD JOB MARK & CASEY!!!!!!!

IF YOU WORRY, YOU DIDN'T PRAY. IF YOU PRAY, DONT WORRY.
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: LOOMIS-MAN] #2283815 05/20/08 04:14 PM
S
Slide_R Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Nice write-up and pictures Casey, kind of a BASS meets Honey Hole Outdoors. Too bad about the big fish Mark but you did a good job making some things work.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Robert Oleson
aka Slide_R

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Slide_R] #2284168 05/20/08 05:21 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Really cool Casey!

Good job putting a limit together Mark!

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: J.P. Greeson] #2284796 05/20/08 07:22 PM
J
J.Mays97 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Good job. These really have been alot of fun to read.

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Casey Allison] #2285933 05/21/08 12:07 AM
Tom Redington Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Nice job overcoming the lost big ones and getting a limit Mark. Great write up Casey!

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Tom Redington] #2286118 05/21/08 12:42 AM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Thanks guys but I still feel a little like the kid that is getting the "E" for Effort Award here.....LOL...I should have gotten at least two of the missed fish in the boat and the day would have been much better.

Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: Mark Perry] #2286408 05/21/08 02:21 AM
M
MTGMAN Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Nice Job guys. That looks like a fishy lake. I like the pics you took.
Casey, am I still hold'n it down with the pothole we fished on the jetway?

[Linked Image]
Re: Mark Perry's " Day On The Water" 5-18-08 RESULTS [Re: MTGMAN] #2286411 05/21/08 02:23 AM
S
SoCal Tom Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Is that right? Bachman still has the largest stringer in this series? That's surprising.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide