Print Thread
Lake Ray Roberts Crappie #2237423 05/06/08 01:54 AM
B
bigpapa Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Just thought I would vent a little about a crappie fishing trip this morning with a buddy of mine. We were fishing the FM 3002 bridge and were holding our own with the weather and all. We started catching one almost every cast. Then, 3 guys in a boat pull their boat right where me and my buddy were throwing. I understand that everyone has a right to fish where they want but since the weather was crappy we decided to fish from the bank than to fight the weather. I myself try to be courteous and respect other fishermen and their space but that surely wasn't the case this morning. Nevertheless, after the uncourteous guide and his clients decided that they had did enough damage, they left and needless to say we never got another bite. So, if you can manage to fish without being rooted out of your spot, the crappie are biting off the bank at the FM 3002 bridge on the east side. Chartreuse and black jigs.

I'd rather be fishing compared to what other people do.
Re: Lake Ray Roberts Crappie [Re: Jerry] #2238242 05/06/08 12:18 PM
B
bigpapa Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Because i know which guide it was by the pictures that were posted of their catch. I always give other boaters and bank fishermen their space. And i understand that not everyone has the same thoughts and don't practice courteous fishing. Just thought i would vent a little. It would have been really nice if he would have used the trolling motor to get some distance from where we were fishing before he started the big motor. Anyways, we did catch some nice fish and plan on trying it again soon.

I'd rather be fishing compared to what other people do.
Re: Lake Ray Roberts Crappie [Re: bigpapa] #2239039 05/06/08 03:07 PM
C
crappieman1940 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
shame u didn't have a nice 2 oz. rattle trap to throw why they got that close to u. and its a shame that it was even a guide that did that to u but as u know they want thier customers to get thier limits so they can get to others and maake that money.....but i do hope u have a good time the next time u go and that he never shows up again and thanks for the info on where to catch them and how u did it from the back not all of us own a boat and it sure helps us out telling us about bank fishing.

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Crappie [Re: bigpapa] #2240624 05/06/08 09:15 PM
G
Guide: Cliff_S Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
I take it this is aimed at me. First off I do apolgize to you if you felt it was uncourtous of me fishing the 1st pillar. I did not realize you was even fishing the piller it self. To be honest I thought you were just fishing under the bridge to get out of the rain as we were. You make it sound like I saw you catching crappie and pulled right up and took over your hole. Which was not the case at all. We started fishing the 4th pillar out and was working each one up to the first just waiting for the rain to slack up to go in. I did notice you caught a couple of fish but I thought they were sandbass from where I was. Yes we did catch 2 crappie off the first pillar all of the 2 to 3 minutes we fished it but I sure would not concider that damage as you put it. Once again I do apolize to you it was not my intent to be uncourtous. I normally always practice courtesy to both bank fisherman and boaters alike. And anyone that knows me knows this. I did back off the pillar and idled out from under the bridge into the rain before taking off between the 1st and 2nd pillar. So if you concider that uncourtous I will go ahead and apolize for that as well.
Cliff

Email:cliffspindle@yahoo.com or call 940-727-3493
http://www.spindleguideservice.com Web Site
www.thumpitjigs.com Pro Staff
www.BeeReadys.com Pro Staff
LUND BOATS, MR. CRAPPIE, LEWS, FISH & SKI MARINE

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Crappie [Re: Guide: Cliff_S] #2240678 05/06/08 09:27 PM
P
PktChg Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted By: Cliff_S
I take it this is aimed at me. First off I do apolgize to you if you felt it was uncourtous of me fishing the 1st pillar. I did not realize you was even fishing the piller it self. To be honest I thought you were just fishing under the bridge to get out of the rain as we were. You make it sound like I saw you catching crappie and pulled right up and took over your hole. Which was not the case at all. We started fishing the 4th pillar out and was working each one up to the first just waiting for the rain to slack up to go in. I did notice you caught a couple of fish but I thought they were sandbass from where I was. Yes we did catch 2 crappie off the first pillar all of the 2 to 3 minutes we fished it but I sure would not concider that damage as you put it. Once again I do apolize to you it was not my intent to be uncourtous. I normally always practice courtesy to both bank fisherman and boaters alike. And anyone that knows me knows this. I did back off the pillar and idled out from under the bridge into the rain before taking off between the 1st and 2nd pillar. So if you concider that uncourtous I will go ahead and apolize for that as well.
Cliff

Cliff-

I must say you are a class act. No names were mentioned and you could have stayed nameless and went on your way. You came forward, defended yourself, but mainly you apologized. That is something not found very often. THANK YOU for at least raising your hand to say it might have been you.

Pledge-President Squats.....

"Stay hard Bruce"
Re: Lake Ray Roberts Crappie [Re: PktChg] #2241159 05/06/08 11:38 PM
S
Stucky76 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
I have fished with Cliff before and he is the first to show courtesy to anyone fishing from the banks or so forth. We were fishing the creeks a month and a half ago and idled his way past many fishermen on the banks. He is a stand up guy for sure and has respect for everyone on the lake....

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Crappie [Re: Guide: Cliff_S] #2241234 05/06/08 11:57 PM
T
TreeBass Offline
Lt. Dan
Lt. Dan
T
Originally Posted By: Cliff_S
Cliff

Very stand up thing to do, even if it wasn't you.. thumb

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others

Sure-Life Products
Dobyns Rods
Holding The Line Guide Service
www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Lake Ray Roberts Crappie [Re: TreeBass] #2241267 05/07/08 12:04 AM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I stand with Cliff on this. Cliff's story sounds just like something Cliff would do. I know him to be a man of his word and always goes out of his way to be courteous to anyone. Last year when I went fishing with him one of his customers was fishing a brushpile Cliff had taken him too a few days before and we bypassed it completely and went somewhere else. I suspect Cliff is telling the complete truth about getting out of the rain. Thanks for being a man and apologizing anyway Cliff. Cliff for president!
Originally Posted By: Jerry
There is some brush there and a little drop. Always a good spot to fish. Sorry to hear a boater had to ruin your good time. I try to give bank fisherman a wide berth always. How do you know it was a guide?

Nice of job of presenting the bait Jerry. Classy for sure.stir I won't ever be calling you. realmad

Last edited by Bobcat1; 05/07/08 12:10 AM.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Crappie [Re: Bobcat1] #2241466 05/07/08 01:17 AM
L
Lugnut Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
CM373,
Balls in your court....bring er back.

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Crappie [Re: Jerry] #2241947 05/07/08 09:20 AM
ERNEST PATY Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I know Cliff quite well and he is a class guide. If he interfered with your fishing it was an accident. He appologized, class move. Good luck on your future trips.

As far as Jerry's trolling for clients, Nonsense. He has an excellent reputation as a guide and fisherman and gets more requests for trips than he can take already. He readily shares information and help on here all the time. Some times a second to think about what we post might be in order. (for me too)

Ernest Paty 214-202-7866
catchcrappie@aol.com

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Crappie [Re: ERNEST PATY] #2241997 05/07/08 09:41 AM
J
Jeff Schiller Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Is it January already? rolfmao bolt

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread